Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe

Of particular concern now is the transfer and recruitment ramifications from this.
I dont see how there wont be attrition following this, but hope im wrong

Wow didn't expect that, gut punch. But we always kind of thought he would be snagged at some point. Welp. Okay the next few weeks are going to be a roller coaster, get ready for the ride.

what are you talking about? Dino could have offered Nick the DC position the day White left for Nebraska
He clearly wasn't qualified for the role hence the university going after Long. The guy wasn't the architect of the defense. For this Swag Daddy crap that gets touted around here, the classes have been annually at the bottom of the conference. They're not losing anything.

When does the portal close? On Jan 18th or something? I hope more players don't leave now.

Last edited:
He clearly wasn't qualified for the role hence the university going after Long. The guy wasn't the architect of the defense. For this Swag Daddy crap that gets touted around here, the classes have been annually at the bottom of the conference. They're not losing anything.
He may not have brought in 5 stars but he consistently brought in all americans and nfl talent.

The players "Swag Daddy" recruited for the positions he coaches DB are going to the NFL and getting poached by higher D1 schools. He knows how to evaluate and recruit for the position he coaches. If we aren't having success in other areas of recruiting perhaps look at he position coaches that are identifying the kids to go after. Coach Monroe isn't going around tell everyone what offensive linemen to recruit etc.

Wow. Surprised but makes some sense. Good luck Nick. Cheers.

Guess he doesn't want to learn from the Jedi Master lol.

IMO - worst news of the year. We better be out looking for the best recruiter we have, because now, we don’t have any.

I would have given Nick the DC role if I knew there was an inkling of this.
Ain’t that the truth.

The players "Swag Daddy" recruited for the positions he coaches DB are going to the NFL and getting poached by higher D1 schools. He knows how to evaluate and recruit for the position he coaches. If we aren't having success in other areas of recruiting perhaps look at he position coaches that are identifying the kids to go after. Coach Monroe isn't going around tell everyone what offensive linemen to recruit etc.
Exactly. The recruiting rankings weren't Nick's fault.

When does the portal close? On Jan 18th or something? I hope more players don't leave now.
No it closes on 1/18...six more days. Then it opens back up in May.

Sucks to lose him. Back to his home town to be a Co DC. He was loyal to Dino longer than most assistants. He felt the need to take this position and he has that right. He's done a lot for the program. Im happy for Nick and I wish him all the success he deserves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom