Multiple Kick times announced | Syracusefan.com

Multiple Kick times announced

yea Ohio perfect time though, Ga Tech I get it. Seems like more TV channels love these Noon kicks for bigger games. Agree Holy Cross should be later, but a good game for young kids to go to for first time or never get to go.

yea Ohio perfect time though, Ga Tech I get it. Seems like more TV channels love these Noon kicks for bigger games. Agree Holy Cross should be later, but a good game for young kids to go to for first time or never get to go.

Ya the Ohio game being at 3:30 takes some of the sting of the two Noon kicks. Ga Tech I get but HC really should be later. Hell even an oddball start like 2pm would work.

Ohio 3:30

GA tech - Noon

Stanford 7:30 Fri Night

Holy Cross - Noon

at Pitt 7:30 Thursday Night game - 10/24]

Two nooners is a tailgate buzzkill. ACC should have made the Holy Cross game late, its online only anyway.
I would assume with games televised on ACCNX, the decision on the kickoff time is made by the home school. That is how things always were in the days when games were not televised.

If that is the case and SUAD decided it would be good to play Holy Cross at noon, that is really unfortunate.

Surely they know how unpopular noon kickoffs are with Syracuse fans. I would go with a 1:30 pm kickoff for ACCNX home games. That gives fans plenty of time to get to campus, tailgate, and plenty of time to get back home afterwards.

Back in the olden days when college football was played for the fans that attended the games, 1:30 pm kickoff times were standard in Syracuse. And it was great.

I would assume with games televised on ACCNX, the decision on the kickoff time is made by the home school. That is how things always were in the days when games were not televised.

If that is the case and SUAD decided it would be good to play Holy Cross at noon, that is really unfortunate.

Surely they know how unpopular noon kickoffs are with Syracuse fans. I would go with a 1:30 pm kickoff for ACCNX home games. That gives fans plenty of time to get to campus, tailgate, and plenty of time to get back home afterwards.

Back in the olden days when college football was played for the fans that attended the games, 1:30 pm kickoff times were standard in Syracuse. And it was great.
Also better for out of town visitors. Noon game has me deciding to come in the night before AND potentially stay after the game too. Turns it into a whole weekend thing. While I can make the trip at 3:30, I'd rather not. So agree, least desirable time.

Noon is more popular for people traveling or with kids though, both of which are the promotions for this game.

It’s family weekend, so people can either leave town or do family activities like dinner after.

It’s also listed as Youth Sports Day, which typically means discounted youth group tickets. That crowd surely prefers noon.

Noon is more popular for people traveling or with kids though, both of which are the promotions for this game.

It’s family weekend, so people can either leave town or do family activities like dinner after.

It’s also listed as Youth Sports Day, which typically means discounted youth group tickets. That crowd surely prefers noon.
I don't see noon as a bad time for the Holy Cross game either. Most people that are going to that game would go regardless of what time it was at. At least noon allows for the casuals and those on the fence to feel as though they still have their whole Saturday after the game, which might get a few more butts in the seats.

As we know, select MW games are moving to Friday nights this fall.

In this article (College Football Starts Strong This Fall on FOX - Fox Sports Press Pass) "The action continues in October with a Big Ten showdown between the Michigan State Spartans and Oregon Ducks from Eugene, OR, on Friday, Oct. 4 at 9:00 PM ET on FOX."

I can't imagine you'd move Syracuse/UNLV to Friday 10/4 and play at 6pm ET, 3pm local, right??

Or go up against that game on CBS Sports Network?

As we know, select MW games are moving to Friday nights this fall.

In this article (College Football Starts Strong This Fall on FOX - Fox Sports Press Pass) "The action continues in October with a Big Ten showdown between the Michigan State Spartans and Oregon Ducks from Eugene, OR, on Friday, Oct. 4 at 9:00 PM ET on FOX."

I can't imagine you'd move Syracuse/UNLV to Friday 10/4 and play at 6pm ET, 3pm local, right??

Or go up against that game on CBS Sports Network?
If they do move the game to Friday night. The noon game the Saturday before against Holy Cross makes a ton more sense. Recovery and game planning for UNLV can really get into full swing starting Saturday night with the shorter turnaround for UNLV the next Friday night.

For the hundreds of us that have already booked Friday flights in, this would surely suck. Lol

CBS Sports at 7pm Friday 10/4 is Jacksonville St at Kennesaw St

Has to stay Saturday, IMO. Fox has a 9pm game and CBS Sports wouldn't schedule a 9pm with a 7pm and a 10pm feels too close? Also 10pm ET kickoff for fans back east would be awful.

And if you wanted to catch it on TV you’d have to wait till the replay on Sunday ch 13 super sports.

Man I’m old.

I completely disagree with you on this.

And why do you think fans with kids prefer a noon kickoff? Why is a noon kickoff more friendly for fans who travel to games or bring with children with them? I find the people who are most vehement against noon kickoffs are people traveling to games from places like Utica, Binghamton, Rochester and Watertown. There isn't sufficient time to tailgate for nooner for local fans, forget about people who have to drive an hour or two (or more) to home games.

My experience is that kids aren't great about getting up really early on weekends to do anything.

I have talked to hundreds of Syracuse fans on this subject. Maybe thousands. Not sure I have ever found one that preferred noon kickoffs. The most common complaint I hear about SU football scheduling is the prevalence of noon kickoffs.

I think SUAD is really out of touch if they think this is what fans want.

I like 1:30 pm because the game will end around 4:30 pm and even if you are travelling from an hour or two away, you generally have enough time to get home at a reasonable hour. You probably have a couple hours of sunlight to drive home in.

I could be wrong on this. Maybe I hang out with a strange cross section of fans and maybe for some reason I gravitate to the only Syracuse fans out there that hate noon kickoffs and yearn for kickoffs at 1:30 pm (or even later).

I invite everyone who goes to Syracuse football games to weigh in on this.

Especially fans who travel to the games or bring kids to the games. Do you prefer noon kickoffs? I don't think it is possible to do a poll in the middle of a thread or I would.

Please respond with your situation: do you travel to home games (defined as more than a 30 minute drive), with kids or without, and do you prefer noon kickoffs (yes or no)?

For me, it would be no, no, and no. I.e. I do not travel, I do not normally come with kids and I do not prefer noon kickoffs.

And why do you think fans with kids prefer a noon kickoff? Why is a noon kickoff more friendly for fans who travel to games or bring with children with them? I find the people who are most vehement against noon kickoffs are people traveling to games from places like Utica, Binghamton, Rochester and Watertown. There isn't sufficient time to tailgate for nooner for local fans, forget about people who have to drive an hour or two (or more) to home games.

My experience is that kids aren't great about getting up really early on weekends to do anything.

I have talked to hundreds of Syracuse fans on this subject. Maybe thousands. Not sure I have ever found one that preferred noon kickoffs. The most common complaint I hear about SU football scheduling is the prevalence of noon kickoffs.

I like 1:30 pm because the game will end around 4:30 pm and even if you are travelling from an hour or two away, you generally have enough time to get home at a reasonable hour. You probably have a couple hours of sunlight to drive home in.

I could be wrong on this. Maybe I hang out with a strange cross section of fans and maybe for some reason I gravitate to the only Syracuse fans out there that hate noon kickoffs and yearn for kickoffs at 1:30 pm (or even later).

Especially fans who travel to the games or bring kids to the games. Do you prefer noon kickoffs? I don't think it is possible to do a poll in the middle of a thread or I would.

Please respond with your situation: do you travel to home games (defined as more than a 30 minute drive), with kids or without, and do you prefer noon kickoffs (yes or no)?

For me, it would be no, no, and no. I.e. I do not travel, I do not normally come with kids and I do not prefer noon kickoffs.

A noon kickoff is the absolute worst

I have a kid and this now requires me to get a hotel.

With this being parents weekend it’s incredibly hard to find.

Also means we have to be there by 8am for the tailgate.

Noon is right in his nap time.

Noon is the absolute worst time. With it being a streaming game I’m 90% sure Syracuse can pick the start time. Very poor decision to start this game at noon IF they had the option

Completely agree. I live 3 and a half hours away. And my sons are 16 so I don't even have to worry about their schedules. Noon games suck in every way. Not enough tailgate time at all.

I wonder if Holy Cross is busing home after the game and requested an early start time?

Coming from Rochester noon kick offs are the worst. To get there at 8am to tailgate I have to wake up at 4:30/5am. Only positive is I can watch some of the later games.

If you’re talking to the tailgate and diehard crowd, I totally get it.

Dare I say the majority of fans are not tailgating for hours before kickoff.