Nolan on Sean's injury

Next Opponent

WF Site

Here are some of their practice news & notes

Former Players

1e61fcdf5a1ed5caa80724a2fb8e9766-getty-121096663.jpg

Getty Images
2011-08-13

ST. LOUIS, MO - AUGUST 13: Taj Smith(notes) #10 of the Indianapolis Colts gets past the defense on a 44-yard touchdown reception in the third quarter against the St. Louis Rams during the NFL preseason game at Edward Jones Dome on August 13, 2011 in St. Louis, Missouri. The Rams defeated the Colts 33-10. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

ap-201108132140780107474.jpg

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Taj Smith (center) celebrates his TD with teammates Delone Carter (left) and David Gilreath. / Tom Gannam / AP

Hey, Tony: Do the Browns have any interest in T/G Adam Terry? -- Dennis Bartlett, Queensbury, N.Y.
Hey, Dennis: No.
CPD

Senior quarterback David Legree, who transferred from Syracuse in 2008, said the new locker room is larger than the one he used with the Orange, and he expects the improvements to have an immediate effect.

"Camaraderie. That's the biggest thing," Legree said. "Being able to have fun in the locker room with your teammates and not having to worry about rushing out because it's small. It just builds that team spirit."

Legree's excitement about the new digs spills over into talk about the 2011 season, which kicks off on Sept. 3 against Alabama A&M at Soldier Field in Chicago. Fueling his optimism is the spread offense of new coordinator Willie Snead, hired to spice up an attack that averaged just 17.5 points in 2010.

"You can go three plays for 90 yards or you can go 12 plays for 90 yards," Legree said. "It's a true system. It's not, 'let's jump in this formation and jump to that one.'

" … I love this system and I love what it does for our offense. It helps the offensive line and it helps the skill players. The ball is in their hands fast. It's out of my hands as fast as possible and in their hands, and we have some playmakers."

"Me as a player, my confidence has been through the roof, and as a team, we're feeling good," Legree said. "There hasn't been a time when we've competed with the defense on a consistent basis since I've been here. (Now) every day is a battle with the defense. They'll win three plays in a row, we'll win three plays in a row, and it's back and forth.

"As an offense, we're definitely trying to put up a lot of points. I feel like we have the opportunity to do it this year, more than any other year."
DP

But he got taken out by a cut block on a 16-yard screen pass and was stuffed by FB Tony Fiammetta on a blitz to give QB Jimmy Clausen time to deliver the TD pass to TE Greg Olsen.
SL

Around The Nation

A&M moving? Whatever -- just wake us when the bleeding stops

3-point stance: Will decision deter A&M?

Conference Expansion Articles

Meet The SU Volleyball Team

This was done at FanFest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors