Minnesota / Post-season thoughts | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota / Post-season thoughts

I'm still waiting for the report from the Audi Club. How was the spread ? What kind of scotch were they serving ? Did Aaron Judge show ? Was anyone ejected ?

D was excellent, Allen was impressive. GS did GS things, both good and bad. Really hope the transfer OL dudes are ready to play, that would make a huge difference. We need a WR who can stretch the D, I think that is the number one portal need going into 2023. Rocky is going to put a great defense out on the field and he is known as a disciplinarian so hopefully fewer penalties on that side. Beck can do good things for the O, just needs the upgrades mentioned and we need GS to cut down on killer turnovers.

I guess I wasn’t aware that we are a “speed team.”

When your defense is outweighed by 50 pounds a man, it's your quickness and movement ("speed", especially sideline to sideline) that allows us to be as good as we are on defense.

The announcers were commenting on the fact that Minnesota went away from their power running game when the other QB came in. They started playing more toward the sidelines and were less effective because of our pursuit.

- First time at a bowl game, had a blast
- Allen looked like he could beat Tucker in a 40
- The boys fought but GS was off the second half
- Take away that pick 6 and it’s a very different game
- Tons of SU fans, 31,141 in attendance it said. Lots of fellow STH, ACC side looked good.
- Lots of drunk fans, some were even booing our team and screaming “fire Dino” towards the end of the first half before we scored. Those fans are embarrassing and made me angry.

When your defense is outweighed by 50 pounds a man, it's your quickness and movement ("speed", especially sideline to sideline) that allows us to be as good as we are on defense.

The announcers were commenting on the fact that Minnesota went away from their power running game when the other QB came in. They started playing more toward the sidelines and were less effective because of our pursuit.
But why would they go away from the power running game if the field conditions favored a power running game? And wouldn’t the field be worse in the second half than the first?

But why would they go away from the power running game if the field conditions favored a power running game? And wouldn’t the field be worse in the second half than the first?
i would assume personnel. Ibrahim is the quintessential power back. The other guys they played after retired seemed to lack his strength and power, so they had to try something else out.

Last edited:

Should have been a worse field by the 2nd half, and they were foolish to get away from that, in my opinion. But maybe their other RBs were not up to the quality of the record breaker, once he went out.

It was ok for thirty years, but not anymore.
Yeah, because people got smart and realized it was dumb to play in an extra game if you don’t have to. I think I could insert many “it was this way forever why did it change” examples, but I’m not sure it’d make a difference if you’re still stuck in this mindset.

Last edited:
i would assume personnel. Ibrahim is the quintessential power back. The other guys they played on he retired seemed to lack his strength and power, so they had to try something else out.
OK, that’s fair. Can only say I was at the game and don’t feel the field was a factor.

OK, that’s fair. Can only say I was at the game and don’t feel the field was a factor.

Guys were falling down all over the place. The Minnesota guys changed their cleats at halftime because of the conditions.

i would assume personnel. Ibrahim is the quintessential power back. The other guys they played on he retired seemed to lack his strength and power, so they had to try something else out.
OK, that’s fair. Can only say I was at the game and don’t feel the field was a factor

Shrader had good stats tonight but didnt have a great performance imo.

Pick aside, he just didn’t play smart situational football today and it cost us. A factor there is not having Bergeron. I actually think there’s little fall off in RB blocking with Allen.

Allen’s going to leave a more profound legacy than Tucker if he stays 3 years here. That is my bet.

I hope Lamson and CDRW push Shrader this offseason. He’s gotta become the best version of what he is. Anything less isn’t going to get us where we need to be.

Defense offense we’re both good difference I thought was special teams! Punting & discrepancy in over all return yards continuously flipped the field to Minni ‘ s !

Good teams don’t turn the ball over in tight games and kill drives or extend them for the other team with penalties. Sometimes you have to throw a ball away, or take a sack, sacrifice yards by going down earlier with two hands securing the ball.

We moved the ball better. We defended better. But our special teams were worse and we shot ourselves in the foot.

It’s frustrating to watch. But I feel much more at ease about our talent level going into ‘23.

I really like Schrader. I thought he played really well. I was proud of the entire team today.
Couldn’t agree more. First time seeing him in person and he throws a way better ball than it seems on tv. He will be one of the best qbs in the ACC next year without a doubt

In fairness, I haven’t seen the broadcast yet
I gotcha, I can’t remember who she was talking about honestly, but they showed a Syracuse player so I assumed it was Syracuse

I didn't realize that. If true, it goes to show what these games mean to coaches if they are willing to pull 1 of their top players.
Their players mean more to them, as it should be. I mean their starting QB got knocked out of the game. Why risk that for your NFL guy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom