My first season as a Cuse fan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My first season as a Cuse fan

Dell Plaine!! Unfortunately, hooping runs are now at the Barnes Center. Still lots of good runs
I should have said…. “The arch”. Do they have courts still in Flanagan gym over the walkway across the arch?

They do. Intermural games were there on Saturday mornings.. lots of hungover battles
Is the Barnes center closer Marshall? Didn’t know they built a gym in there.

Don’t feel bad. My freshman year was ‘68-‘69 which was rock bottom. The only place to go was up. Fortunately expectations were low (relative to recent years) and the program making the NIT in my Junior and Senior years felt like we had arrived. There are those on this board who believe that if changes are not made soon we will be longing for a .500 team. Have faith that all of this will pass in time and that we will see the program rebound once Jim has sailed into the sunset.
Actually 1961-1962 was rock bottom we went 2-22, and Guley was gone Fred Lewis took over.

As a Freshman at Syracuse this is my first year as a real fan of the team. Seeing this chat in shambles is all is just so depressing. I came into this hearing “Cardiac Cuse,” and somehow believed they would turn it around at some point. It’s pretty clear that the first losing season since the 1968-69 season is about to happen… I pray the rest of my life as a Cuse fan isn’t this miserable.
As CuseTroop alluded to - just do what every freshman does..
pbr.jpg

As a Freshman at Syracuse this is my first year as a real fan of the team. Seeing this chat in shambles is all is just so depressing. I came into this hearing “Cardiac Cuse,” and somehow believed they would turn it around at some point. It’s pretty clear that the first losing season since the 1968-69 season is about to happen… I pray the rest of my life as a Cuse fan isn’t this miserable.
Downside: Your first season is the worst season in over 50 years.

Upside: This is the team's worst season in 50 years. It hasn't happened often and never under Boeheim. If that next 50 are half as successful as the last fifty, you'll be ok.

Regarding the board, I think Nycfan put it best:

1643226881913.png

I think his attitude is the attitude of quite a few posters on this board.

So, unfortunately, what you are left with is a core group of 10-20 posters who think they are this guy:

1643227030522.png

and that hijacking every thread and incessantly repeating the same points over and over and over again ad nauseum has us all riveted to our seats in breathless anticipation of their next utterance.

Apparently, the more you repeat something, the more true it becomes and the more interesting it is to read - or something along those lines.

BTW, no offense, but the dorm is Dellplain.

Anyway, hopefully things turn around with both programs and your four years will have some of the highs that most other undergrads have experienced since JB took over the reins in the mid-seventies.

Thanks for all the well-wishes.. I love this school and still have hope we’ll turn it around. (I’ve seen Benny eating at the dining hall he looks depressed)
Has he seen how many different types of cereal there are?

Thanks for all the well-wishes.. I love this school and still have hope we’ll turn it around. (I’ve seen Benny eating at the dining hall he looks depressed)
And then you went over to cheer him up, right? Right?

Downside: Your first season is the worst season in over 50 years.

Upside: This is the team's worst season in 50 years. It hasn't happened often and never under Boeheim. If that next 50 are half as successful as the last fifty, you'll be ok.

Regarding the board, I think Nycfan put it best:

View attachment 213255

I think his attitude is the attitude of quite a few posters on this board.

So, unfortunately, what you are left with is a core group of 10-20 posters who think they are this guy:

View attachment 213256

and that hijacking every thread and incessantly repeating the same points over and over and over again ad nauseum has us all riveted to our seats in breathless anticipation of their next utterance.

Apparently, the more you repeat something, the more true it becomes and the more interesting it is to read - or something along those lines.

BTW, no offense, but the dorm is Dellplain.

Anyway, hopefully things turn around with both programs and your four years will have some of the highs that most other undergrads have experienced since JB took over the reins in the mid-seventies.
this board needs more nycfan

Actually 1961-1962 was rock bottom we went 2-22, and Guley was gone Fred Lewis took over.
You are correct. I should have qualified my post as that my freshman year was the rock bottom of my SU fandom. I did know of the horrible record SU had pre-Dave Bing but it was not in my memory banks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom