Most fanatical thing you've done | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Most fanatical thing you've done

Slammed the floor so hard during the 87 championship game that there's a skip on my VCR tape of the game.

It's usually the same thing... when we lose in the tourney, I have to shut down completely and lock myself out of the rest of the world. I usually lock myself home for at least a day, and avoid all highlights and tourney talk for at least the next week.

Just noticed this thread buried back here and figured I'd chirp in... some interesting stories we've got.

The time I most heavily embarrassed myself came after the loss to Oklahoma in the tournament (2009). Was studying abroad in London so a bunch of us went to the most Americanized bar we knew (Sports Cafe FTW). Unfortunately, about half of us were there to watch the game and the other half were there just to have fun and drink (chicks Oh Lord). After getting pretty drunk and watching us lose, I had transformed into a raging lunatic.

And then she did it. The one thing that pisses me off more than anything. Some dumb broad looks at me and say, "Jeez, it's just a game."

That pushed me overboard. Because to real fans, it's not just a game. It's the entire season. It's the ebb and flow of our hopes and dreams. For some, it's the end of their basketball careers. And it's something that only a crappy fan would say. Say what you want, but don't ever tell me that "it's just a game."

picked up a recliner and threw it off the 2nd floor balcony... Butler 2010

I remember praying as hard as I've ever prayed during the closing seconds of the national championship game.

Room full of people and me kneeled in front of the TV screaming at the top of my lungs for the good lord to let them win this one game...

Guess my priest would be none to pleased to hear about that one.

I actually MOVED from a position I had taken on the couch during which we made a 20-point run. Luckily, we won anyway.
Thats the kiss of death. My wife thinks I am crazy when I do superstitious stuff like that. Proof that it does indeed work.

I threw a remote control through a bay picture window about 15 years ago. With my wife in the same room. I dont even remember what game it was.

Needless to say I officially retired from throwing things. I almost turned into that guy who takes in stray animals in the cable commercials.

Most painful was immediately after the Vermont game I kicked a mini basketball as hard as I could which hit the wall 10 feet away and immediately fired back and drilled me right in the nuts. The game wasnt painful enough...

Speaking of VT...a new ATT cell phone commercial shows the SU/VT game clip on the cell phone...with the guy telling his neighbor they just lost.

Speaking of VT...a new ATT cell phone commercial shows the SU/VT game clip on the cell phone...with the guy telling his neighbor they just lost.
Ugh I saw that yesterday.

I remember unleashing a terrets like stream of unholy expletives at the TV during that Rutgers game at the RAC where they had us down like 17 at halftime. For some reason, whenever they showed the Rutgers coach (Waters maybe?), I would just lose my mind. It was like Green Mile. We came back and won, but my outbursts weren't pretty.

I'm seeing a Buddhist about it...

I was watching the Butler SU game a few years ago over at a buddies house (he is a SU fan) his roommate was a Duke fan. Anyway as it is finishing up and SU has no hope at winning he keeps trying to shove his bracket in my face saying see I picked Butler I called that upset. I grabbed the bracket out of his hand ripped it up and told him to go F himself. I showed myself out the door that night and have never been invited back to the house since. Guess I had that coming

Wasn't an SU game, but at an Ohio v. Miami game while in college. I had one of those moments that wasn't entirely my fault...13,000 fans are screaming all sorts of vile things at the Miami players and the refs as the game went to time out, as I joined in the verbal assault, for some reason the other 12,999 people stopped, at the top of my lungs from about 20 rows back I let loose a "Hey Ref! Whose s*cking your d!@k?" Now, I'm not sure all 12,999 people heard me, but I know the refs, players, coaches and a few arena administrators did!

I know I have posted this before but my most embarrassing moment came during the Georgia sweet 16 game when after Cipolla made the game tying shot I jumped in the air and smashed my head on a low ceiling molding that was between my living room and dining room in a 2 family we lived in when I got married. I completely knocked myself out cold for about 2-3 minutes. I came too bloodied and with a huge gash on my head that I had to hold a washcloth on top of my head while I watched the OT.

Well, now we know there's enough time to treat the concussed between regulation and overtime.

I was watching the Butler SU game a few years ago over at a buddies house (he is a SU fan) his roommate was a Duke fan. Anyway as it is finishing up and SU has no hope at winning he keeps trying to shove his bracket in my face saying see I picked Butler I called that upset. I grabbed the bracket out of his hand ripped it up and told him to go F himself. I showed myself out the door that night and have never been invited back to the house since. Guess I had that coming

He's lucky you didn't jam that bracket sheet down his throat and then pummel him to death while he chocked on it. No jury -- no Syracuse jury anyway -- would have convicted you.

Just noticed this thread buried back here and figured I'd chirp in... some interesting stories we've got.

The time I most heavily embarrassed myself came after the loss to Oklahoma in the tournament (2009). Was studying abroad in London so a bunch of us went to the most Americanized bar we knew (Sports Cafe FTW). Unfortunately, about half of us were there to watch the game and the other half were there just to have fun and drink (chicks Oh Lord). After getting pretty drunk and watching us lose, I had transformed into a raging lunatic.

And then she did it. The one thing that pisses me off more than anything. Some dumb broad looks at me and say, "Jeez, it's just a game."

That pushed me overboard. Because to real fans, it's not just a game. It's the entire season. It's the ebb and flow of our hopes and dreams. For some, it's the end of their basketball careers. And it's something that only a crappy fan would say. Say what you want, but don't ever tell me that "it's just a game."

But you schtoop her, right?

Well, now we know there's enough time to treat the concussed between regulation and overtime.

Thankfully my wife heard me (she was watching in the other room) and came out and saw me lying there. When I came to she said I had that delayed reaction and said the words "unbelievable pass". (think of the kid in Jurassic Park who got zapped on the fence while counting to 3 and only made it to 2 but when he came to the first thing out of his mouth was "3".

Last year when cuse lost its games to pitt and nova I had watched with my girlfriend for the only time that year. After they lost and I was upset I told my girlfriend that I was never watching another game with her because she was bad luck and stormed out of the room. I guess I have enough redeeming qualities to refute the fact that I am a raving lunatic when it comes to my teams.

No I don't think so. That is an a-hole move by that guy. When we lost on the Moten timeout - a buddy of mine (who has absolutely no rooting interest in any team) calls immediately to rub it in. I was so pissed. I have never answered a phone call or read a text in-game or immediately post-game since that moment.

Is there some kind of warrant associated with this story? Did you get cut off before writing the ending ;)

My story...mine takes off like OrangeBuddah cept for I was in New Brunswick, NJ on a weekend college trip with the Rugby Team...We already lost our Rugby game and now Cuse lost as a #1 seed to Iowa in 1980...I'm so upset that I go straight to alcohol, I'm getting gloriously ripped when this kinda hot blonde walks in...she looked a little strange but as I was already drunk...I continued to drink heavily and she got hotter by the beer...I found out she was the 1979 Rutgers Homecoming Queen so I figure she must look pretty good despite my buddies best attempts at c*ck blocking me. You now know the story why I'm missing my arm.

images

Is there some kind of warrant associated with this story? Did you get cut off before writing the ending ;)

His barrister advised him not to saying anything else...