MLB offseason talk | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

MLB offseason talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ump was a joke for being inconsistent.
I wish he ran Pedroia. Brock Holt has more hits than Pedroia in the last 2 postseasons and Holt hasn’t played this postseason.

Yeah, I'm done with Petey at this point. Retire, please.

I didn't see it, but I guess a disagreement over the strike zone?

Just need to keep your cool. Like Judge did last night when he was getting called strikes on pitches at Torreyes' knees.
Yep, and Pedroia totally showed him up big time. It took Farrell a bit to get there too, and the ump respectfully waited for him.

Then after he did his job and told pedroia to 'go, I got this'...pedroia kept crying like a baby. You could sorta see the ump say...tell him to stop!..and when pedroia wouldn't, he ran Farrell.

Last edited:
Yep, and Pedroia totally showed him big time. It took Farrell a bit to get there too, and the ump respectfully waited for him.

Then after he did his job and told pedroia to 'go, I got this'...pedroia kept crying like a baby. You could sorta see the ump say...tell him to stop!..and when pedroia wouldn't, he ran Farrell.

So Pedroia gets struck out looking at a pitch in nearly the same spot as a punch out pitch in the previous at bat, then whines and cries until he gets his manager tossed. Great...

He really should have.

Pedroia crossed the line 2x after his point was made and Farrell was out there to protect him.
Farrell was really arguing about JBJ who had the bat taken out of his hands.

pedroia hit .293 this year with a .369 obp. Plus his defense was great. He shouldn't be hitting at the top of the order. there is no question about that. But he isn't the problem.

Good Lord. I hate Boomer doing games. Shut up!

pedroia hit .293 this year with a .369 obp. Plus his defense was great. He shouldn't be hitting at the top of the order. there is no question about that. But he isn't the problem.
Getting on base when you have power is good. The guy had an OPS of.760.

League average of OPS is .800.

His WAR was 1.5.

Plus his postseason numbers are atrocious.

He shouldn’t be in the top of the lineup he isn’t a guy I want getting an extra at bat.

I know there are two outs there, but huge mistake sending Moreland, he can't run, and the Red Sox are getting a lot of hits.
30th time Boston has been thrown out at the plate this year. 30!
Manager John loves aggression.

It was a standard bare hand play.

Altuve with how he has swung the bat did the Sox a favor trying the bunt.

Nothing is standard with this kid. Lots of people complaining about him being a poor defender, so this one was big.

Nothing is standard with this kid. Lots of people complaining about him being a poor defender, so this one was big.
If the bat improves he could be moved to first.

He has a ton of upside. If the Sox have a late inning lead Marrero should be the defensive replacement at 3b.

Freaking Pedroia is an automatic out who can’t even get the damn ball out of the infield.

Great lineup Manager John.

Wow Houston bringing in Verlander.

If the Sox win that will be stupid.
I have may more confidence against Kuechel in a game 5 over Verlander.

Wow Houston bringing in Verlander.

If the Sox win that will be stupid.
I have may more confidence against Kuechel in a game 5 over Verlander.
None of these guys know how to manage these days.

Sale vs Verlander now. Did they just skip ahead to Game 5 while I was googling who Mike Trout is?

If this goes 5 advantage Boston because Hinch lost his damn mind.

Pomeratz with Price behind vs. Kuechel with McCullers behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom