My farewell post until it's time to do it again | Syracusefan.com

My farewell post until it's time to do it again

TigerSmith

Walk On
Hi guys!

Sorry to take so long to get back here. We attended the game then drove home last night. Didn't get settled until late and I was way too tired to open the computer.

1) What a game!!

2) The only comparison I saw between 2018 and 2017 was that the score was close. Last year I felt like we overlooked a capable opponent, didn't like the idea of playing on Friday night and basically slept walked through most of the game. We paid the price for our arrogance.

Clemson wasn't overlooking anyone or anything this year. If you had hung on and won this game (as I fully expected at the beginning of the 4th quarter), it would have simply been a case of your best effort beating our best effort. This edition of the Orange is a very good football team.

3) I enjoyed visiting with every Syracuse fan that I ran into. We even sat beside a couple who lives in SC. They came to the game with their Clemson neighbors. Good people. I also had a great visit at our tailgate with the mother and sister of one of your players.

4) Based on the admiration and loyalty they (player's mother and sister) expressed for Dino, it's clear that he has this team locked in and willing to run through brick walls for him. You guys need to do what it takes to keep him. It's only going to get better if he stays.

5) I hope everyone who came had a good experience and a safe trip home.

I think we have the foundation for a great rivalry going forward. Syracuse is a good team that is learning how to be great. I told a couple of your fans that I hope you play South Carolina in a bowl and stomp a mud hole in them. I thought about that some more and concluded that your team is probably destined for a much better bowl than they are so let that thought go. I think you should have New Year's Six in your sites. The playoff spot is still ours (I hope!!).

Have a great rest of the season my friends! I'll be pulling for you.

See you next year!

TigerSmith
aka Jared (Jake) Smith

I might just do that. Thanks!

Never been to the Clemson campus, although I have heard only great things. Looking forward to getting out there for the first time in March for a Saturday hoops game.

Good luck the rest of the way this fall.

Hi guys!

Sorry to take so long to get back here. We attended the game then drove home last night. Didn't get settled until late and I was way too tired to open the computer.

1) What a game!!

2) The only comparison I saw between 2018 and 2017 was that the score was close. Last year I felt like we overlooked a capable opponent, didn't like the idea of playing on Friday night and basically slept walked through most of the game. We paid the price for our arrogance.

Clemson wasn't overlooking anyone or anything this year. If you had hung on and won this game (as I fully expected at the beginning of the 4th quarter), it would have simply been a case of your best effort beating our best effort. This edition of the Orange is a very good football team.

3) I enjoyed visiting with every Syracuse fan that I ran into. We even sat beside a couple who lives in SC. They came to the game with their Clemson neighbors. Good people. I also had a great visit at our tailgate with the mother and sister of one of your players.

4) Based on the admiration and loyalty they (player's mother and sister) expressed for Dino, it's clear that he has this team locked in and willing to run through brick walls for him. You guys need to do what it takes to keep him. It's only going to get better if he stays.

I think we have the foundation for a great rivalry going forward. Syracuse is a good team that is learning how to be great. I told a couple of your fans that I hope you play South Carolina in a bowl and stomp a mud hole in them. I thought about that some more and concluded that your team is probably destined for a much better bowl than they are so let that thought go. I think you should have New Year's Six in your sites. The playoff spot is still ours (I hope!!).

See you next year!

TigerSmith
aka Jared (Jake) Smith
Don't be a stranger. You're always welcome here.

Thanks for stopping by... Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Hi guys!

1) What a game!!

See you next year!

TigerSmith
aka Jared (Jake) Smith
Jared, please tell your fellow Tiger fans that we are not in any way dirty. I read that from more than one poster on your board. Syracuse was not and shouldn't have been flagged for the two hits that knocked your qb's out of the game the last two years.

Jared, please tell your fellow Tiger fans that we are not in any way dirty. I read that from more than one poster on your board. Syracuse was not and shouldn't have been flagged for the two hits that knocked your qb's out of the game the last two years.
One of my comments on my first day back this year was about how much I enjoy the fact that this board is actively moderated. I'm sure morons appear here but I get the impression that they don't get to stay long.

Don't get me wrong. I love Tigernet. I was one of the first regulars there in the fall of 1995. At the time, the current owners were Computer Science undergrads and Tigernet was a junior class project. It was wonderful for a long time. We didn't miss a single night in the chat room and almost all of us became "in person" friends. The original crowd rarely posts there these days. We talk on Facebook, Twitter or at tailgates. It's still the best site for Clemson news. David and Nikki Hood do a great job of reporting anything worth hearing 45 minutes before anyone else gets it. It's just that it's grown way too big. Personal attacks and profanity are about the only things that are off limits. That gives complete jackasses lots of room to roam.

If you can tell those guys anything, you're welcome to try. I gave up long ago.

I'd bet anything those same posters thought it was awesome when Boulware suplexed Strickland two years ago - I wouldn't worry about that kind of garbage.

I'd bet anything those same posters thought it was awesome when Boulware suplexed Strickland two years ago - I wouldn't worry about that kind of garbage.
Great point

Pleasure having you, TigerSmith,

Congrats on the win. Hurt on this end. As far as any rivalry you speak of... I think it takes us winning next year, at the dome, for it to be real on the Clemson end... Any decent rivalry requires a fair exchange of pain... In that case, I'm all for it ;-)

Best of luck the rest of the rest of the way... Beat 'bama!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom