Mitch Kimble QB? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mitch Kimble QB?

Liked Kimble a lot. Pretty sophisticated HS offense. A run/pass threat, and he doesn't hesitate to run, but it's always within the context of the offense. Appears to have been well-coached.
Could definitely see him starting here at some point. Excellent pick-up this late in the game.

Interesting that we are looking for only someone with a good arm and we find Kimble. (Remember Kimble was looking for someone who only had one good arm). :)
images

I was thinking of this one.

When I was in school, there was this guy that would walk down the dorm hall and yell "I didn't kill my wife!" all the time. Was pretty randomly funny.

Just watched a bit of his senior list video and my first impression is he can run, I'd like to know his 40 time, secondly he can pass in pocket and of the run. I only watched 3 minutes of it but I would like to see a deep ball.

Also they have him listed at 6'3 195...Id like to see him pack on a little more weight. When Nassib came out he was listed at 6'2 220, so MK has some time to pack on 15 pounds maybe. Hopefully he could keep the speed.

Just watched a bit of his senior list video and my first impression is he can run, I'd like to know his 40 time, secondly he can pass in pocket and of the run. I only watched 3 minutes of it but I would like to see a deep ball.

Also they have him listed at 6'3 195...Id like to see him pack on a little more weight. When Nassib came out he was listed at 6'2 220, so MK has some time to pack on 15 pounds maybe. Hopefully he could keep the speed.

I watched his 10 min video and was as impressed with it as I was with Zach Allen's. He actually seems to me to be a more accurate passer and a better runner. A more impressive athlete all around.

I watched his 10 min video and was as impressed with it as I was with Zach Allen's. He actually seems to me to be a more accurate passer and a better runner. A more impressive athlete all around.
That's another thing I noticed too, accuracy, he was putting the ball on the money. I think one throw may have been under thrown a bit, but overall accuracy looked good.

I was impressed by his senior highlights. Runs well, makes quick decisions, appears to throw the ball very accurately. Needs to get stronger, needs to improve his arm strength. But the potential is there, a couple of years down the road.

He played in a small schools division for a really bad program. They lost the first 6 games of Mitch's junior season before ending the season winning 2 of 3, then won their first 6 in his senior season, largely as a result of Kimble's stellar play. It is a story not unlike with Allen did with his Temple HS team (though they never enjoyed the success Jerseyville did Mitch's senior season.

The big difference between these players is the level of competition they faced. Small school rural Illinois football is not very competitive. It is going to take Mitch some time to make the adjustment to BCS call. But like Zack, Mitch is an excellent student and he should be up for the task.

Story on Mitch and the Jerseyville Turnaround

Syracusefan.com Bio with video links

I was impressed by his senior highlights. Runs well, makes quick decisions, appears to throw the ball very accurately. Needs to get stronger, needs to improve his arm strength. But the potential is there, a couple of years down the road.

He played in a small schools division for a really bad program. They lost the first 6 games of Mitch's junior season before ending the season winning 2 of 3, then won their first 6 in his senior season, largely as a result of Kimble's stellar play. It is a story not unlike with Allen did with his Temple HS team (though they never enjoyed the success Jerseyville did Mitch's senior season.

The big difference between these players is the level of competition they faced. Small school rural Illinois football is not very competitive. It is going to take Mitch some time to make the adjustment to BCS call. But like Zack, Mitch is an excellent student and he should be up for the task.

looks like he has a younger brother who had 17 receptions for 292 yards as a soph. not bad numbers

Says a lot for our current staff, and the chemistry this team has. Obviously NC ST had a huge advantage since the HC, and part of the staff is the one that recruited him at NIU. To get him to chose us over NC ST imo is a huge accomplishment, and speaks volume. It seems if we can get these kids on campus our chances of them committing increase exponentially. just look at that big group from Dec. I believe 9 out of 10 were committed, or were going to commit at one times (all except Ebo). Every kid that visits the first thing they say is how much of a family atmosphere we have. Shows we have some high character guys on this current roster, and gives you a little peak as how we were continually able to pull games out in the 4th qtr.

I agree w/ this-I think (and have said this in the past) Marrone's biggest failure was not getting enough kids on the campus. We need to get recruits on campus early and often.

I agree w/ this-I think (and have said this in the past) Marrone's biggest failure was not getting enough kids on the campus. We need to get recruits on campus early and often.

I know it's close to LOI signing day, but I really hope they are planning a Junior Day for Feb 23. I'm thinking that 34,000 greeting the Hoyas in their final visit to the Dome would be impressive to most kids.

Considering the lower level of competition, there's two things that i see that Kimble does better than Allen. One is he is a better runner. Not saying Zach cant run because he is a good runner but I think Kimble is better. The other is his ability to throw on the run. I like the zip on his ball while he is running, thats hard to do.

With our weapons coming in at receiver and already here at receiver and tight end, I love the image of him on planned roll outs, especially off of play action...ooooohhhhh, the possibilities are just nasty!

Considering the lower level of competition, there's two things that i see that Kimble does better than Allen. One is he is a better runner. Not saying Zach cant run because he is a good runner but I think Kimble is better. The other is his ability to throw on the run. I like the zip on his ball while he is running, thats hard to do.

I got to disagree. Zach Allen runs the ball really well.

I was thinking of this one.

When I was in school, there was this guy that would walk down the dorm hall and yell "I didn't kill my wife!" all the time. Was pretty randomly funny.

This is the Fugitive I grew up with. I had my choice of one show a week and I picked this one.

Just watched a bit of his senior list video and my first impression is he can run, I'd like to know his 40 time,

quote]

Niko on his report tonight said Kimble runs a 4.6...40

Any time someone invokes the "small School" level of competition argument, the first name that comes to mind for me is Mike Hart. Played in the lowest level in NY HS FB and went on to be Michigan's all time leading career rusher.

Every kid that goes from HS to college needs to improve on something and adjust to make the leap to the increased level of play.

I got to disagree. Zach Allen runs the ball really well.
Nashon If you read my post I mentioned Zach as a good runner, I am well aware that he rushed for a good amount of yards threw the years. Ive been coaching RB's for along time. Most of allen's yards came off zone reads where he is running outside the tackles. Alot of Kimble's yards came off tackle, draws, pulling lineman (power sets). Kimble has more tackle breaking ability, he knows when to lower his shoulders and run through a tackle, he knows when to run around or pass a defender. He make great cuts with out losing his speed and run away from defenders. He shows more wiggle than Allen. I think his running style can be affective in the college game. I dont think allen's running style is capable of being consistent enough. He will be more prone to injury. The NIU and NcState staff saw a lot of Jordan Lynch in him thats why he was pursued so hard by them. IMO

It appears that the coaches really want a dual type guy to run our offense. As good as Ryan was he was not a big play running threat. Kimble can throw accurately on the run and has some quick moves. Guys like this can add a dimension.

Nashon I you read my post I mentioned Zach as a good runner, I am well aware that he rushed for a good amount of yards threw the years. Ive been coaching RB's for along time. Most of allen's yards came off zone reads where he is running outside the tackles. Alot of Kimble's yards came off tackle, draws, pulling lineman (power sets). Kimble has more tackle breaking ability, he knows when to lower his shoulders and run through a tackle, he knows when to run around or pass a defender. He make great cuts with out losing his speed and run away from defenders. He shows more wiggle than Allen. I think his running style can be affective in the college game. I dont think allen's running style is capable of being consistent enough. He will be more prone to injury. The NIU and NcState staff saw a lot of Jordan Lynch in him thats why he was pursued so hard by them. IMO

I agree with you. The difference between the running styles of ZA and MK is MK runs like a running back not just a QB who can run. MK looks to just know how to run in the open field always finding a good lane or cutback gap. Very savvy smart runner.

Any time someone invokes the "small School" level of competition argument, the first name that comes to mind for me is Mike Hart. Played in the lowest level in NY HS FB and went on to be Michigan's all time leading career rusher.

Every kid that goes from HS to college needs to improve on something and adjust to make the leap to the increased level of play.
Several people in this community and the local HS football ranks said Hart would never make it in D1.

Too slow, too small, played against lousy comp, etc.

However, one local HS guru said, it's what a kid does when the football is in his hands, you can throw out the rest of that stuff.

Turns out he was right, the rest were wrong.

Liked Kimble a lot. Pretty sophisticated HS offense. A run/pass threat, and he doesn't hesitate to run, but it's always within the context of the offense. Appears to have been well-coached.
Could definitely see him starting here at some point. Excellent pick-up this late in the game.

Watch him get a boost in his final rating!

He make great cuts with out losing his speed and run away from defenders. He shows more wiggle than Allen. I think his running style can be affective in the college game. I dont think allen's running style is capable of being consistent enough. He will be more prone to injury. The NIU and NcState staff saw a lot of Jordan Lynch in him thats why he was pursued so hard by them. IMO

Exactly. Kimble cuts like a shifty RB. I didn't see that in Allen and never saw the running QB potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom