Most disappointing moment as a fan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Most disappointing moment as a fan

This is a good summer topic and has been one in the past...

So many memorable cringeworthy moments in the postseason.

Was only 6 when Smart hit the jumper, so can’t really claim that as a personal disappointment.

The Arkansas loss in ‘95 was tough to take - had them beat and had a very good team, in my eyes.

Michigan State during the ‘99-00 season in Sweet 16 with big lead was disappointing. We win that, we have a shot to win the whole thing (which MSU did).

Winfred Walton not qualifying was disappointing. He was supposed to be the next Derrick Coleman/John Wallace. Him, Ramel Lloyd & Lasean Howard were all disappointments.

Arinze & Fab situations are Top 3 in my eyes. Both years we had the goods to win it all. And even without Fab, that Ohio State game was disappointing and right there. Damn refs.

Sanctions & Fine situation, Hopkins leaving, Bazley not coming. All in there somewhere. I would also add the Dayton loss in the tournament with Ennis/Grant/Fair. We go from undefeated and #1 in country to bounced in 2nd round by an A-10 school. Yuck.

Worst loss was the Vermont game.

Worst off the court moment tie between bazely and fab.

Disappointing moment--the smart shot.

Disappointing game--when I realized that the refs were jobbing us against Ohio State in Boston.

Boeheim slandering alleged victims of a sexual assault. I realize he was defending a friend, but it was extremely irresponsible, especially for a leader of young men. We all have regrets. I would hope that is among Boeheim’s biggest.

Boeheim slandering alleged victims of a s e xual assault. I realize he was defending a friend, but it was extremely irresponsible, especially for a leader of young men. We all have regrets. I would hope that is among Boeheim’s biggest.

Not for nothing, but has anyone heard from those two again?

Boeheim slandering alleged victims of a s e xual assault. I realize he was defending a friend, but it was extremely irresponsible, especially for a leader of young men. We all have regrets. I would hope that is among Boeheim’s biggest.
And did those two turn out to be the least bit credible?

Guilty or not, publicly disparaging alleged victims of s e xual abuse is not a good look. I believe he admitted it was a bad move.
Lying about sexual abuse is also a bad move.

Lying about s e xual abuse is also a bad move.
Of course, what does that have to do with finding Boeheim’s action disappointing? He could have waited to comment until the facts of the case were established or he could have voiced support for his friend without publicly questioning the motives of the alleged victims. It was not a good move for a leader in my opinion. What is your point of contention?

Of course, what does that have to do with finding Boeheim’s action disappointing? He could have waited to comment until the facts of the case were established or he could have voiced support for his friend without publicly questioning the motives of the alleged victims. It was not a good move for a leader in my opinion. What is your point of contention?
Maybe he knew all along they were full of stuff.

When Keith Smart's shot went in.
I wholeheartedly agree with MSOrange. That’s what I was going to say. Keith F. Smart. We HAD the game! That was even worse than the F.G. Skibbie thing vs. Notre Dame.

Butler in 2010 was brutal. They hit a desperate three pointer from the baseline late in the second half that I swear him rim, backboard, rim again, and went in. That was the shot where I knew we were done and that awesome season was over. Have never, and will never, rewatch that game.

Butler in 2010 was brutal. They hit a desperate three pointer from the baseline late in the second half that I swear him rim, backboard, rim again, and went in. That was the shot where I knew we were done and that awesome season was over. Have never, and will never, rewatch that game.

I hate Futler

Obviously Keith Smart's shot. No one mentioned yet the offensive foul called on CJ Fair against Duke which cost SU the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom