Minnesota is what I expected us to do | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota is what I expected us to do

The one thing I have heard, which needs to be addressed, is housing for student athletes is really sub par. I agree with your underlying point though, the AD has put in the effort to try and be competitive with other P5 schools in our peer group. There really shouldn't be any excuses for not getting the job done.

This has been addressed numerous times. Football and basketball players live in University Village.

Was the recent 25 million $ gift to the football program specifically targeted to certain areas within the program?

A big issue for us is how few players we've sent to the league in recent years. Coleman and Robinson going backwards this year (at least statistically) is a killer. We need to show we can develop some guys for the league. There are some MAC schools sending more guys. Don't think this doesn't get pointed out on the recruiting trail.

Last edited:
A big issue for us is how few players we've sent to the league in recent years. Coleman and Robinson going backwards this year (at least statistically) is a killer. We need to show we can develop some guys for the league. There are some MAC schools sending more guys. Don't think this doesn't get pointed out on the recruiting trail.
I noticed on twitter a picture of Dino with a recruit near a wall with NFL jerseys for a bunch of guys he coached at stops prior to Syracuse. It is definitely an issue that they are trying to address.

Yep, the 4 and 5 star as well as many of the 3s think they’re headed to the league. I guess that’s why Miami is in the top 15 despite the fact that they are chronically mediocre.

You can renovate your kitchen for 20K or you can renovate a kitchen for 200K. The one for 200K also has outdoor seating and poolside bar and the house is closer to a lot of your friends as well. Now, if you took a tour of the two kitchens and then decided which one you prefer as your own which one you think gets chosen more by top chefs. ( the $ isn't yours to have to worry about)

So eloquently stated. I just pictured doing this exact thing. Agreed 100%.

This is why the argument about location and weather doesn't hold any weight

True, is the b10 really that more attractive than the acc? All things the same, minny has the advantage in student body, enrollment. After that, it's a head scratcher about just how more attractive minny is over SU. OR...is it not that more attractive and minny is getting mostly those big 3* guys and just coaching them up like crazy?

Bingo. It's the staff. I'm tired of everyone making excuses. This is not a P5 staff except for Babers and Monroe.

Everything points that way. Minny isn't loaded with 4*+ talent, it's the positional coaching and coordinator schemes just as much as it is the motivation at the top.

True, is the b10 really that more attractive than the acc? All things the same, minny has the advantage in student body, enrollment. After that, it's a head scratcher about just how more attractive minny is over SU. OR...is it not that more attractive and minny is getting mostly those big 3* guys and just coaching them up like crazy?

it’s much simpler

1. They had their very good season in 2019, we had ours in 2018. They were not “pretty good” until this year. Like Dino and Syracuse - consistency is an issue at schools like ours more than the factories. He’ll have to have more than 1 year of success to *change* their lot in life

2. As outlined in this thread, they invested a lot more recently

3. this years class is probably a result of winning and the Minny coach being a better recruiter (and also #2) than Dino so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom