My addition to the Carrier Dome Food Court | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

My addition to the Carrier Dome Food Court

In-and-Out is so overrated. I just took my nephews Saturday night, and i drove an extra 20 miles afterward to get something else for myself. I'd seriously rather have McDs or Wendy's or Carl's Jr.

Have not yet tried Five Guys or Shake Shack, though. I hear good things. Good things.

Sporting venues have come to realize that they can grossly overcharge you for a soda or a beer without having to incur the cost of the soveneir cup to get that price.

We were not being grossly overcharged 15 years ago?

Typically a soda would have been $6, and same size in a souvenir cup (which probably cost $0.40) was $8.00. There wasn't much difference in profit margin - and I doubt strongly it was lower margin on souvenir cup sales. There had to be a demand for souvenir cups then that doesn’t exist now, or cup costs skyrocketed so people wouldn’t pay the differential anymore.

The thing I like about Shake Shack is that I don't feel disgusting after eating it. In addition to the food being delicious, it's a reasonable portion of comfort food for an adult human. Whereas whenever I have Five Guys (which isn't often), I always ask myself at the end of the meal "did I just acquire Diabetes in the past 15 minutes?"

growing up early 60's i fondly remember steak 'n shake in st pete's fla . served baked beans in a tiny crock.

Can put Taco Bell’s at each concession stand and change the name to the Taco Bell thunder dome
And add toilets.

There are tenders and fries at one of the lower bowl stands, along with onion rings, cheeseburgers, etc. not terrible especially for football with that 50% off coupon.

The thing I like about Shake Shack is that I don't feel disgusting after eating it. In addition to the food being delicious, it's a reasonable portion of comfort food for an adult human. Whereas whenever I have Five Guys (which isn't often), I always ask myself at the end of the meal "did I just acquire Diabetes in the past 15 minutes?"

That's my Dad's problem with Five Guys. He likes the food - just too much of it.

Nothing says CNY food like Sbarros Pizza, and tortilla chips with melted cheese whiz and green peppers.

I think Habit Burger is the superior California burger place tbh.
for chains in socal, i agree.
but up in napa there is a roadside joint called gott's roadside that is excellent. it used to be just the one joint but they've opened up several other locations in norcal over the last couple of years. i can't speak to their other locales, but the original in st. helena is one of the best burgers i've ever had. i consider myself a foodie & if forced to choose between the two, would rather go to gotts than to the french laundry.

for chains in socal, i agree.
but up in napa there is a roadside joint called gott's roadside that is excellent. it used to be just the one joint but they've opened up several other locations in norcal over the last couple of years. i can't speak to their other locales, but the original in st. helena is one of the best burgers i've ever had. i consider myself a foodie & if forced to choose between the two, would rather go to gotts than to the french laundry.
I still remember you recommending Umami. I'd hit that place again. Assuming it's still around.

I still remember you recommending Umami. I'd hit that place again. Assuming it's still around.
it was great when they had just a few locations . . . but they made what i consider to be radical changes to the menu as they scaled up. i don't go there anymore; haven't been back in well over a year

it was great when they had just a few locations . . . but they made what i consider to be radical changes to the menu as they scaled up. i don't go there anymore; haven't been back in well over a year
Well, that's a bummer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom