MLAX 2021 Schedule is out | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

MLAX 2021 Schedule is out

Or NC State, or Louisville ...
Courtesy of their STEM programs, NC State and both Techs are in the best position Title IX wise, requiring less juggling (not "no juggling", but "less juggling"). Both NC State and VA Tech had men's teams and dropped them (VA Tech right after we beat them 27-0 :)). Lacrosse is a high school championship sport for both boys and girls in Georgia. There were rumors floating around a couple of years ago about Pitt possibly wanting to start a team. Ideally, at least two new teams come in so that the new guys are playing for 6th and not ending up 6th, since it will be a while before one of them challenges for 5th or better.

Courtesy of their STEM programs, NC State and both Techs are in the best position Title IX wise, requiring less juggling (not "no juggling", but "less juggling"). Both NC State and VA Tech had men's teams and dropped them (VA Tech right after we beat them 27-0 :)). Lacrosse is a high school championship sport for both boys and girls in Georgia. There were rumors floating around a couple of years ago about Pitt possibly wanting to start a team. Ideally, at least two new teams come in so that the new guys are playing for 6th and not ending up 6th, since it will be a while before one of them challenges for 5th or better.
I’d love to see my OrangeMen play at GA Tech regularly, but I just don’t see that happening. They do have a club team. We’ll see how many post-COVID years it will take before schools add sports.

I just want to see a real conference tournament for which we need one more team.

I’d love to see my OrangeMen play at GA Tech regularly, but I just don’t see that happening. They do have a club team. We’ll see how many post-COVID years it will take before schools add sports.

I just want to see a real conference tournament for which we need one more team.
It would be real in the sense that the winner would get the AQ that the ACC would have re-earned. I still think only the top 4 would be playing for the AQ rather than the whole conference.

I'm not holding my breath about GA Tech either, even though their club team fairly consistently is a national contender in the MCLA.

3rd most difficult schedule, of course it is.

It was one thing to schedule like that when you were running out an all star team, but talent is spreading out now, why do that to yourself.

Albany will visit the Dome on April 8, with a 7 p.m. Friday night faceoff scheduled.

Is this Thurs April 8, or Friday April 9?

3rd most difficult schedule, of course it is.

It was one thing to schedule like that when you were running out an all star team, but talent is spreading out now, why do that to yourself.
By far the main reason it is third most difficult is the 6 ACC games, which are completely unavoidable. In fact we actually put in some games out of conference games that are a good deal easier than they usually are. Cornell Rutgers and Hopkins replaced by much easier games against Utah Hofstra and Vermont. It could have been a good deal more difficult actually if there were more of our standard out of conference games on there.

Going to miss the games against Hopkins/Cornell but it's cool to see some new blood on there too. Not sure how decisions were made, particularly with Covid but kind of surprised they didn't play one of SB or Hofstra away? Also wonder if they're going to do a home/home with Utah? Think it would be pretty cool for lacrosse if Syracuse made the trip out there to play.

Going to miss the games against Hopkins/Cornell but it's cool to see some new blood on there too. Not sure how decisions were made, particularly with Covid but kind of surprised they didn't play one of SB or Hofstra away? Also wonder if they're going to do a home/home with Utah? Think it would be pretty cool for lacrosse if Syracuse made the trip out there to play.

Who wants to play outside in March when we have a nice roof over our heads.

Our last Western trip was 2005 against Georgetown at an event in LA. We never played at Denver, so I wouldn't expect to see a road trip to SLC.

Who wants to play outside in March when we have a nice roof over our heads.

Our last Western trip was 2005 against Georgetown at an event in LA. We never played at Denver, so I wouldn't expect to see a road trip to SLC.

It has been a while but SU did play at Denver in 2002, playing DU and Air Force back to back. Still don't really see Utah staying on the schedule past this year, but it would be nice to see SU play further west more often. Would think it would benefit recruiting to be seen by kids in non-hot bed areas, especially since the Orange are getting more and more kids from out west.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom