Minnesota / Post-season thoughts | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota / Post-season thoughts

Fitting way to end the year. Get a stop but get a unsportsmanlike penalty to ice game.
The #1 thing that needs to finally be addressed next year is the stupid false start, holding, illegal procedure, and unsportsmanlike penalties . Especially the offensive ones that cripple drives. No other team has as many as us.

Also, nice to see all FSU future draft picks didn’t opt out of there game. Culture
Some folks are pretty cavalier with other people’s athletic futures. That field was a disaster waiting to happen.

Just about making it and following it up with another bowl next year (not pinstripe really amateur hour)

That pattern short side of the field needs to be thrown right away even with no defender around. That throw likely is at Gadsden's feet. He stared down the WR. The LB did not jump the route. Shrader threw it right to him. Then he didn't make the tackle after the INT. That's 5 bad things he did in that one play.
Huh? That DB caught that chest high on the run and GS absolutely let it fly to Gadsden post snap. Also the DB caught the ball moving. GS on a sloppy field started from a full stop to chase him. I mean yeah would have been nice to have gotten the guy but it wasn't exactly a dry flat track he was running on to chase the guy . Listen again fair criticism is one thing. some fans get emotionally butt hurt and blame everything on the guy. The same guy who led us to 6 and 0 and was a crappy no call and twisted ankle from beating Clemson at Clemson. Sometimes people want perfection and your not going to get that in college football. Especially from a guy playing behind a limited offensive line.

The attendance with a "local" team was 31,131 which is the smallest non covid game, being 5,764 less than the 2nd smallest. Does the game go away with the poor attendance, plus the cold weather, plus the crappy field?

Difference is these kids are risking millions and a multi-year career playing the game they love, that .1% seems minuscule for a guy or gal playing their last HS game or their last college game before going to the professional world, but it’s very large for people who might miss out on life changing money. Why risk it if you don’t need to.
It was ok for thirty years, but not anymore.

Huh? That DB caught that chest high on the run and GS absolutely let it fly to Gadsden post snap. Also the DB caught the ball moving. GS on a sloppy field started from a full stop to chase him. I mean yeah would have been nice to have gotten the guy but it wasn't exactly a dry flat track he was running on to chase the guy . Listen again fair criticism is one thing. some fans get emotionally butt hurt and blame everything on the guy. The same guy who led us to 6 and 0 and was a crappy no call and twisted ankle from beating Clemson at Clemson. Sometimes people want perfection and your not going to get that in college football. Especially from a guy playing behind a limited offensive line.

We saw a different game then. He hesitated to throw it and it was under thrown. We can agree to disagree.

Did anyone actually see what Clark did?

Or are people just assuming the refs made the right call?

Kudos to Dan Villari.

He didn’t good job today.

He’s only going to improve at this position.
I thought I saw Villari out there today. Glad to hear it. The guy has some potential talent for us at TE. He was my surprise performance pick in another thread. Hopefully he makes some strides and gets worked into the offense as TE next year.

What’s up with bowl games. We hope for one all year and when it arrives it’s a cluster of transfers , declaring for draft, (I get it) but it’s not close to the team in September also with injuries. I’ve had a few tonight and feeling sorry for myself as a SU football and hoops fan. Somebody walk me back from the ledge (not serious).

Defense played well.

Allen broke some tackles which I didn’t see him do earlier this year. He’s getting physically stronger. Big positive and bodes well going forward.

Penalties were mostly cleaned up.

A lot to like.

O Line and WR remain major concerns.

Shrader is basically our new Dungey (NOT saying he is as good). We will get some WOW he that, it’s amazing!!!
We will get some okay
We will also get some stuff where he will earn the nickname F***ing Shrader
He still gives us the best chance to win

Gotta love what we saw from Allen. But at his size can he handle more than 15 carries a game over the course of 12 games? And how in the heck did we not run it more this year with Tucker and Allen? Instead we tried to throw it with a banged up QB, poor pass blocking OL, and one WR.

Huh? That DB caught that chest high on the run and GS absolutely let it fly to Gadsden post snap. Also the DB caught the ball moving. GS on a sloppy field started from a full stop to chase him. I mean yeah would have been nice to have gotten the guy but it wasn't exactly a dry flat track he was running on to chase the guy . Listen again fair criticism is one thing. some fans get emotionally butt hurt and blame everything on the guy. The same guy who led us to 6 and 0 and was a crappy no call and twisted ankle from beating Clemson at Clemson. Sometimes people want perfection and you’re not going to get that in college football. Especially from a guy playing behind a limited offensive line.
The boundary safety was in buzz coverage and under cut the route. It was a quick game throw which is normally 3 secs. That’s when he released it. Shrader didn’t hesitate but he shouldn’t have thrown it. Should have saw the buzz defender. If anything throw it outside shoulder and high.

Defense played well.

Allen broke some tackles which I didn’t see him do earlier this year. He’s getting physically stronger. Big positive and bodes well going forward.

Penalties were mostly cleaned up.

A lot to like.

O Line and WR remain major concerns.
Did look strong out there today

The attendance with a "local" team was 31,131 which is the smallest non covid game, being 5,764 less than the 2nd smallest. Does the game go away with the poor attendance, plus the cold weather, plus the crappy field?
Last years attendance was 29k tho guess you’re calling that the covid one. Games will be played if they draw a tv crowd. In game matters less. Tv drives the decision making.

I think Shrader is the least of our worries next year. He’s a gamer and will keep getting better. No learning curve with the offense and is a leader. Too much negative about the kid. He threw for over 300 yards and ran for two touchdowns today. I’ll take that every game. Remember, the other teams defenses are also being coached. They are going to stop teams too and cause mistakes.

Pushes him to vastly improve his entire arm motion?
He throws like a WR. I’ve never bought into him being a real QB. And today once again proved it.
He's a good running QB and his running has to be accounted for. He's an adequate passer. He's the type of QB who can succeed at SYR. A pure pocket passer will not work here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom