My Current Take - 12 Teams, 4 Spots | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Current Take - 12 Teams, 4 Spots

Without forcing you to read them so why are you complaining about people doing it
It is more about the state of the program that I am frustrated with. No frustrations or problems with people doing the analyses. Maybe things get better, this is all in the wake of the probation/sanctions. We had a real nice run from 2009-2014 after consecutive NITs in 2007, 2008. Hopefully, history repeats.

It is more about the state of the program that I am frustrated with. No frustrations or problems with people doing the analyses. Maybe things get better, this is all in the wake of the probation/sanctions. We had a real nice run from 2009-2014 after consecutive NITs in 2007, 2008. Hopefully, history repeats.
All it takes is 1 recruiting class. Next year could be that class.

We have every right to be 4 straight mediocre years is not acceptable.

Not upset with people who get pissed with these ... if they put the reasonable reason which it was.

Nevada loses to SAN Diego st.

Miss st is done after losing tonight. And I am knocking out Nebraska just to make it less daunting.

So we are down to 9 teams... 2 spots.

Nevada loses to SAN Diego st.

Miss st is done after losing tonight. And I am knocking out Nebraska just to make it less daunting.

So we are down to 9 teams... 2 spots.

agreed

This year I can accept last year not so much.

Yeah, last year sucked. Expectations going in only added to the suck.

This year we just don't have enough guys. Hard not to believe we deserve a shot in the first 4, based on the effort and how hard our guys fought this year. Overall resume seems to be right there...

The good is that we any further bubble buster is less than likely.

Here is the 9 for 2

St. Mary's (in per Matrix)
Louisville (in per Matrix)
Arizona St
Baylor
Middle Tennessee St
Syracuse
Oklahoma St
Marquette
Notre Dame

This is not going to be an easy job for the committee.

Here is the 9 for 2

Arizona St
Baylor
Middle Tennessee St
Syracuse
Oklahoma St
Marquette
Notre Dame

Man, I really don't get the St. Mary's love from all the bracketologists. Their resume is a complete joke, IMO. Their second best win would be Syracuse's 6th or 7th best win. If they didn't have that win over Gonzaga, I think they don't even sniff the bubble.

The Matrix is bugging me...we were 4th out 2 days in a row, and most current brackets were submitted before Friday's troubling games.

That said, a look at the teams in front of us was less than convincing to me, so that gives me some hope. Jncuse and Tom have kept hope alive, like that song Keep On Rocking In The Free World said.

This is what SI had to say about the Cuse:

Syracuse (20-13, RPI: 43, SOS: 17, Q1 record: 3-8, Q2 record: 2-3, sub-100 losses: 2)
After losing to North Carolina on Wednesday, Syracuse has to hope that it already had a strong enough résumé, and that its fellow bubble teams lose as soon as possible. That might be a bridge too far. Wins over Clemson and Louisville stand out, but the Orange have just six combined Q1 and Q2 wins. Oklahoma state has six Q1 wins. Baylor has four wins in Q1, including victories over Kansas and Texas Tech. Even Louisville, which lost to Syracuse, has four Q1 victories and, unlike the Orange, zero sub-100 losses. The Orange could still go either way, but they can’t do any more to strengthen their at-large case.

Here is there take on the rest of the bubble teams, if anyone is interested. The above made me less confident than I had been.
Bubble Watch: How Each Team on the Edge Can Secure a Spot in NCAA Tournament Field

Last edited:
Hate to say but you guys are dreaming if you think we are in. It's over. NIT. Accept our fate.

Hate to say but you guys are dreaming if you think we are in. It's over. NIT. Accept our fate.
It’s not a dream it’s an analysis 9 teams for what was four spots and is now two. If it was a dream explain why and where there’s two or three teams that are head and shoulders above Syracuse in the group I’m listening

Last edited by a moderator:

Here is the 9 for 2

Arizona St
Baylor
Middle Tennessee St
Syracuse
Oklahoma St
Marquette
Notre Dame

So, yesterday was a good day for us, solely in terms of metrics (which may translate into good news tomorrow - who knows?). SU gained a Q1 win (Buffalo moved Q2->Q1) and both MD and Toledo moved from Q3->Q2. So instead of being 3 and 2 (Q1 and Q2 wins), we have 4 and 3.

Going into yesterday
Q1 wins = 3
Q2 wins = 2
Q3 wins = 10
Q4 wins = 5

After yesterday
Q1 wins = 4
Q2 wins = 3
Q3 wins = 8
Q4 wins = 5

Can't hurt if it comes down to a coin flip between us and someone else.
upload_2018-3-10_7-25-59.gif

It’s not a dream it’s an analysis 9 teams for what was four spots and is now two. If it was a dream explain why and where there’s two or three teams that are head and shoulders above Syracuse in the group I’m listening
It's over. Accept reality

“How a team did in the last 10 games” isn’t an official criteria anymore. But committee members can’t (and won’t) ignore these complete 180s done by Arizona State and Oklahoma during the entirety of their conference season. It’s one thing to have a bad losing streak or slide to end the season, it’s another thing to epically collapse during the last TWO MONTHS of the season. It’s unacceptable and the committee won’t ignore it. Oklahoma hasn’t won a road game in two months. They’re 4-11 over their last 15. But at least they were losing to good teams in the Big 12. ASU on the other hand went 8-10 in the atrocious PAC 12 and hasn’t beat a tournament team in 2.5 months. Their 12-0 start was great with huge wins over Kansas and Xavier, but they’ve been exposed as middling team in conference play. They should not (and won’t) get in. Oklahoma is close but could get snubbed.

Last edited:
Palm has Arizona State, USC, Notre Dame and Louisville out.
Syracuse in.

So we need Arizona to beat USC tonight.
Maybe the committee doesn’t like the PAC-12.

Palm’s first four Oklahoma-Syracuse and St. Mary’s-Marquette.

That Clemson win is a lot bigger than I realized.
Also please Buffalo win that would make that win even more legit.

6 of our 8 tier one losses are to UVA, UNC, Duke, Kansas
Those are 1-2 seeds.
That is unprecedented in the nation.

Our nonconference SOS is 15.
The committee is going to see this stuff.

The numbers are better for us this year than last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom