Moyer | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please look up the definition of the term “straw man” argument so that you can stop using it incorrectly.

And I can’t imagine a person disliking 5% of someone passionately and not have it spill over to the other 95%. It sounds like a construct you set up for the sole purpose of justifying your criticism of Boeheim. As in “Well, I said I liked 95% of the guy so now I have license to say whatever I feel like.”

I could go for a meatball sandwich.

It's a fan forum. He has license to say pretty much whatever he feels like, as long as he doesn't break any of the rules here, regardless of whether you approve or not. If you have a problem with that, then maybe it's you who has the problem and not Doc Celuck.

It’s funny...I actually deleted that post because it’s just not worth going down that rabbit hole. No ones mind is being changed and I didnt feel like a(bother) lecture on how to properly be a Syracuse fan.

Did he actually have a full go at practice? That's not what I read. I read he was participating in pre-practice shooting, but then the reporters get booted (for lack of a better term) out of there and they didn't know to what level he participated.

Yeah, maybe not the best choice of words there. My interpretation was that since he practiced, and there wasn't anything mentioned about limitations, he was good.

It's a fan forum. He has license to say pretty much whatever he feels like, as long as he doesn't break any of the rules here, regardless of whether you approve or not. If you have a problem with that, then maybe it's you who has the problem and not Doc Celuck.

Now that’s a straw man argument or a case of you completely missing the point.

The license being talked about here is the justification he is using for his argument. (I like 95% of JB so therefore...)

And this goes on and on and on with most people saying the same things over and over and over and the same things they said in multiple other threads.

I bet this is all behind JB and Matt by now.

Close to lock down time.

I could go for a meatball sandwich.
you want a good meatball hoagie? Go to Pies Guys in Fairmont where they use Asciotis meatballs! Deeelish. Real good too is their Chicken parm sub. Come to think about it their pizza rocks as well right up there with twin trees.

Is it dinner time yet? Think I just convinced myself to go there......

Last edited:
oswego in the 80's . it was subs not hoagies got me thru college.

12748496-standard.jpg

(and i worked at cooper )

Just got home from work and was shocked to see this still being argued about.

Yeah I thought it was a resurrection of a thread from the other day, not a NEW one.

And this goes on and on and on with most people saying the same things over and over and over and the same things they said in multiple other threads.

I bet this is all behind JB and Matt by now.

Close to lock down time.

I have a feeling this isn't behind them, JB was publicly irritated and mentioned parents and am assuming the parents don't like how their childs injury was taken care of.

It could be over, or it could be a beginning to the end of his career here at the end of the season while adding this along with less playing time next season.

Wouldn't call this over yet.

I'm not a hater at all.

I don't like a lot of things my wife does and cringe when she says things sometimes, I don't hate her.

The guy makes mistakes, he's admitted to mistakes, he will continue to make mistakes, you realize he's human right?
I look at him more like a king. And the Carrier Dome is like Camelot which would make Julie the fair Gwenevere.

I have a feeling this isn't behind them, JB was publicly irritated and mentioned parents and am assuming the parents don't like how their childs injury was taken care of.

It could be over, or it could be a beginning to the end of his career here at the end of the season while adding this along with less playing time next season.

Wouldn't call this over yet.

Yeah, Boeheim was clearly pissed and let his emotions get the best of him. I'm a big Boeheim fan but he was off base in the presser in a big way (again). As for this being over, it should be and would probably be easy enough to settle and move on. However, that would require Boeheim to be flexible in his approach rather than steam rolling. We will see.

Get healthy, Matt!

for a man who demands such total control of his program JB certainly is slow to admit his culpability for it's problems when they arise.

oswego in the 80's . it was subs not hoagies got me thru college.

12748496-standard.jpg

(and i worked at cooper )
I almost lived in that apartment above the sub shop one summer.

And my aggravation with you was more directed at the language many on here have been using. I didn't mean to come at you like I did, but you were just the most recent.

Hope the kid feels better quickly. And this issue goes away.
It’s all good, don’t worry about it.
Good to see you two crazy lefties coming to your senses and making up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom