Montana | Syracusefan.com

Montana

SWC75

Bored Historian
We've never played them before. We did play Montana State in '96 and beat them 88-55.

Seth Davis just predicted we go down in the first round.

Montana has 2 top 100 wins, both against Weber St

Just LV odds. But Davidson would be a 7 point favourite vs Montana.

Need to learn more about style, but purely on numbers we received an awesome 1st round draw.

yes, but what about round two if we win?

we have to travel west and play on thursday instead of friday and then face either a tough unlv squad who will have more rest and less time adjustment or a home game for cal

SWAC team not in a play in. First time ever?

Montana is missing one of their best guys, Mathias Ward. Out for the season.

I like our second round chances if we get by Montana...which I expect we will.

Quick check of Lindy's preseason magazine. Last year Montana was 25-7 and 15-1 in the Big Sky. They lost to Wisconsin after going on a 20 of 21 streak. "Will Cherry (6-1 180, 15.8p 3.9r 3.3a), and Kareem Jamar (6-5 205, 13.6p 5.6r 3.7a) comprise a dynamic point-wing combination and Mathias Ward's, (6-7 225, 10.9p 3.9r) leap as a scorer was a nice development. If back-ups don't step up to replace departing starters it will be interesting to see if the Grizzlies remain as stout on defense."

just checking on Ken Pom, Montana is 154th. The other 13 seeds were SD State (102), New Mexico State (80), and Boise/La Salle (49/57).

Hell, the 14 seeds were Northwestern State (133), Davidson (59), Valpo (66), and Harvard (108)

Also, I just checked the 15's, he has Montana behind all the 15's as well. So good draw, I'd say...

Sagarin has us as #13, Montana as #133. I can't get on Pomeroy right now.[/QUOTE

haha yup it's down right now; a bunch of fans of top 4 seeds checking out their opponents for sure right now

They haven't beaten anyone. I know upsets happens and if one here does then that's fine. But in this case, what has Montana done to make you even justify picking them over Syracuse? UNLV a different story, and Indiana an even more different story.

one thing i like is that we are by far the best defensive team in the top half of our bracket. wisky gave iu fits with tough d this year if we can get there i like the draw.. one game at a time.

one thing i like is that we are by far the best defensive team in the top half of our bracket. wisky gave iu fits with tough d this year if we can get there i like the draw.. one game at a time.
This is major IMO. Aside from our team just ting the bed, the one thing that really concerned me was a great defensive team. Sounds like we didn't draw one.

Like.

ZERO games vs. top-25 teams, ZERO games vs. BCS schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom