My experience as a BC bball season ticket holder | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My experience as a BC bball season ticket holder

but depaul, south floirda, marquette, and cincy do nothing for me. I don't get excited for those games.

NC State, Maryland, Clemson, Virginia...maybe only slightly better talent wise will at least be more interesting for a while in the short term.

I can see some fans being less interested in the home schedule when they look and see a bunch of school names that they are not used to playing. Lets break it down though.

UNC & Duke will always draw a crowd and excite the fans. Even in down years they will still be Duke and UNC and they will always have big name coaches even after K and Roy are done.

Pitt is always going to draw a crowd and them coming with us will likely strengthen our fan bases connection with each other.

BC is a traditional longtime conference apponent for any fan who's 25+ years old. BC should benefit from Pitt and SU to the ACC and I expect the longer UConn is in the BE the more they will benefit with bball and fball. They will probably never challenge us in bball but they can improve and become a good team again.

MD will become a rival IMO. They already fight us for bball recruits (at least out of their backyard) and they are more east coast geographically than any of the original ACC schools. I think we will beat up on them pretty good for a few years but they are going to be a team that is important for us to be better than as a program and I think fans will grasp that.

NCST, WAKE, VIR and Tech are all teams that will benefit from the eventual crumble of the BE as a THE east coast bball power. They will start to get a better quality of players over time and become much better programs IMO.

Clemson, FSU and Miami are fball schools and that alone will bring fans out to watch us smack them in bball since it may be a while before we can really compete with them in fball.

I think the really big thing is that an unstable BE bball league minus two of its elite programs and with (UConn, Lville and WVU) 2 elite +1 really good program trying to get out (not to mention those 3 really good coaches) makes the ACC a more desirable destination for big time eastern talent long term. It also will make it the place to coach as the middling and lower level schools get better and better talent. This move will effectively kill the BE as a bball power IMO (may still take some time) and it has already moved the ACC into the position of best east coast bball conference especially with the media.

"I can see some fans being less interested in the home schedule when they look and see a bunch of school names that they are not used to playing."

I follow college hoops teams throughout the country and am very familiar with all of the teams in the ACC. It is not a case of SU fans being less interested in having home games against schools they are not used to playing. The main reason I expect some fans to be less enamored by our league home schedules is because there have been far more quality teams in the Big East than in the ACC in recent years.

Syracuse has home games this year against Marquette, Pitt, West Virginia, Georgetown, UConn, and Louisville. As much as I am looking forward to joining the ACC, it is hard for me to imagine us having such an attractive slate of home games during our first season in the league.

I know there is going to be big upgrade in the quality of play in ACC football but we should not forget how good BE hoops has been during the last four or five years.

Go Orange!

I agree that BE bball as been great the last 5 years and we are probably not going to see as good a product the first few years in the ACC. Its still going to be on par with the BE product the first year and better than it as time goes on IMO. SU and Pitt switching and going to the ACC is going to hurt the BE product big time as well as BE recruiting IMO and its going to help the ACC.

jordoo said:

Syracuse has home games this year against Marquette, Pitt, West Virginia, Georgetown, UConn, and Louisville. As much as I am looking forward to joining the ACC, it is hard for me to imagine us having such an attractive slate of home games during our first season in the league.​

Go Orange!​
Pitt of cousrse is a wash, then trade UNC for UCONN, Duke for Louisville, all top 10- teams TV execs would force.

UVA for West VA and Maryland for G-town is not that much different, perhaps this year while MD is down unless their 7 foot guy from overseas is superb, but they will be back soon, before Cuse is in ACC.

Roy Williams for Jim Calhoun, coach K for Rick Pitino, Tony Bennett for Huggy Bear and Mark Turgeon for JT3, again an edge for last two offest by opposite edge for the first two.

As long as you are talking only home game impact, senior laden FSU with Leonard Hamilton plays a BE style of defense first led by Bernard James and junior Michael Snaer, or Miami with former GMU coach Jim Larranaga, Reggie Johnson back in January, Malcolm Grant and Durand Scott, are a tad better overall this year than UVA and MD but obviously distance, and in FSU's case graduations, would prevent them being a wash the next year on road games.

Your point that BE had had more good mid-tier teams than ACC is valid, but that is due to 16 teams versus ACC's 12.

There are also more crappy teams in BE than in ACC even this year when BC, GA Tech, Wake and Maryland are all down to same level as Rutgers, USF, Providence, Seton Hall, Depaul and TCU.

At the top, BE had the edge while it has Cuse and Pitt but that reverses when those 2 join ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom