minimal mention of Matt | Syracusefan.com

minimal mention of Matt

He has good hands and gets wide open by the basket often .

JB gave him a shoutout in the post game presser. Kid battles hard and bleeds orange. He's becoming very good at finishing around the rim too, he goes up strong. Obviously a beast on the boards as well

Was exactly what we needed against a physically bigger G town.

Hoping for an encore and increased time vs the bonnies.

Love his mindset, just pleaseeee... dont kick a dude in the head when he kicks his legs out, Tech is coming very soon

Love his mindset, just pleaseeee... dont kick a dude in the head when he kicks his legs out, Tech is coming very soon
The more he does that the more the opposing team will just back off lol

I want to know who is teaching these guys how to shoot as kids. Good Lord Roberson and Moyer have two of the ugliest shots ever. Moyer has the ugliest form, ugh it physically hurts me some times. His guide hand is on top of the ball and his shot is so flat. That being said Matt had a great game yesterday. He is a good player along the baseline and cuts to the open space and finishes. He is developing a good chemistry with Howard and Battle.

Another point about MM. The kid is in very good shape. Some have labeled him soft/heavy. No he is built like a brick SH.
I agree, he has big shoulders, long arms and a very solid upper body.

I think the "soft/heavy/out of shape" comments probably come from how he is built. He's listed at 6'8 215 - Brissett 6'8 210, Roberson was 6'8 226. Moyer just isn't "cut" like those 2 and guys like Tyus - his strength is obvious from watching him play, but his muscles and veins don't pop out like some other guys. But that's fine, some people will never look like that no matter how hard they work, but MM is in fine shape and is very strong

I want to know who is teaching these guys how to shoot as kids. Good Lord Roberson and Moyer have two of the ugliest shots ever. Moyer has the ugliest form, ugh it physically hurts me some times. His guide hand is on top of the all and his shot is so flat. Matt had a great game yesterday. He is a good player along the baseline and cuts to the open space. He is developing a good chemistry with Howard and Battle.
He was a top 50 recruit who can't shoot. Giannis, Lonzo, etc. can't shoot either. Moyer obviously works on his shot, but most likely when playing HS/AAU he just relied on his physicality and ability around the rim. We see a lot of guys take a huge jump by the time their upper classmen with their shot making ability.

I want to know who is teaching these guys how to shoot as kids. Good Lord Roberson and Moyer have two of the ugliest shots ever. Moyer has the ugliest form, ugh it physically hurts me some times. His guide hand is on top of the ball and his shot is so flat. That being said Matt had a great game yesterday. He is a good player along the baseline and cuts to the open space and finishes. He is developing a good chemistry with Howard and Battle.
The scary thought is that he’s totally remade his shot and it looks soooo much better than in high school! :vomit:

He was a top 50 recruit who can't shoot. Giannis, Lonzo, etc. can't shoot either. Moyer obviously works on his shot, but most likely when playing HS/AAU he just relied on his physicality and ability around the rim. We see a lot of guys take a huge jump by the time their upper classmen with their shot making ability.
A taller Paul Harris. I know Paul Harris had incredible expectations but I thought he ended with a solid career. Hopefully Matt will have the same.

I hope he keeps up being a solid contributor because the over the top emotions will only aggravate the hell out of our opponents and fans.

I agree, he has big shoulders, long arms and a very solid upper body.

I think the "soft/heavy/out of shape" comments probably come from how he is built. He's listed at 6'8 215 - Brissett 6'8 210, Roberson was 6'8 226. Moyer just isn't "cut" like those 2 and guys like Tyus - his strength is obvious from watching him play, but his muscles and veins don't pop out like some other guys. But that's fine, some people will never look like that no matter how hard they work, but MM is in fine shape and is very strong
He also looks like he skips leg day.

Youth b-ball all about traveling all over the place to play games, parents posting on Facebook about their kids 4th grade game with a score of 18-12. Lol. Lower the freakin rims and teach the basics and forget the games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom