Misleading Stat of the Game... | Syracusefan.com

Misleading Stat of the Game...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Jesse with only two blocks. Before I looked at the box I would have guessed at least five. I wish they kept a shot altered stat. He probably had between 5 and 10 of those.

Jesse appears to have made a huge year over year leap, but the big question is was yesterday's performance a relative anomaly or can he be counted on for 10 to 15 a game forward going ????

Overall, team's O was very good except I was not impressed on how we handled the press. Even when we get the ball past half court we are losing too much time off the shot clock and there were only a couple of times when we were able to break and push and make them pay. Overall slapping on the press was a big plus for them.

I'd say right now, we don't know. But I think the team needs to make more of a concerted effort to get Jesse the ball, because he can finish. Love when they set him up with lobs, because he has terrific body control when he catches the ball.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect 10 ppg. He is more than capable. That's only two baskets and a free throw or two each half. Would love to see him be more active on the offensive boards, where he can get put backs / tip ins without having plays run for him.

He will have ups and downs as he develops, but if he stays 4 years, he will be an NBA roster guy.

Jesse with only two blocks. Before I looked at the box I would have guessed at least five. I wish they kept a shot altered stat. He probably had between 5 and 10 of those.

Jesse appears to have made a huge year over year leap, but the big question is was yesterday's performance a relative anomaly or can he be counted on for 10 to 15 a game forward going ????

Overall, team's O was very good except I was not impressed on how we handled the press. Even when we get the ball past half court we are losing too much time off the shot clock and there were only a couple of times when we were able to break and push and make them pay. Overall slapping on the press was a big plus for them.

Jesse has made enormous improvements. One area where could still improve is his hands. He's dexterous shooting the ball. He has nice feel for that. But when he's grabbing for rebounds, a surprising number still go through his hands. More game time will probably improve that, too.

Jesse has made enormous improvements. One area where could still improve is his hands. He's dexterous shooting the ball. He has nice feel for that. But when he's grabbing for rebounds, a surprising number still go through his hands. More game time will probably improve that, too.
In my opinion had he been given more time last year , he’d have been doing this the entire second half of the season.. because he showed tons of flashes last season as well . But you can’t really afford to lose the incredible D marek provided at the 5 so I see why he sat

He will have ups and downs as he develops, but if he stays 4 years, he will be an NBA roster guy.
Does he have two or 1 more year of eligibility after this year ?

Does he have two or 1 more year of eligibility after this year ?

I think he's currently a junior. I guess he could get a free "Covid Year" of eligibility, right?

I guess it depends on whether he wants to stay in the States and try for the NBA or not.

He seems like a very smart, sophisticated young man. He might make next year his last.

Jessie should stay out of foul trouble, just nothing stupid. I could see 13-14 ppg.

I think he's currently a junior. I guess he could get a free "Covid Year" of eligibility, right?

I guess it depends on whether he wants to stay in the States and try for the NBA or not.

He seems like a very smart, sophisticated young man. He might make next year his last.
After this year he has 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom