Most pathetic game of the season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Most pathetic game of the season

There’s no doubt the level of recruiting is very different as well when you watch these types of games. Hopefully that changes next 2 years especially with POWER forwards

They were 11-17. No excuses this year. We can beat Duke. We cannot beat UNC ever.
Come on folks, they were 11 - 17 because Anthony missed over one month with an injury. Today he was on the floor and playing like a one and done. I for one have tons more pain from this loss living here less than 20 miles from Chapel Hill. We hav eseveral defensive deficenies and today they stuck out like a sore thumb. If our offense is sputtering with Hughes, Joe G and Dolezaj not scoring and QG struggling, we have zero chances of winning. I can not dislike a team any more than the UN Cheaters but they out played us by being much more athletic today. On top of that when a team shoots over 42% for threes when they average 29%, tough to win. Tough way to lose last home game but let's get win number 17 to keep our record above .500.

Zero excuses. If we can’t beat Carolina now we can forget ever beating them. What a joke.
ConcernedBiodegradableGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Sorry, but I remain damn proud of our boys.

This is how far we’ve fallen. We’re bemoaning the missed opportunities to get the deficit under 10 points.

That reminds me, did we cover the line, at least? ;) I didn't have time to check before the game, and glad I didn't give myself the chance to be tempted to take the points.

They hit open 3s, were decent on the glass, and connected on several alley oops early.

We still scored 79. They made their 3s and their dominant big had a great game, This isn’t surprising

I can't wait for the postgame presser, did we lose, because:

A) Because we missed shots
or:
B) Because it's hard to win if you miss shots
or:
C) Because you gotta make shots, and they made shots

D) They have the #1 rated recruit in the nation and top 5 lottery pick that made his 3's whereas he hasn't all year against anyone else. Completely miffed about why/how that is.

E) North Carolina was ranked #5 in the country early in the season, they have several McDonald AA's on the roster and now that they are relatively healthy are not nearly as bad as their record indicates. :vomit::mad::mad::mad:

League .500 is the New Normal when you have The Real Fans prancing around when they thought we had a ‘chance to finish 4th.’

It kind of reminds me of a human being as time passes. Things change with the body, and/or the mind, but eventually you realize you're not going back to the old normal(in this liftetime, anyhow).

D) They have the #1 rated recruit in the nation and top 5 lottery pick that made hits 3's whereas he hasn't all year against anyone else. Completely miffed about why/how that is.

E) North Carolina was ranked #5 in the country early in the season, they have several McDonald AA's on the roster and now that they are relatively healthy are not nearly as bad as their record indicates. :vomit::mad::mad::mad:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, nailed it!!!

That's gonna be it - the guy who "hasn't hit a shot all year" beat us!!!!

I guess we aren’t playing to be at the top of the conference anymore and mediocrity is acceptable.
Mediocrity is "not" acceptable for a true Orange fan, but that is where we are right now. After following this team for almost forty years it is very disappointing to see what we have become - irrelevant.

The kids try, even though they are not that talented overall which is one thing to hang your hat on. We will get better in the future, just hope I'm still around to see it. Need better athletes and better coaching schemes.

Regardless, I will always be there for this team. LGO

Roy Williams made a pact with his inner self to learn how to destroy Boeheim when he lost to Boeheim in the national championship game in 2003. Our last 13 games against UNC are the fruits of that labor.

Roy Williams owns Jim Boeheim

Oh, that wouldn't be good. But that has nothing to do with saying we can't beat UNC ever, does it?

There's figuratively and literally...it really isn't too difficult to decipher what he was referring to. But, carry on as you wish.

I don’t think it’s overreacting. Imagine SU next year without Hughes. We’re a very average team.

Average is flattering. Go from 3 outside threats to 2 and lose possibly the best player in the conference and that’s a recipe for disaster. Everyone in the ACC has good players JG3 and Marek ain’t enough.

It kind of reminds me of a human being as time passes. Things change with the body, and/or the mind, but eventually you realize you're not going back to the old normal(in this liftetime, anyhow).

I sure hope you’re wrong!

I actually found a quantum of solace in all of this. Not that long ago, some members were posting this game as an automatic win. I told them to pump the brakes, the Cole Anthony would be back. A mod couldn't let me have my moment, and assured me he had no reason to play. I politely disagreed. I don't make a ton of predictions, but they are generally correct when I do.

Say what you will, but at least I don't have to trash JB, his son, or other players have something to feell good about right now.
I too said UNC was going to be tough. Also said Roy knows what he's doing. They are the best 12 win team in the country, and better than us at every spot but Eli.

A couple more thoughts:

#1 This was the same team that Duke needed not one, but 2 miracles to beat

#2 I hope UNC gets knocked out first round in ACC tournament

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors