Montana | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Montana

Upsets do happen and no offense to the few Montana fans out there but were talking Montana here, this is a game SU should win and honestly win easily.

just checking on Ken Pom, Montana is 154th. The other 13 seeds were SD State (102), New Mexico State (80), and Boise/La Salle (49/57).

Hell, the 14 seeds were Northwestern State (133), Davidson (59), Valpo (66), and Harvard (108)

Also, I just checked the 15's, he has Montana behind all the 15's as well. So good draw, I'd say...

I said the same thing. This is a dream draw for a 13 seed

Guys. Montana 309th in the country in rebounds per game. Their best rounder is 6'5". They do shoot 39% from 3, but their biggest player that gets regular minutes is 6'7" 228. Unless they shoot 55% from the field, we will MURDER them on the boards.

This Syracuse team is much better at driving to the basket than we were last year, & if we don't have to deal with any great defenses, we will win the track meet matches. You give Montana 50 points, 40 of which are threes, & we still beat them 86-50.

@MattPark1
Montana's leading scorer, 6-7 SR F Mathias Ward has missed the last seven games due to injury and is out for the season. #orangenation

Matt Park@MattPark1
Montana's 6-5 JR G/F Kareem Jamar was Big Sky MVP. 6-1 SR G Will Cherry is two-time conference defender of year. Ward was 2nd tm all-BigSky.

Hey remember when the board predicted blowout wins vs Vermont, Asheville, and Butler?

That was awesome.

Who invited the bad news bear?

Guys. Montana 309th in the country in rebounds per game. Their best rounder is 6'5". They do shoot 39% from 3, but their biggest player that gets regular minutes is 6'7" 228. Unless they shoot 55% from the field, we will MURDER them on the boards.
@MattPark1
Montana's leading scorer, 6-7 SR F Mathias Ward has missed the last seven games due to injury and is out for the season. #

Well now their biggest guy is like 6'7 208 now that Ward is out.

The sound liek Asheville from last year.

I agree 100% with this but I heard a lot of the same things about Ashville last year and we all know how close to Nuclear Armagedon we got to. SU just needs to play there game and they should win comfortably.

This Syracuse team is much better at driving to the basket than we were last year, & if we don't have to deal with any great defenses, we will win the track meet matches. You give Montana 50 points, 40 of which are threes, & we still beat them 86-50.
We are not better at driving to the basket; see Waiters, Dion and Joseph, Kris.

Well now their biggest guy is like 6'7 208 now that Ward is out.

The sound liek Asheville from last year.

LOL smart minds think a like.

This team has something that many of those teams didn't have. This team has a player who is poised to become an offensive force against the tourney field, as a powerful driver. Yes, MCW can be that force, especially if they don't face any defenses that can't keep the scoring down.

Brandon Triche can do the same thing without any grabbing & fouling type teams. I believe those two will swallow up the defenses & feed Keita & Christmas when the D draws up on our driving guards.

This team can score anywhere else but against the Big East top teams, & now they even do that, so good luck Field. The CUSE IS ON THE LOOSE !!

Really? Your that but hurt over what I said in the other thread?

Hardly. But I am pretty sure that you dress like this, given some of the fantastic "perspective" you've lent to the board this evening.

RicardoMontalban_FantasyIsland.jpg

I am quite confident that we'll beat Montana by double digits, having seen them play this year. Do you disagree?

We are not better at driving to the basket; see Waiters, Dion and Joseph, Kris.

Waiters was good, but don't tell me Scoop was better than MCW or even Triche. We didn't have two better drivers together on the floor than this season.

Kris Joseph had his moments, but he was weak when faced with any resistance. He was great on the open floor, but in the half court, he could not drive up against other bigs.

I will give you Dion, but that's not the two headed monster. Even Dion would screw up a few open layups, like the ones that cost us a Final Four last season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom