Mitch Kimble QB? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mitch Kimble QB?

He has good feet good vision but his delivery is baseball like. wish we could have kept za
or would just rather have them pocket the Schollie for next year

or would just rather have them pocket the Schollie for next year

That's not going to happen. Schools don't pocket scholies in football if they don't have to. I see a little Jordan Lynch in Kimble and worst comes to worst, he's clearly athletic enough to move to another position. Athletic, playmaking QBs are great choices to fill out a recruiting class, even if QB doesn't work out (see Kevin Johnson, Jason Poles, Phil Nash, Joe Fields, etc.).

He has good feet good vision but his delivery is baseball like. wish we could have kept za
There are a number of QBs in the FBS (Bray) and even the NFL (Rivers) with odd throwing motions, and it doesn't matter. Bernie Kosar did just fine side arming it for an NFL career. I think he has a great overhand motion and quick release. The quick release part being what I like the most about the motion. The last thing I do is screw with the throwing motion the kid is most comfortable with.

The reasons I liked Allen is that he did well under pressure. I think Kimble doesn't have time to sit there and go through his progressions. He can throw on the run with accuracy and arm strength and can turn a broken play into positive yards with his legs. You can even use his legs as a weapon. In fact, the thing I like best is his competitiveness. He seems to always be fighting for the extra yards.

Its fine to go where your staff has relationships. But the core of your recruiting has to be in a 6 hour radius. Every coach will tell you that and every SU coach going back to Mac has said that including Marrone. We need a NE recruiter and it can't be the HC. You can't change recruiting areas every few years as coaches come and go. You have to be strong in your core area because your location never changes and you can always sell kids and parents on being able to see them play at home.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Yes, Yes and yes. Hopefully that may be why the last couple of staff positions are taking some time to fill.

Yes, Yes and yes. Hopefully that may be why the last couple of staff positions are taking some time to fill.

It has already been said that Rob Moore will be the NYC and Northeast recruiter.

Kimble visited this weekend. There is a story up on S***t if anyone would like to share.

It has already been said that Rob Moore will be the NYC and Northeast recruiter.
thats kinda scary...Rob was regarded as a good coach but so-so recruiter and why wouldnt we have multiple Northeast recruiters. I hope that he isnt "the" Northeast recruiter

thats kinda scary...Rob was regarded as a good coach but so-so recruiter and why wouldnt we have multiple Northeast recruiters. I hope that he isnt "the" Northeast recruiter
let's just hope history doesn't repeat itself. I don't think we can depend on getting the core of our classes from Florida or any other place then the northeast/mid Atlantic . We have never and will never consistently get the great players from those areas . I hope I'm wrong, but I was hoping for a staff with similar roots as the one that just get poached .

Seems like the receivers have to come back to the ball on every throw.

Seems that the staff kept an eye on him for some time and Kimble unknowing of that had been doing the same with SU. He was very impressed with our trouncing of Louisville and our interest has him excited.

Mitch seems like a poor mans Zach Allen. And I say that because he looks to have the same skill set as ZA but after watching his highlight it like he is leaps and bounds more athletic than anyone his is playing against. I hope we get him though could be a very exciting QB for us very soon. Looks like the coaches told him he will get the chance to play early on during his visit.

Mitch seems like a poor mans Zach Allen. And I say that because he looks to have the same skill set as ZA but after watching his highlight it like he is leaps and bounds more athletic than anyone his is playing against. I hope we get him though could be a very exciting QB for us very soon. Looks like the coaches told him he will get the chance to play early on during his visit.

Just to clarify: In comparing MK to ZA, is MK a superior athlete playing against good competition, or just a good athlete playing against inferior competition? I'm guessing the latter since ZA played in Texas. (I don't consider myself a good evaluator of football talent based on highlight tapes, so I am curious about what you saw!)

Just to clarify: In comparing MK to ZA, is MK a superior athlete playing against good competition, or just a good athlete playing against inferior competition? I'm guessing the latter since ZA played in Texas. (I don't consider myself a good evaluator of football talent based on highlight tapes, so I am curious about what you saw!)

Either way, he hasn't reached his ceiling yet. No?

I was trying to get a feel whether he was a big fish in a little pond, in which case upside might be in question. But if he is "leaps and bounds more athletic" than high quality competition, then I am more encouraged about what he brings to the table. (Sorry for the cliches!)

I was trying to get a feel whether he was a big fish in a little pond, in which case upside might be in question. But if he is "leaps and bounds more athletic" than high quality competition, then I am more encouraged about what he brings to the table. (Sorry for the cliches!)
Yeah, that's the hard thing about watching highlight tapes. Usually just the good stuff, without the warts. One thing about ZA, there were entire games out there to watch over the course of the season, so you were really able to get a good idea of his abilities.

Kimble visited this weekend. There is a story up on S***t if anyone would like to share.
Why not subscribe to that site ? I do and its great. It has no rival.:cool:

I think calling him a superior athlete is goin to far but I do think he is a very good athlete that is most definitely competing against sup par talent. I feel as though if you put him in the same situation as ZA he would perform about the same and vise-verse. Some of Mitch's runs are really athletic savvy runs that go for 15-20 yards but if he was running against Texas defenses they would most likely be decent 6-10 yard gains which you see if you watch ZA's tape. Put a kid like Mitch in Florida or Texas and hes got at least three stars and a few BCS offers. So yes in my opinion I think he has a high ceiling and I think is our best option of QB's we have offered. (except O'korn that kid looked good, too bad hes staying with Houston)

Steve Williams@Steve_PackPride
QB Mitch Kimble had a great visit to NC State this weekend and says he will decide between State and Syracuse within the next 24 hours

dont like that he is deciding right after his nc state visit

syracuse education is>>>>>>>>> over n.c.st.

4 years vs. the next 40

He is going to have to decide after a visit somewhere, isn't he ? Might as well be NC State. If it were Clemson of Fl State I would be much more worried.

Says a lot for our current staff, and the chemistry this team has. Obviously NC ST had a huge advantage since the HC, and part of the staff is the one that recruited him at NIU. To get him to chose us over NC ST imo is a huge accomplishment, and speaks volume. It seems if we can get these kids on campus our chances of them committing increase exponentially. just look at that big group from Dec. I believe 9 out of 10 were committed, or were going to commit at one times (all except Ebo). Every kid that visits the first thing they say is how much of a family atmosphere we have. Shows we have some high character guys on this current roster, and gives you a little peak as how we were continually able to pull games out in the 4th qtr.

People need to freaking relax. They are working ad hoc the last couple of weeks. After signing day they can work out areas.

Rob Moore is now in his what 3rd/4th season of doing this just maybe he's gotten better at it, just like most people who are dropped into a job cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom