More Than 4,000 New Football STs Sold | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

More Than 4,000 New Football STs Sold

I bet they'll have a better record, but that Final Four attendance bump is definitely history. It'll be interesting to see how long the AD clings to the "turnstile count" attendance fiction, but either way I think we'll see a few announced crowds of 15 or 16,000 during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I don't know that the better record thing is necessarily true. Unless we go back to playing Cornell, Colgate, Binghamton, SUNYIT & OCC during the non-conference season.

I typically have to give away my season tickets to games I don’t make but since the season ended I have had emails from friends saying they will take them without me asking.
Syracuse football is fun.
Now we just need a 7-5 to 8-4 season this year to validate the love. We can expect more but keep expectations reasonable for this second year.

I think it's gotta be 8-4 to keep the casual fan excited and to still believe in the team despite the new QB.

I’ll be curious to see if there is a drop in basketball season tickets...

It's been going down steadily for several years now.

you're right, he just doesn't give a damn.

btw, since the mid 90's, average attendance per game has been about the same with the occasional up or down by 1-2,000.
Other posters are saying we’ve been steadily losing the STH base. The eye test is probably more important than the reported numbers. Who cares if 23k are sold but only 16k care enough to show up.

Are you suggesting all is well? Nothing to see here? And btw wildhack has not expressed any concerns - at least not on the record. In fact the only quotes on the topic suggest he just wants to stay out of boeheim’s way and focus on football.

Other posters are saying we’ve been steadily losing the STH base. The eye test is probably more important than the reported numbers. Who cares if 23k are sold but only 16k care enough to show up.

Are you suggesting all is well? Nothing to see here? And btw wildhack has not expressed any concerns - at least not on the record. In fact the only quotes on the topic suggest he just wants to stay out of boeheim’s way and focus on football.

you're all over the place.

Back to the season ticket holder discussion for football, what are we thinking the chances are that the seasons available in the first and second tier really do sell out? Is it a sure thing, or are we somewhere short of that? At the very least it seems likely to my untrained eye.

I'd say they'll get to 90-92% sold out. If that's because they hold back single game tickets for games, or people buy seasons in the 3rd deck, or what have you...

However I don't think you'll see an open seat in the 1st level when Clemson comes in

My hope is you don't see an open seat on any level when Clemson comes in.

I'd say they'll get to 90-92% sold out. If that's because they hold back single game tickets for games, or people buy seasons in the 3rd deck, or what have you...

However I don't think you'll see an open seat in the 1st level when Clemson comes in

You can't get a first level seat without buying STH. When single game tickets are available, they'll all be in the upper deck.

You can't get a first level seat without buying STH. When single game tickets are available, they'll all be in the upper deck.

Yeah - I used to tell that to people for basketball too...

I'll believe it when I see it. There's around 1500 seats in the lower 2 decks for Clemson. I would LOVE for all of those to sell - but I know the game - there's always reserves

Yeah - I used to tell that to people for basketball too...

I'll believe it when I see it. There's around 1500 seats in the lower 2 decks for Clemson. I would LOVE for all of those to sell - but I know the game - there's always reserves

If that happens to be the case, I certainly wouldn't be happy about it.

clemson will release thier tickets a few weeks out so they might have time to sell..

Ditto. Now have my original 2 in 319 and 2 in 301. Not sure which I'll keep for my wife and I. Edit- oops, meant 319 and 101.

Last edited:

I don’t think you will see an open seat in the upper deck when Clemson comes in.

Really need to take care of the first 2 games this season and we will have one of the most anticipated weeks in Syracuse football history.

I can't imagine how nervous I'm going to be before those two games knowing what's coming in week 3 if we get those wins.

I can't imagine how nervous I'm going to be before those two games knowing what's coming in week 3 if we get those wins.

"Before" is relative. I'm nervous now. ;) I want GameDay here. I think 2-0 pretty much cements it. This feels like the most anticipated football game in the history of the Dome.