Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe

The players "Swag Daddy" recruited for the positions he coaches DB are going to the NFL and getting poached by higher D1 schools. He knows how to evaluate and recruit for the position he coaches. If we aren't having success in other areas of recruiting perhaps look at he position coaches that are identifying the kids to go after. Coach Monroe isn't going around tell everyone what offensive linemen to recruit etc.
Yeah, players are coming to play for an assistant and not Babers. Cry over it.

I can already actually hear the tampering with some of our best defenders. Imagine we will get another wave of crap news. Thought I read on this board last year we were upping the ante on assistants , fing Minnesota is out bidding us, that’s bad news .

On the bright side this will just accelerate Dino’s firing after next season. Then we get to do this all over again.

Is it just me or does it seem like Syracuse has two options each year - A) Losing Season B) Win 6-8 games and lose your best 10-15 players plus 2-3 best assistant coaches.

He clearly wasn't qualified for the role hence the university going after Long. The guy wasn't the architect of the defense. For this Swag Daddy crap that gets touted around here, the classes have been annually at the bottom of the conference. They're not losing anything.
We hear the "rankings don't matter" argument a lot, but in his case it held true. We've had more NFL caliber players come through the program during Dino's Tenure at DB than anywhere else. It's not his fault that we couldn't recruit an OL to say our lives.

Sorry but it’s not right that the players aren’t being told before hand. At least send an email blast and wait 90 minutes.
No. He talks to his family about the decision. Then he speaks with his employer.
He isn't responsible for some idiot on Social Media breaking the story before he ever has a chance to speak to the players.

On the bright side this will just accelerate Dino’s firing after next season. Then we get to do this all over again.

Is it just me or does it seem like Syracuse has two options each year - A) Losing Season B) Win 6-8 games and lose your best 10-15 players plus 2-3 best assistant coaches.
Yes that’s what we want, another firing and start from scratch again. Give me a break !

In my over 60 years of being an SU football fan, this is the biggest mistake we ever made. He needed to be given a new title immediately and a big bump in salary. Maybe Rocky didn't want a co, but if he was willing, this is what we needed to do and then announce it immediately to the world. Schools would have been less likely to approach him then, although he had quite the job interview for this at the Pinstripe. But we could have locked him up better the week before the Pinstripe. Yes, I hope he doesn't take the SU best players with him, but we have 6 days to hold our breath, but we all know what is going to happen. He also sat there and watched another coach get promoted within. That is not a good feeling when it is your time. Don't say he wasn't ready because a bigger school in a bigger conference thought otherwise. Money isn't everything. Sometimes you have to take care of what you already have and make them feel valued. I'm thinking he didn't feel valued in how all of this went down...

No. He talks to his family about the decision. Then he speaks with his employer.
He isn't responsible for some idiot on Social Media breaking the story before he ever has a chance to speak to the players.
I hope that’s what happened, otherwise it seems tacky and inconsiderate. Axe seems to agree with you as well.

D507B22F-435C-4CDE-9A1E-97DAA0BF7ECE.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom