Moyer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer

I love Matt Moyer. No player in the last 10 years has taken more pride putting a Syracuse jersey on and representing our team. He has helped on recruiting trail and seems to be a major reason that this team has the chemistry it does off the court.

At the same time I see what I see. And I see a kid who isn't ready for this level of basketball. That doesn't mean I don't hope he eventually becomes ready. That doesn't make me a hater. It makes me realistic.

I mean, when Frank Howard fouled out we put in a walk-on instead of moving one of Oshae or Marek to guard. What else needs to be said? JB thought it made more sense to use a walk-on than to play a scholarship player out of position on defense so we could go to Matt.

Yes - JB made the call to play a GUARD, at GUARD, in a position he's played EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE, AND EVERY DAY IN PRACTICE THIS YEAR - vs. the part in bold. Because JB isn't a moron.
PS - Bayer is on scholarship now.

You did see that Moyer had 2 Hak-like blocks in the game? I guess not.

He's a freshman that has a sprained ankle and his biggest asset being energy. Unless he develops a short jumper or moves near the hoop he will probably be a 6th - 8th man depending on the talent in front of him. He adds a different dimension which is a good thing defensively and if he continues to work in the off season on his offense hopefully he can contribute more there in the future. He's seems like a wonderful young man and would be thrilled to watch him have success in the future.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom