Movies you have never seen which people are shocked that you haven't | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Movies you have never seen which people are shocked that you haven't

Esquire's List of 75 Movies Every Man Should See popped up on my FB feed recently (the list is from 2016 &, as far as I can tell, only has 74 movies on it). Biggest surprise for me was the inclusion of Ironman (meh).
Back to original topic - I have never understood why Shawshank is so highly touted. I've read the novella & seen bits and pieces of the movie but have never sat through the whole thing.

I do, Shawshank is a great movie.

Esquire's List of 75 Movies Every Man Should See popped up on my FB feed recently (the list is from 2016 &, as far as I can tell, only has 74 movies on it). Biggest surprise for me was the inclusion of Ironman (meh).
Back to original topic - I have never understood why Shawshank is so highly touted. I've read the novella & seen bits and pieces of the movie but have never sat through the whole thing.

Not a bad list...some really good classic older movies on that list.

i have about 10 more to watch then my work there is done.. only a couple i didnt recognize, but most of them are pretty good movies.

I've never seen The Godfather. That always surprises people. They then revoke their friendship cards when they find out I have seen Godfather Part II.
i never seen any Godfather film all the way thru. but i have watched scorcese's AFTER HOURS a couple dozen times. and most of my friends never saw that. so square.

Its a wonderful life

Now that one surprises me. Unless you are of the younger generation when it's only been on NBC once a year. Before NBC got that exclusive deal, it was on non-stop throughout the Christmas season on one channel or another and pretty hard to miss.

Now that one surprises me. Unless you are of the younger generation when it's only been on NBC once a year. Before NBC got that exclusive deal, it was on non-stop throughout the Christmas season on one channel or another and pretty hard to miss.

wish I was a kid, lol

it wasnt all that long ago it wasnt on at all.. it was only around mid 80s it got to cable tv.

Briancuse's thread about favorite sport movies reminded me of this:

Rudy

I've seen 31 of those.

I've never seen the Matrix. And many more that people label as "must-watch". Sometimes it's a bit annoying because when a group of friends starts ranting about some movies that everybody knows I might as well go and leave them for a half hour :D

Star Wars series
Die Hard series
Matrix series
Schindler's List

I've seen Shawshank in portions. I don't think I've seen it from start to finish.

Agree with Dasher, Shawshank is a great movie. One of the best prison movies I think.

"Get busy living or get busy dying."
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
"Lord! It's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!"

So many great lines in the movie. I could list a bunch.

One of the best movies ever. Period.

I've never seen avatar. Or Citizen Kane.

I counted 47 on the list of 75, but I may have seen a few more than that, I just can't remember.

Star Wars series
Die Hard series
Matrix series
Schindler's List

I've seen Shawshank in portions. I don't think I've seen it from start to finish.

Just curious, have you seen the movie Frozen?! :rolleyes:

Hmmm ... is there a movie called Cowtown?

Star Wars series
Die Hard series
Matrix series
Schindler's List

Original Die Hard and original Matrix are definitely worth a watch. I can understand how if you just aren't into Star Wars that it just won't appeal like it does for those that grew up on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom