Most pathetic game of the season | Syracusefan.com

Most pathetic game of the season

why is it we can't make 3's in the dome but other teams go off here.
I thought the dome was supposed to throw off visiting teams shooting but it seems to have more of an effect on our guys.
Because we give up wide open shots and contest the shooter after they’ve released the ball already. Meanwhile we pull contested shots from 30ft

I can't wait for the postgame presser, did we lose, because:

A) Because we missed shots
or:
B) Because it's hard to win if you miss shots
or:
C) Because you gotta make shots, and they made shots

They have been up and down all season by this is the first time a game ended and it feels like they didn’t try.

This was lost on the offensive end. If you aren't going to get stops, your scorers have to score. UNC had folded all year under pressure, they had multiple possessions to score and inside of 4 minutes to make a single digit game and didn't.

Have we ever had a longer losing streak against anybody? What’s it at now? 8? 9?

Even Pitt and Louisville never did that to us, when they completely owned us.

UConn never did even when they had our number in the mid 90s. GTown never did when they had us in the 80s.
So? They have a better program than us. Always have had. Do I wish we beat them today? Of course. What I really wish was that we played them without Cole. I'm not proud.

Have we ever had a longer losing streak against anybody? What’s it at now? 8? 9?

Even Pitt and Louisville never did that to us, when they completely owned us.

UConn never did even when they had our number in the mid 90s. GTown never did when they had us in the 80s.
UNC is our annual “load management” game. Staff takes the week off so they can be fresh for the subsequent game.

Honestly, this was an easy call. Knew Carolina would pose huge issues if Anthony was back and playing well. Yes, Carolina made shots today, many 3s, but they could have scored inside and from short range. SU did some nice things this year at times, but today was a sign of just where we are as a program. Big game, name opponent, and we didn’t show.

So? They have a better program than us. Always have had. Do I wish we beat them today? Of course. What I really wish was that we played them without Cole. I'm not proud.

They were 11-17. No excuses this year. We can beat Duke. We cannot beat UNC ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom