MSG | Syracusefan.com

MSG

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Watching last night's game it occurred to me that I think the last time we played well in MSG was the first half of the 2013 BET Championship Game. Am I forgetting some good performances there in the last 5 years? It seems like even in the wins, we have looked shaky at best in the garden. What gives with that?

Watching last night's game it occurred to me that I think the last time we played well in MSG was the first half of the 2013 BET Championship Game. Am I forgetting some good performances there in the last 5 years? It seems like even in the wins, we have looked shaky at best in the garden. What gives with that?

Well let's see, I remember an atrocious game against Iowa that involved Chris McCullough getting undercut yet called for a foul. I remember Malachi's 4-20 against St. John's, who promptly lost to Incarnate Word and didn't win again for over a month. And I'm blanking on the rest. But yeah, it's been awhile.

Well let's see, I remember an atrocious game against Iowa that involved Chris McCullough getting undercut yet called for a foul. I remember Malachi's 4-20 against St. John's, who promptly lost to Incarnate Word and didn't win again for over a month. And I'm blanking on the rest. But yeah, it's been awhile.

Wasn’t that McCullough play against Villanova?

Iowa was the game he was really good in and we won, though we lost to Cal the day before.

It’s definitely been a terrible run at MSG as an ACC school.

Wasn’t that McCullough play against Villanova?

Iowa was the game he was really good in and we won, though we lost to Cal the day before.

It’s definitely been a terrible run at MSG as an ACC school.

Ha, clearly I don't "remember" things that happened in reality. Yeah, I think all of what you said is correct.

We are 5-5 at the Garden in the last 8 years...

The good news is that those games are in Nov/Dec and have not been a harbinger of what the season has in store...

In both of our recent FF runs, we lost at the Garden...

I would rather be bad in Nov/Dec and good in March than the other way around...

One of the things I always notice when we play at MSG is our shooters attempting too many shots from behind the NBA arc. I didn't see the game last night, but it's stuck out for me previously. And as someone who gets to play on college courts as well, the momentary hesitation of looking to confirm you're behind the correct line can 'affect' a shot on occasion. And no, I'm not comparing myself to SU players. Just giving an anecdote.

Gotta wonder how thrown off we were(if at all)by the pregame stuff? They said it took SU 90 minutes to get from the hotel to MSG, and I read elsewhere that they arrived well after 6:00, for a 7:00 start. Wonder if that contributed to the poor start, because I don’t think we did a thing right on offense for the first 5 minutes of the game.

One of the things I always notice when we play at MSG is our shooters attempting too many shots from behind the NBA arc. I didn't see the game last night, but it's stuck out for me previously. And as someone who gets to play on college courts as well, the momentary hesitation of looking to confirm you're behind the correct line can 'affect' a shot on occasion. And no, I'm not comparing myself to SU players. Just giving an anecdote.

That absolutely happened last night. Hughes was particularly guilty of it. Of course, the other team took about 7 or 8 shots from 4-7 feet past the NBA line and I would estimate they made 75% on those shots, so what do I know.

That absolutely happened last night. Hughes was particularly guilty of it. Of course, the other team took about 7 or 8 shots from 4-7 feet past the NBA line and I would estimate they made 75% on those shots, so what do I know.

Hughes had played so smoothly in the other games. Last night he seemed out of sorts often, right from his first drive to the basket of the game.

I look for him to be much better tonight. Gotta remember these are inexperienced, young players. Had he ever played somewhere like MSG before or even on ESPN before?

It's the Leaving the Big East Curse. We're doomed at MSG now.

We rolled UNC one year at MSG, but think that was definitely more than 5 years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom