Monday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Monday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Halloween%20Football.jpg

Coach Marrone's Weekly Lunch At PJ's Pub

Marrone leads unprepared team, outcoached for 3rd time

Syracuse's momentum derailed by costly penalties; Orange ground game limited

Syracuse University football plan to combat Cards' pressure with max protect, deep passes failed

Syracuse offense stalls in loss to Louisville

Syracuse-Louisville Report Card

Recruiting

Sachem’s Dalton Crossan demonstrated all night why he’s considered one of the most-watched athletes in the county, tearing up the turf at the Lindenhurst Middle School for five touchdowns.

Crossan also seemed to be able to strike for a TD from anywhere on the field with slashing turns and a quickness for which the Bulldogs could find no answer.

“They’re an excellent football team, and that #34 (Crossan) is outstanding,” said Head Coach Nick Lombardo after the game.

Crossan rushed for a career-high 285 yards and 5 touchdowns in a 53-28 win over Lindenhurst in Week 8. The victory clinched Sachem's third straight regular season Division I title.
LP

Future Orangeman

Campus Magnet @ Tottenville (Saturday, 7 p.m.)
The landscape has changed dramatically for Tottenville, which will have to face the future without quarterback Brandon Barnes (torn ACL). Syracuse-bound wide receiver Alvin Cornelius will likely be under center against a very good Campus Magnet team Saturday under the lights. And the Bulldogs have a quarterback of their own, Khalik Greenwood, who has had an all-city caliber year.
NYP

The momentum carried into the third quarter as Barnes completed three of four passes, including a 22-yard dart to receiver Alvin Cornelius on a slant pattern. Cornelius’ PAT run made it 14-0.

Cornelius sealed the win with a 15-yard run around the left side one play after Barnes hurt his right knee on a 40-yard scamper.
SL

Video

Three in a row over Syracuse

Former Players

J. McClain 3 tackles, 1 assist

D Carter 9 rushes 49 yards long of 14

D Freeney 2 assists

No. 64, OT Adam Terry. Was cut by two teams in 2010; currently with his fifth team, the Titans.
TR

Curtis Brinkley: Brinkley to be active on Monday

Around The Big East

Week nine conference call

College Football Power Rankings: Big East

What we learned in the Big East: Week 9

Big East poll reactions, Week 9

Don't count out Louisville to Big 12 just yet

Big East helmet stickers

West Virginia joins Big 12 effective July 1, 2012

WVU's diligent decision

Big East Rewind

NFL

Tebow, you asked for him, you got him

Blogs

R.I. P. Mustacheovich: 2011 - 2011

Big East Football: Bowl Projections for the Conference

BCS Rankings Week 10: West Virginia Only Big East School In Top 25

The “Hershey Hulk” Harold Brantley is Rumbling Toward Syracuse ...

Gotta give the kid from the Daily Orange credit for calling out Marrone (Marrone Leads......). Whether you agree with him or not, at least he has an opinion that doesn't include never taking off his Orange tinted glasses.

Gotta give the kid from the Daily Orange credit for calling out Marrone (Marrone Leads......). Whether you agree with him or not, at least he has an opinion that doesn't include never taking off his Orange tinted glasses.

Agreed, it was a good piece and a lot of valid points in there. we are 5-3 and have played about 7-8 good quarters of football out of 32

I didn't see that as the point of the article. It sounded a little tongue in cheek to me, kind of a sarcastic response to Marrone's claim that the Louisville loss was his fault. Antwon said they fully expected to see pressure but they didn't handle it well.

Was there a scheme that Marrone should have devised to beat the pressure? Maybe, but how do we know if Saturday's scheme wouldn't have worked with better execution?
And the writer believes Marrone's game plan was "fully" responsible for the WVU win.

Bottom line: "It's all my fault" is coach-speak.

I didn't see that as the point of the article. It sounded a little tongue in cheek to me, kind of a sarcastic response to Marrone's claim that the Louisville loss was his fault. Antwon said they fully expected to see pressure but they didn't handle it well. Was there a scheme that Marrone should have devised to beat the pressure? Maybe, but how do we know if Saturday's scheme wouldn't have worked with better execution?

And the writer believes Marrone's game plan was "fully" responsible for the WVU win.

I think marrone is as frustrated with Nassib not connecting down the field as anyone, you beat the press coverage with that or with a qb that can run..

Exactly. It's how a coach deflects criticism from the players. Marrone and his staff didn't uncharacteristically turn the ball over 5 times against RU, or rack up a dozen penalties against UL.

Coaching is about having a winnable game plan and having your team mentally prepared to play. In the end, the players have to execute. I don't know who first said it, but coaches receive too much credit when the team wins and too much of the blame when they lose.

He's a bone-headed moron the likes of which I have rarely read in my life. If you're gonna take off the orange-tinted glasses,at least blame the right people.

You thought that was a well thought out article? That guy doesnt deserve a Newhouse education. Oh, and he's a Uconn fan to boot. Horrible article.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom