03/27 - @Duke - 1pm
04/03 - Notre Dame - 1pm
04/09 - Albany - TBD
04/17 - UNC - 1pm
04/24 - @Virginia - 1pm
05/01 - @Notre Dame - TBD
05/08 - Utah - 1pm

No Hobart!?

Also posted as its own thread, but here you go...

Full schedule:
02/21 - Army - 1pm
02/27 - Virginia - 1pm
03/06 - Vermont - 1pm
03/13 - Stony Brook - 1pm
03/20 - Hofstra - 1pm
03/27 - @Duke - 1pm
04/03 - Notre Dame - 1pm
04/09 - Albany - TBD
04/17 - UNC - 1pm
04/24 - @Virginia - 1pm
05/01 - @Notre Dame - TBD
05/08 - Utah - 1pm

What's a Utah?

We dodged a bullet not getting UNC or Duke twice. Even with the Aitken news I still think this is the easiest possible outcome for an acc schedule.

No Cornell, Rutgers, Hobart, or Hopkins. Cornell hurts the most since they would be a SOS/resume booster and they are just down the road, not to mention the traditional rivalry.

Losing those names creates a seemingly huge gap between our difficult games and our easy ones. Cornell would be a challenge, but Hobart, Rutgers, and Hopkins would be our more dangerous middle of the pack type games that we should win, but would also boost the resume if we do. Now pretty much Army and Albany are the only ones in that category while the rest of the out of conference games could be considered "cupcakes."

We dodged a bullet not getting UNC or Duke twice. Even with the Aitken news I still think this is the easiest possible outcome for an acc schedule.

No Cornell, Rutgers, Hobart, or Hopkins. Cornell hurts the most since they would be a SOS/resume booster and they are just down the road, not to mention the traditional rivalry.

Losing those names creates a seemingly huge gap between our difficult games and our easy ones. Cornell would be a challenge, but Hobart, Rutgers, and Hopkins would be our more dangerous middle of the pack type games that we should win, but would also boost the resume if we do. Now pretty much Army and Albany are the only ones in that category while the rest of the out of conference games could be considered "cupcakes."

Not sure the Ivy's are even playing, and the Big Ten and NEC may not be playing non-conf games this year.

Thanks for sharing! Are there really only 3 road games scheduled? That would certainly be interesting (and presumably a pretty big advantage). Are all the games at 1pm or is that just a placeholder? Feels like the answer to this is no, but are there any scrimmages scheduled?

Random Thoughts -

-If first game isn't until 2/21 and practice doesn't start till next week, that gives them roughly a month of practice before the first game, which is pretty standard.

-Lots of new names but a strong schedule nonetheless. They've basically subbed out Binghamton, Colgate, Cornel, Hopkins, Hobart and Rutgers with Vermont, Stony Brook, Hofstra Utah and extra games against Notre Dame and Virginia.

-Seems like a pretty even trade all things considered (UVA for Cornell, Notre Dame for Rutgers, UVM/Stony Brook/Hofstra for Hopkins/Hobart/Colgate and Utah for Binghamton. In many ways the new opponents are tougher than the last years. Maybe Hopkins is better than those three new teams, but I think the newbies are better than Hobart or Colgate, so I might give edge to the new teams.

-Disagree with Doctah that they are cupcakes. I think UVM,Stony Brook and Hofstra are very solid and Cuse has been known to lose to teams like that if they don't bring their "A" game. Utah has a lot of issues but think they'll be a better matchup than Binghamton which was an automatic 20 goal game most years for the Orange.

-SU has gotten the chance to ease into their schedule the last few years, that will not be the case this year with Army followed by UVA to open things up. Last time they played a ranked team to open the season was the infamous Lyle Thompson game against Albany in 2013 when they lost. Hopefully the Orange won't have to deal with any suspensions/set backs.

-If you had to pick two ACC teams to play twice, I'd pick ND and UVA but there's no easy rest with those two, especially with Aitkin coming back. Dodging Duke is huge.

-Stinks to lose the Kraus-Simmons trophy, has to be the first time in many years that game isn't played.

One game a week for 12 weeks, all Saturdays or Sundays except for Albany on a Friday.

Thanks for sharing! Are there really only 3 road games scheduled? That would certainly be interesting (and presumably a pretty big advantage). Are all the games at 1pm or is that just a placeholder? Feels like the answer to this is no, but are there any scrimmages scheduled?
Guessing 1 PM is a default.

Stony Brook is no cupcake and neither are Vermont and Hofstra SB beat Rutgers and Brown (who beat uva) last year. Vermont has played us close in past scrimmages and has several good Canadian talents. They beat Albany in their last meeting . Hofstra is feisty LI team with a few top tier talents .They and SB received votes for top twenty. Remember Colgate 2019? If Cuse is complacent in these games played in a empty Carrier Dome then they have a real chance of being upset.

As far as ACC, pick your poison. UVA is defending champ and ND is underrated after their multiple "acquisitions" that filled their holes. Gallagher is likely the best fogo in ACC and York complements and upgrades their attack. UVA Moore can be in the same conversation of top five attackamn with Sowers and Gray and UVA is loaded across the board.

ACC will be a beech even for Duke

Every ACC game will be a battle but if I have to play two teams twice and there's a gun to my head I'm picking ND and UVA as the two preferred opponents.

9 out of 12 games at home...that's quite an advantage. The new non-conference schedule looks like mostly a wash, maybe a slight downgrade from previous years but given the circumstances they did a decent job with it.

I would not 100% count out games with Hopkins or Rutgers as there may still be a chance to add them to the slate later if the Big Ten figures out how to do non-conference games in a way that meets their stringent testing protocols. Wouldn't bet on it, but also wouldn't write it off completely.

I would not 100% count out games with Hopkins or Rutgers as there may still be a chance to add them to the slate later if the Big Ten figures out how to do non-conference games in a way that meets their stringent testing protocols. Wouldn't bet on it, but also wouldn't write it off completely.

B1G tests 6x a week. ACC tests 3x a week.

Stony Brook is no cupcake and neither are Vermont and Hofstra SB beat Rutgers and Brown (who beat uva) last year. Vermont has played us close in past scrimmages and has several good Canadian talents. They beat Albany in their last meeting . Hofstra is feisty LI team with a few top tier talents .They and SB received votes for top twenty. Remember Colgate 2019? If Cuse is complacent in these games played in a empty Carrier Dome then they have a real chance of being upset.
Certainly agree on the potential to get complacent, especially in the early going when we have often come out flat. Cupcake is being used as a relative term there. Stony Brook and Hofstra both did pretty well last year and have had their moments in recent years, but they are waaay less of a threat than any of the ACC teams we will face. I would also rather play them than Rutgers or Hopkins.

Only way a JHU or Rutgers gets added is if a schedule opponent drops a weekend game or Cuse is willing to play a inter week game since every weekend is booked thru 5/8 and believe NCAA 1st rd is held the following week.

Only mid week game that I could see possibly added would be to accommodate Cornell if their admin/conference gave their program a late go- ahead since they'd need games and Coach D might feel somewhat obliged to help a fellow local power

ACC should consider adding Utah as it’s 6th member for lacrosse.
One road trip every 2 years.
It would help them get crowds and help the ACC get an auto bid.

B1G tests 6x a week. ACC tests 3x a week.

Indeed, but from what I've heard Big Ten coaches are hoping there will be some wiggle room there: Either they could loosen the protocol once or twice specifically for out-of-conferences games or they could get these teams to increase their testing for one week in order to play. Again, very well may not happen, but word is it's still being worked out and not out of the realm of possibility Big Ten games get added later for some teams, even if it's not in the cards for Syracuse.

Arms race in ACC, conference loaded with firepower

n UVA has plenty even with Krauss moving on

att
Moore, Laviano, Betrand, Dickson, Shellenbergern

mid
Aiken, Cormier, Conner, Quinn, Bienkowski, Garno

Arms race in ACC, conference loaded with firepower

n UVA has plenty even with Krauss moving on

att
Moore, Laviano, Betrand, Dickson, Shellenbergern

mid
Aiken, Cormier, Conner, Quinn, Bienkowski, Garno
The return of Cade Saustad is a major problem as well

Not sure the Ivy's are even playing, and the Big Ten and NEC may not be playing non-conf games this year.

Latest I have heard was that the IVY was unlikely to play and even if they did, a majority of the elite players have withdrawn. Its a lost year for the IVY, Ierlan should have transferred.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom