My official Nerlens Noel prediction... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My official Nerlens Noel prediction...

Its not about the staff or about anyones advice.

Its about Noel being to step up around DC2 and Rak and do the things they can't well.
If he wants the challenge!

Gtown can't give him two studs to do that with, nor one of the best 3 PG's and passing point guards in the nation. Nor the SF explosive firepower of CJ Fair. And everyone in the country knows that deep down inside.

I know this has no bearing but the number of #noel2cuse tweets is staggering, there is literally 1 #noel2gtown tweet.
Haha, because they have no fans. Im not gonna hate Noel if he picks Gtown, well I might a little, but hes going to be in for a rude awakening when Rak dunks on him at the Verizon Center and the crowd starts cheering.

I really believe he come to Cuse.
"His play on the fab 5" or is it fab 3 now?
This kid is ours too lose, the only thing that makes me nervous was the Oregon situation. (shabazz and noel to UK)

How annoying is a post similar to the following:

"I am going to end the speculation and say Noel goes to Syracuse.
I do however, have a good source that says he is headed to Kentucky.
I would be doing a disservice if I didn't tell you my gut says Georgetown.
You heard it here folks. I'm always right!"

So irritating.

I dont see how gtown can outdo our staff in recruiting since we got midnight madness, uconn game, hopkins on him the longest etc...while gtown got his visit on selection sunday, i guess nerlens mom was really won over by jt3, cant think of any other reason...o well, i hope mcw pulls a god gift on noel in dc
While I don't think GTown is "Big Man U", they do run their offense (while boring) through their center, which would clearly be Noel next year.

They don't have the talent around him that we would, nor do they have a shot at the national title, but he'd pretty much be the point-center there and I think it would really help his game. Defensively everyone knows what he can do, but offensively is where he has to improve and show off his skill set, and GTown's system might be the best for that...

While I don't think GTown is "Big Man U", they do run their offense (while boring) through their center, which would clearly be Noel next year.

They don't have the talent around him that we would, nor do they have a shot at the national title, but he'd pretty much be the point-center there and I think it would really help his game. Defensively everyone knows what he can do, but offensively is where he has to improve and show off his skill set, and GTown's system might be the best for that...

If they dont run their offense through porter ala jeff green than jt3 is dumber than i thought, noel is very raw offensively

If they dont run their offense through porter ala jeff green than jt3 is dumber than i thought, noel is very raw offensively
I'm assuming JT3 is pitching that to Noel though, what else could he pitch?

"Um, we'll be top 25 with you!"
"You can play with Nate Lubbick"
"Your PG will be Markel Starks, not Michael Carter-Williams"
"We're Big Man U, we've had 2 good centers here since you've been born!"
"We sell out our arena once a year, but that's only when Syracuse plays, and it's mostly Syracuse fans"

I've never seen Noel so I'm not sure what his passing/decision-making is like, but the GTown board seems to think they'll run the O through him...That is the ONLY reason he'd go there. I get his mom likes JT3, but I doubt that's the #1 factor in his decision.

I'm assuming JT3 is pitching that to Noel though, what else could he pitch?

"Um, we'll be top 25 with you!"
"You can play with Nate Lubbick"
"Your PG will be Markel Starks, not Michael Carter-Williams"
"We're Big Man U, we've had 2 good centers here since you've been born!"
"We sell out our arena once a year, but that's only when Syracuse plays, and it's mostly Syracuse fans"

I've never seen Noel so I'm not sure what his passing/decision-making is like, but the GTown board seems to think they'll run the O through him...That is the ONLY reason he'd go there. I get his mom likes JT3, but I doubt that's the #1 factor in his decision.
I think you should tweet him those selling points haha.

If he goes to Gtown, imo it means he doesnt want any competition.
Isn't this exactly why Tobias Harris chose UT? He was given the keys to the offense, he wanted to play "point forward" in the weak SEC. At SU he would have been behind Rick and Kris, and come off the bench. Now he's playing 3 mpg in the NBA and will most likely be gone after his first contract expires.

I think we are making too much of his twitter comments like Jake said. The only one I thought was informative was the one where his mom didn't sign off on it yet, which would indicate he chose a place wasn't her number 1. Which would mean cuse or kentucky. If a kid like this wants to be serious about actually winning a title he would of gone to kentucky or us. And he would of tried to get Muhammad on board-that would of been a no brainer.

Are there any players on UK or Gtown tweeting for/with Noel. We have DC2 MCW Rak all tweeting with Noel and Grant tweeting to persuade Noel to come here.

jake, the problem could also be that this kid hasn't told anyone.

Having said all that, and I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but I bet for the past ten years, in every very, very public recruiting battle (Hodge, D Sims, T. Harris, F Melo etc) that we’ve had, if we were getting the kid, I (and others) knew at least a day ahead of the announcement. I’ve heard nothing.

Therefore, my prediction…is the Hoyas.

By my math, we arent eliminated with that logic for another 10+ hrs.

jake, the problem could also be that this kid hasn't told anyone.
Unless MCW is just playing dumb he doesnt seem like he knows and from what Ive heard MCW and his family is as close with Noel as you can be if youre not his mom.

I thought this too, he explicitly said "unless you are me or my mom you dont know anything because my mother has to sign off on it and she hasnt signed off yet." To me, that was a horrible statement for Gtown considering thats his mom's choice.

If he goes to Gtown, imo it means he doesnt want any competition. He would get pushed at UK and especially at Cuse by the talent behind and around him. Gtown would crown him King of the Universe. I honestly cant think of any other reason Gtown is a good fit. I guess he really likes throwing back door passes.

Either that, or it could mean he hasn't told his mom his decision yet? Or, he hasn't even totally made the decision yet. Who knows? He's a 17 year old kid, he could just be messing with everyone. That's probably what I would do if I were in his shoes.

Maybe he just likes Gtown. Had a good visit, something like that.

I couldn't care less. Well I do care actually, but NN is a luxury to us. That's more than I can say for the Hoyas or Kentucky.

If he wants to come here, great. If not, we'll be fine.

The sad thing is that if he goes elsewhere that IMMEDIATELY means that he was paid off in the minds of some Syracuse fans.,

I always thought that the syracuse coaches officially heard about Julius Hodges decision after Fishy posted it on this board.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I always thought that the syracuse coaches officially heard about Julius Hodges decision after Fishy posted it on this board.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
ah, the good old days before Tweeter

A lot of good points here, just my gut feeling. Hope I'm wrong. FWIW, I did not see him mention that he needed his mom to sign off on his choice- I must have missed that. That would clearly be good news for us.
The fact he said his mom hasn't signed off yet tells me two things:
He's made up his mind
He's told his mom

He wouldn't say she hasn't signed off yet if he hasn't told her his decision right?

All reports are his mom favors GU. I guarantee you UK is playing the "we'll get your son in the NBA asap he'll be a millionaire in 14 months" card. SU might not be making these guarantees. Throw in our scandals and I'm 99% SU is his mother's last choice of the 3. Maybe he just needs to convince her to sign off on SU. :noidea:

The fact he said his mom hasn't signed off yet tells me two things:
He's made up his mind
He's told his mom

He wouldn't say she hasn't signed off yet if he hasn't told her his decision right?

All reports are his mom favors GU. I guarantee you UK is playing the "we'll get your son in the NBA asap he'll be a millionaire in 14 months" card. SU might not be making these guarantees. Throw in our scandals and I'm 99% SU is his mother's last choice of the 3. Maybe he just needs to convince her to sign off on SU. :noidea:

or maybe he was just trying to show some girls that he is a 'momma's boy'.

oldest trick in the book. even hot shot 18 yr olds need game too. Picking up girls is like law. You don't work it, you practice it.

If you were looking for the bland and drab, safe choice, then it's GTown. UK will be all hype, Anthony Davis, blah, blah, blah. It won't be all hugs and kisses. One could argue that the issues SU faced off the court last season put us in a similar spot light category, but not nearly as positive. Plus, Fab Melo wasn't exactly the poster child for good academic progress. His problem alone would make some parents hesitate.

One year at GTown would be a quiet one, for sure. If he chooses the Hoyas, so be it. Although, I'm holding out hope that Jake will get a late evening phone call from Deep Throat hinting at better news. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom