Mintz to NBA Draft | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Mintz to NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated 2024-01-26 (nbadraft.net Big Board)

arrow_red.gif
Judah-Mintz-1.png
JudahMintz
6-4185SGSyracuseSo.

I think defense maybe the biggest issue he needs to work on as well as playmaking. At his size in the NBA he needs to be making other players better somehow. Or he needs to be lockdown defender. That said, he will easily play professionally overseas.

Not Judah, but scouts are taking notice of Maliq…

Could he be a Draymond Green type: an under-sized center who makes up for it with his versatility?

Is that better than being a poor man’s Norman Rockwell?
Honestly, he probably has a brighter future as an artist than as a basketball player. And I’ve never seen him draw or paint.

Honestly, he probably has a brighter future as an artist than as a basketball player. And I’ve never seen him draw or paint.
Alright, our fan base is getting wild on Judah lol. He's not Melo but come on. He's better than most of the talent we've had here during our downswing. He'll make lots of money playing professional basketball. Hopefully he can eventually make the NBA, but, if it ultimately doesn't work out, he'll make great money at a high level program overseas.

Alright, our fan base is getting wild on Judah lol. He's not Melo but come on. He's better than most of the talent we've had here during our downswing. He'll make lots of money playing professional basketball. Hopefully he can eventually make the NBA, but, if it ultimately doesn't work out, he'll make great money at a high level program overseas.
Other than get to the free throw line, what does he do well?

I agree he’ll play overseas.

He's the only player who can create and score on his own, except for sometimes Copeland and JJ. Take him off this team and Red would be drawing Kenny Payne comparisons.
He doesn’t do that well, though. He’s an inefficient player.

Probably the worst draft site out there yearly.
where there's smoke, there's fire.
Don't have to be right on top of the inferno.

This is one data point for someone who was 2nd round creeping up and now the floor has shattered.

I still like a junior backcourt of Judah and Starling next season, but both need to make real improvements. I think they'll come. Our big issue is in the frontcourt. Big questions at the center spot and small forward. Chance and/or Q could play some SF (as well as both guard spots) and make a real leap. But I think we go after a legit SF like TJ Power.

I think Chris Bell is better suited as a sparkplug off the bench. He just doesn't impact the game enough beyond shooting to justify his playing time, and I don't know if he'd accept an off-the-bench role next season.

I still like a junior backcourt of Judah and Starling next season, but both need to make real improvements. I think they'll come. Our big issue is in the frontcourt. Big questions at the center spot and small forward. Chance and/or Q could play some SF (as well as both guard spots) and make a real leap. But I think we go after a legit SF like TJ Power.

I think Chris Bell is better suited as a sparkplug off the bench. He just doesn't impact the game enough beyond shooting to justify his playing time, and I don't know if he'd accept an off-the-bench role next season.
Yup we could do a lot worse!!! We know Judah is capable of being a playmaker as we’ve seen it. Assume he can work on defense and shooting. JJ is about the same. Bell is showing signs of becoming a more complete player lately and hopefully that can continue.

A lot of our issues are due in part at least to maturity. We have young players without a seasoned vet to teach them how to play.

He doesn’t do that well, though. He’s an inefficient player.

He is the 73rd overall best player available by Givony (source)
He is the 18th best PG available by Givony (source)

And for reference for general first round mocks:
Givony (Feb 10)
KOC at the Ringer (Jan 24)

Judah has a huge hill to climb.

[Edit: The Feb 10 Givony is top 25 prospects, not a mock. The Ringer link is a mock.]

Last edited:
Does anyone know what he is making here? He's not going to the league so it will be interesting to see how many NIL suitors he has and at what price.

If Wake’s Hunter Sallis is a projected 2nd round pick, then Judah has to be worried about not getting drafted. There isn’t one thing Judah does better than him, and last night against Duke confirmed that. Hunter also routinely hits from 25’ out with a pure stroke.

the NCAAT is a great chance to move up the board (think of MCW)
that's slipping away for judah. he's got to really dial it up starting tonite

Saw a list of likely upcoming portal entries from Trilly Donovan’s discord (subscription) and Judah was on the list. Curious if anyone also heard the same about Judah potentially portaling after the season.

Edit: I guess this list is more so players who will demand more NIL or else they will look to transfer

Last edited:
Saw a list of likely upcoming portal entries from Trilly Donovan’s discord (subscription) and Judah was on the list. Curious if anyone also heard the same about Judah potentially portaling after the season.

Edit: I guess this list is more so players who will demand more NIL or else they will look to transfer
I’ll probably get criticized for saying this, but I do wonder if Red would be ok going in a different direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom