Monday Mind Cakes - Not the real My Take | Syracusefan.com

Monday Mind Cakes - Not the real My Take

Pyle

All Conference
Did you really just open this? Do you really care what I have to say after 20 years of H0T Takes and dumb comments?

Cmon man.

Well you clicked it soo.....

The weather was perfect.

The roundabout is dumb.

$30 for parking at skytop is highway robbery.

If you get a double from the cocktail stand in the dome be prepared to not have any actual mixer.

Syracuse shouldn't call something a sellout when 20% of the dome is empty. I get that technically it was, I also get that calling that a sell out is like losing your virginity to a girl in Canada on summer vacation, even if it happens nobody really believes it.

I think too many are putting too much into this game. So we looked a little flat at times. It was Holy Cross. We can blah blah all day about not underestimating an opponent but let's put it into perspective. This is the equivalent of an NFL pre-season game and we learned about as much about our future as Doc Brown trying to read minds. We probably did a bunch of stuff in trial and error mode. Coaches weren't pulling out Coach Klein's green notebook for this one. Friday will be tough. Let's Go Cuse!

Back-to-the-Future.jpg

all the tickets were sold, so sell out

but these eyes know that about 2k students sat with their families elsewhere and even then, I saw rows with no one in them. The assumption there is a ticket broker in boca raton tried selling them for too much $$, couldn't, and is hoping to make it up elsewhere

I also sold the 2 seats next to me and this is the second time we've done it to never have anyone sit next to us lol. When we sell those seats those are the "just get me in the building" seats

Did you really just open this? Do you really care what I have to say after 20 years of H0T Takes and dumb comments?

Cmon man.

Well you clicked it soo...

The weather was perfect.

The roundabout is dumb.

If you get a double from the cocktail stand in the dome be prepared to not have any actual mixer.

Syracuse shouldn't call something a sellout when 20% of the dome is empty. I get that technically it was, I also get that calling that a sell out is like losing your virginity to a girl in Canada on summer vacation, even if it happens nobody really believes it.

I think too many are putting too much into this game. So we looked a little flat at times. It was Holy Cross. We can blah blah all day about not underestimating an opponent but let's put it into perspective. This is the equivalent of an NFL pre-season game and we learned about as much about our future as Doc Brown trying to read minds. We probably did a bunch of stuff in trial and error mode. Coaches weren't pulling out Coach Klein's green notebook for this one. Friday will be tough. Let's Go Cuse!

View attachment 245403
Click Bait. Just kidding.

I mean that was part of the joke but yeah, I fixed it anyway

I don't think you were really going to get sued. Tomcat doesn't strike me as litigious.

Cmon man.

Well you clicked it soo...

The weather was perfect.

The roundabout is dumb.

View attachment 245403
All the empty seats were... wait for it... STUDENT SECTION. Am I the only one not surprised? So glad they moved STH for all those empty student seats this year.

I don't think you were really going to get sued. Tomcat doesn't strike me as litigious.
Indeed.

I don't own the phrase 'My Take' and everyone should feel free to use it if they like.

Good stuff Pyle. ;)

All the empty seats were... wait for it... STUDENT SECTION. Am I the only one not surprised? So glad they moved STH for all those empty student seats this year.
What did you say the other 3 home games this year when those seats were full?

Problem is they were only full till halftime.

I’m on the opposite side and I pay attention.

My old seats in section 127 don’t get filled till mid 1st quarter and they are usually gone by the end of halftime and my seats sit empty.

I respect the students that show up and glad that they do.

This is more of a complaint against the school for giving SO much up to the students for seats for football. Especially when they lost so many regular seats.

But that fight is long gone and so aren’t my seats. It is what it is

They weren't full. They also haven't stayed for an entire game. Im one section over. I look every game.

Not only were they not full, there is still orange pom poms that they put on the student's seats TWO games ago that are still sitting there.

Problem is they were only full till halftime.

I’m on the opposite side and I pay attention.

My old seats in section 127 don’t get filled till mid 1st quarter and they are usually gone by the end of halftime and my seats sit empty.

I respect the students that show up and glad that they do.

This is more of a complaint against the school for giving SO much up to the students for seats for football. Especially when they lost so many regular seats.

But that fight is long gone and so aren’t my seats. It is what it is
Thats my point as well. They didn't deserve that space.

I was thinking the same thing.
You know, I once sat next to DC at a BET game at MSG. It was one of the games where GMac went off and we won an exciting game late and all the SU fans went nuts. DC and I had seats behind the basket.

When the game ended, the SU players all celebrated on the court, close to us. A bunch of SU fans ran out on the court to congratulate them and be idiots.

DC gave me and several other SU fans surrounding him a very very high five. He was/is a great SU fan and was genuinely excited.

He was wearing a really nice three piece suit. Light brown. Custom tailored. I am sure it was very expensive.

I mention this because in the euphoria of victory, DC was going down a line of SU fans who had lined up to get a high five from him. All was well until it was this one guy...

This was one of those guys who come to the game shirtless and painted their entire torso orange. I am not judging. Do whatever you need to do to make you happy.

But to complete the picture, he was overweight, very sweaty and appeared to be inebriated. Very inebriated.

He started to raise his hand to get a high five from Derrick but changed his mind late..

He lowered the hand that was about to get high fived, made direct eye contact with Coleman, smiled and said 'Come on Derrick!'. And opened his arms in the universal 'let's hug it out' gesture.

Derrick stopped to consider this offer carefully.

The world stopped for an instant. I watched DC's face closely. Surely he wouldn't do it, would he?

After maybe 3 or 4 seconds, he said 'oh, what the hell' and gave orange torso man a huge hug.

Then he pulled away from the guy and looked at his suit. It was covered in orange paint and while I am not an expert in suit cleaning, I am pretty sure it was well beyond repair.

Coleman said 'Oh '. Orange torso man said 'I'm sorry Derrick!'. Derrick looked at him for a second or two with a very angry expression on his face.

Was orange torso guy gonna get Cornelled?

No. A smile slowly came over his face, he said 'it's okay' and went on to celebrate with some players on the court.

This is a true story. Also, I did not hug the drunk orange torso man. Nor did he ask me too. ;)

Drunk Orange Torso Man, if you are on the board, step up and tell your side of the story~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom