More Than 4,000 New Football STs Sold | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

More Than 4,000 New Football STs Sold

Out of curiosity what is the high water mark for seasons sold? 38k in 1992?

just curious---- who is buying?locals' alumni ?? i am sure they are both. i am really interested in who are our ticket holders.

I plan on buying. I am an alumnus from NYC. Coming up for the Clemson game and will sell the others at face value. Still deciding between a seat in 118 or in the 300s.

Doing some rough math that’s a net of about +2000.
Doing some rough math that’s a net of about +2000.

Depends on what 90+ actually is, and if renewals are over. All I know is mine were renewed quite some time ago.

For those that constantly crap on SU athletics "marketing"... it is very smart to release a story like this in advance of single game tickets going on sale. Creating a sense of urgency tied to demand is savvy.

It's also great news.
The whole product including the marketing is much better. They both started from low points a few years ago. I think kudos for the AD are appropriate here as well. He knew what strong marketing looked like from his ESPN days and I would wager his influence in changing the marketing direction for athletics was significant. Wildhack getting good grades in my book so far overall.

The whole product including the marketing is much better. They both started from low points a few years ago. I think kudos for the AD are appropriate here as well. He knew what strong marketing looked like from his ESPN days and I would wager his influence in changing the marketing direction for athletics was significant. Wildhack getting good grades in my book so far overall.
Since his arrival Anthony Difino has been instrumental in the marketing efforts and the improvements in the quad (Cuse on the Quad tent). Now we are seeing the results with the uptick in season ticket sales.

Since his arrival Anthony Difino has been instrumental in the marketing efforts and the improvements in the quad (Cuse on the Quad tent). Now we are seeing the results with the uptick in season ticket sales.

They've also outsourced a good deal of marketing. Digital Hyve is a Syracuse firm that's picked up a lot of business from the athletic department.

Anthony's a positive influence, too.

Anthony's been great. And Brett Wallace too. Lots of young talent in the AD's office now - bearing fruit.

Last edited:

Personal friend of mine. Great guy.

Reading his bio on the cuse.com website, it looks like we sold 4100 new season tix in 2016-7 too. Retention must have been lower, otherwise the attendance numbers for last year don't make much sense.

He is one of the best in the AD department. He has a bright future. I could see him as an AD somewhere in 10 years.

It'd be fun to see how this stacks up nationally. Willing to bet Syracuse leads the country in attendance increase this year. (Most, if not all, are seeing attendance hold or dip)

It's good to be Orange!

I’ll be curious to see if there is a drop in basketball season tickets...
I think that is pretty likely. The Hoops team has lost all of its' "Mojo" earned by 2013 and 2016. They have fallen back to middle of the road in the ACC. Next year wouldn't surprise me to see them flirt with an overall record of .500% and sub .500% in the ACC.

I think that is pretty likely. The Hoops team has lost all of its' "Mojo" earned by 2013 and 2016. They have fallen back to middle of the road in the ACC. Next year wouldn't surprise me to see them flirt with an overall record of .500% and sub .500% in the ACC.

I bet they'll have a better record, but that Final Four attendance bump is definitely history. It'll be interesting to see how long the AD clings to the "turnstile count" attendance fiction, but either way I think we'll see a few announced crowds of 15 or 16,000 during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I bet they'll have a better record, but that Final Four attendance bump is definitely history. It'll be interesting to see how long the AD clings to the "turnstile count" attendance fiction, but either way I think we'll see a few announced crowds of 15 or 16,000 during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

After the UVA game, it's hard to trust any number they put out. Hope that's not the case with football too.