Most exciting college players | Syracusefan.com

Most exciting college players

Pistol Pete, Dr J...and then Calvin Murphy.

How did people see DR J in college? He played at UMass and I never once saw them on TV. Are the people saying him people who went to the games? As a pro, no doubt one of the most exciting but I wonder how people say that about him in college. I was a HUGE fan and I never really heard of him until the Virginia Squires.

Is this supposed to be Syracuse-specific or just in general? I would say Zion, Steph, and Jimmer are near the top for me (outside of Syracuse I've realistically only watched a decent amount of college basketball since like 2005ish).

in your lifetime. Not necessarily the best, but the most exciting. I'll begin.

Pearl Washington
Back in the 60s, when you were lucky to get a game or two on Saturday afternoon, we in Philly got Sat. night doubleheaders featuring Big 5 teams. I saw Calvin Murphy and it was the most exciting performance I have ever seen.

How did people see DR J in college? He played at UMass and I never once saw them on TV. Are the people saying him people who went to the games? As a pro, no doubt one of the most exciting but I wonder how people say that about him in college. I was a HUGE fan and I never really heard of him until the Virginia Squires.
My uncle lived in Amherst and worked at Umass. Became a fan when I was 14. Not even Billy Fuccillo is a fan as HUGE. LOL.

Not that he was the most exciting of my lifetime but I do remember being young and thinking marcus camby was pretty awesome to watch the few times I remember.

Many good choices here. One that always stands out in my mind was Iverson. It felt like he played a speed that was clearly faster than everyone else. From that standpoint, I haven't seen anything like it since. Maybe someone like John Wall, but Iverson still takes the cake

in your lifetime. Not necessarily the best, but the most exciting. I'll begin.

Pearl Washington
Great topic. I am going to omit SU players from the list and include players I watched prior to their entrance to the NBA...

Shaq
Hank Gathers & Bo Kimble
Rex Chapman
Larry Johnson
Sam Cassell
Wally Szerbiak
Gary Payton (Edit: I put Terrell Brandon initially but meant “The Glove”
Stacey Augmon
Tyrone Bogues

SUOrange44

Last edited:
Great topic. I am going to omit SU players from the list and include players I watched prior to their entrance to the NBA...

Shaq
Hank Gathers & Bo Kimble
Rex Chapman
Larry Johnson
Sam Cassell
Wally Szerbiak
Terrell Brandon
Stacey Augmon

SUOrange44

Bob Sura was an incredibly player at FSU. Sura, Edwards, and Cassell really had a good thing going on that team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom