My Fran Brown run in | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Fran Brown run in

Thought I’d share this story given enough time has passed. I’m going into my last year at Cuse, and absolutely love this school and the Falk Program. I was a junior last year and was forced to live off campus, opting to live on Lancaster Street, which runs adjacent to Euclid Ave.

In early December of last year three friends and I were playing some beer die on our front lawn (it was freezing but it sounded more fun than attending lecture). Out of nowhere, up drove a large black SUV…. and out hopped newly hired Fran Brown. My friends and I pay attention to Cuse sports quite well, so we immediately knew who he was and were trying not to nerd out.

He hopped out of the truck and asked if he could get a toss. We obviously said yes. On his first toss Fran proceeds to throw one of the most gorgeous tosses I’ve ever seen and sank the opposing teams cup (effectively ending the game). If you aren’t familiar with beer die this is a one in a hundred thing to happen and is something people talk about for ages.

Anyways, my buddies and I started going nuts and running around, but all Fran said before hopping back into the SUV was, “I’m Fran MF Brown, get used to this shi*.”

One of the coolest moments of my life. I also apologize for the wordiness, just trying to describe it like it happened.
I'm Fran MF Brown...Haha...that is effin awesome! Great story man.
IMG_0139.gif

I'm glad you didn't record it on your phones and have to add it's pretty intelligent of your group to NOT have those phones around while playing a drinking game. I am so thankful we didn't have those things around back in my younger days as I can't even imagine the stupid things we would have done being recorded.

Thought I’d share this story given enough time has passed. I’m going into my last year at Cuse, and absolutely love this school and the Falk Program. I was a junior last year and was forced to live off campus, opting to live on Lancaster Street, which runs adjacent to Euclid Ave.

In early December of last year three friends and I were playing some beer die on our front lawn (it was freezing but it sounded more fun than attending lecture). Out of nowhere, up drove a large black SUV…. and out hopped newly hired Fran Brown. My friends and I pay attention to Cuse sports quite well, so we immediately knew who he was and were trying not to nerd out.

He hopped out of the truck and asked if he could get a toss. We obviously said yes. On his first toss Fran proceeds to throw one of the most gorgeous tosses I’ve ever seen and sank the opposing teams cup (effectively ending the game). If you aren’t familiar with beer die this is a one in a hundred thing to happen and is something people talk about for ages.

Anyways, my buddies and I started going nuts and running around, but all Fran said before hopping back into the SUV was, “I’m Fran MF Brown, get used to this shi*.”

One of the coolest moments of my life. I also apologize for the wordiness, just trying to describe it like it happened.
He then said, "tell upperdeck not to worry about his seats for football, I will make sure he gets the seats he so desires"

This is absolutely who I want as the head coach of my football team. AWESOME

that's an awesome story. I love that Fran is a normal person. we've had a run of abnormal coaches on the hill who seem to be completely withdrawn from teh student body.

I don't recall one story ever of Jim Boeheim or Coach P walking around campus talking with the rank and file of the Syracuse University population. Ivory tower hopefully is being removed from athletic experience and the normal student body experience.

that's an awesome story. I love that Fran is a normal person. we've had a run of abnormal coaches on the hill who seem to be completely withdrawn from teh student body.

I don't recall one story ever of Jim Boeheim or Coach P walking around campus talking with the rank and file of the Syracuse University population. Ivory tower hopefully is being removed from athletic experience and the normal student body experience.
I remember Coach Boeheim bringing pizzas to the students who were camped outside the Dome waiting to buy tickets.

I know there has been an infusion of nil dollars to support Fran, but the confidence and bravado that he has tells you how he could sell something that he has conviction in. I mean the fact that he comes here and immediately starts talking about winning championships and how he will go up against anyone for a recruit is impressive, not because he said it but because he obviously believes it. That kind of attitude is infectious.

I know there has been an infusion of nil dollars to support Fran, but the confidence and bravado that he has tells you how he could sell something that he has conviction in. I mean the fact that he comes here and immediately starts talking about winning championships and how he will go up against anyone for a recruit is impressive, not because he said it but because he obviously believes it. That kind of attitude is infectious.
I thought this part of it was the typical coach speak when he first got here. But I've heard him deliver the message in smaller settings...and man, does he mean it. He has a northeast sense of pride and a winning mentality that's infectious.

I also remember him going through the dorms talking to students and drumming up support.
he gets remembered as a curmudgeon but he was always happy to talk to students and engage in that stuff. he really appreciated the fans and the support he got over the years, even when he was mad at us.

Coach Jack is also super into the community stuff. Honestly, with Coach Jack, Red and FB, we have a trio of coaches who really care about the community. It's nice.

I never saw Jimmy at Day or Flint when i was there in 1993. I did see Moten late night and we'll leave that story for another day...he def utilized his scoring ability that night
Ha. I was in Day hall in 89. Oh that marvelous walk up those stairs every day. Good times though.

he gets remembered as a curmudgeon but he was always happy to talk to students and engage in that stuff. he really appreciated the fans and the support he got over the years, even when he was mad at us.

Coach Jack is also super into the community stuff. Honestly, with Coach Jack, Red and FB, we have a trio of coaches who really care about the community. It's nice.

Yup, that trio is awesome

It would be awesome if they could get those three out on the road in NYS and try to get all of upstate NY involved.

It’s a new era at Cuse and these three are the perfect three to lead it

I'd add in Coach McIntyre, too.

He’s got the keys to the program and he’s driving it all over this mofo

Ha. I was in Day hall in 89. Oh that marvelous walk up those stairs every day. Good times though.
Up those stairs and for the jack*ss in all of us, those brave enough to walk on the roof above the mt olympus stairs.

I still call BS on Boeheim walking around the halls of Day and Flint and playing grab*ss with the undergrads. Guy wasn't social on a good day. Just a preposterous thought. The king rarely came to the Hill absent a trip to the Dome.

And because he is doing what he said he would do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom