My Orange Brothers BronxHoya is back | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Orange Brothers BronxHoya is back

DumbThread.jpg

so approximately 1/6th of this fanbase has any brains whatsoever.

Who knows what the kid is thinking is the right answer. The rest of you four fingered Lucy's are going to bash him unmercifully if and when he does not select SU.

Proceed on your way to oblivion proletarian fools.

moron.jpg

Moral of the story is... you have no "Orange Brothers". Reason being that no SU fans mother is a Hoya

Who knows what the kid is thinking is the right answer. The rest of you four fingered Lucy's are going to bash him unmercifully if and when he does not select SU.

j5-phil-jackson-o.gif

I am looking forward to your thread over here when he doesn't pick GU

Buzz off, twerp.

Patrick Ewing can't read this thread.

Just so we're 100% clear... God hates you. In every denomination on earth.

To be fair to the guy, KY and SU were the expected picks, and the fact the Georgetown unexpectedly made the final 3 showed that something about that school stood out to him and/or his mother. It doesn't necessarily mean he is going there, but it certainly is noteworthy in my opinion.

The much heralded "inside info" this morning or last night basically said the same thing I had thought on my own for quite some time: nobody knows for sure, and everyone is still in the running. Some people are talking like they might know something without really saying anything of substance. With that method they obtain worship if it works out, and have no liability if it doesn't. I literally could have said the exact same thing, and have been thinking it. Man, this is how cults work. I know this is the offseason and this is THE most exciting thing to talk about at the moment, but when you take a step back sometimes this whole thing looks comical, no?

Sorry for going off people, but NN has become like a demi-god that is worshiped here, and I don't really care for the lack of class we are showing this Hoya fan. If it were a Duke, UNC, or KY fan, I'd have less empathy. With that said, I can think of logical reasons for SU and KY more easily than Georgetown, but our reasons don't matter as much as NN's and his mom's. Ask not what NN can do for you, but ask yourselves what you can do for NN. I know I haven't earned seniority here like some, but I hope I am making some sense at least. If not, I am willing to learn.

I think this thread was started because Georgetown fans can't stand how irrelevant they are to us, so they have to attempt to troll(Hey guys, Georgetown hasn't been eliminated yet!! Aren't you jealous? Talk about Georgetown now!) to dredge up emotion.

Go to Hoya Talk. They can't get through a thread without some poster proving to the other lemmings how much he hates Syracuse. They bring up Bernie five times more than the Scandal Board does. In a way, hating Syracuse is more important than liking Georgetown, which is a scary thought for them with the possibility of us not playing in the future. Here? I'm not even sure anyone cares(in relation to the other ranked teams we play) outside of Nerlens and a couple of jokes relating to Georgetown sucking at specific times of day or doubting Patrick Ewing's literacy.

I think the younger set, who weren't big fans in the 80's, especially just sees them as another game and I really don't think that's the case for their side of it. The Syracuse game is the Super Bowl for them and in the group of about 3-4 other teams here.

Why wouldn't Noel want to go to Georgetown? Think of all they offer:

- Playing on a fringe top-25 team in his only year in college hoops;
- Being supported by the only fanbase in America nerdier than Duke's is quite intriguing;
- Enjoying home crowds packed with 6 or even 7 thousand Georgetown fans (on a good Saturday night);
- Playing in front of 12 thousand *cough* Syracuse *cough* fans on senior night at the Verizon Center;
- Getting beaten up by a Chinese team in pre-season games;
- And let's not forget their recent tournament success.

You have to face it -- Georgetown is a b*tch team that's about to be playing in a b*tch league. In five years your basketball team will be about as relevant as your football team. The only thing Noel would bring you is hope that you might be the best team in the greater-DC area in 2012/13.

I just thought of something... How awesome would it be if Nerlens Noel is actually a gigantic Syracuse fan and he is just waiting until April 11th to reveal it. On April 11th he appears on ESPN... Before he makes his big announcement he stands up and yells into the mic... Your mother is a Hoya! As he says this Orange fireworks explode all around him... He's so hardcore Syracuse that he took the opportunity to troll the out of Georgetown just to piss off their 334 person fan base.

I just thought of something... How awesome would it be if Nerlens Noel is actually a gigantic Syracuse fan and he is just waiting until April 11th to reveal it. On April 11th he appears on ESPN... Before he makes his big announcement he stands up and yells into the mic... Your mother is a Hoya! As he says this Orange fireworks explode all around him... He's so hardcore Syracuse that he took the opportunity to troll the **** out of Georgetown just to piss off their 334 person fan base.
Haha that'd be classic.

"Your mother's a Hoya!"
"sUcK my big blue balls kentucky nation!"
"I'm playing for Cuse, F y'all, I'm out. MCW I'll see you soon bro."

Then he slaps his fingers together Ali-G style and says "Respect" and throws the mic against the wall.

Proletarian? So that word of the day calendar is paying off for you!

Proletarian? So that word of the day calendar is paying off for you!
I think it's hilarious that Georgetown fans' last line of defense comeback is, "Oh yeah? Well we went to a better school than you! :p "

For anybody that hasn't perused hoyatalk.com, go snoop around there for about 2 minutes if you ever feel your hatred of G'Town waning.

Holier-than-thou, sanctimonious ... a giant circle-jerk, really.

See, I can use big words too.

Haha that'd be classic.

"Your mother's a Hoya!"
"sUcK my big blue balls kentucky nation!"
"I'm playing for Cuse, F y'all, I'm out. MCW I'll see you soon bro."

Then he slaps his fingers together Ali-G style and says "Respect" and throws the mic against the wall.

Great...I laughed so much it brought a tear to my eye...

Gentlemen why all the outrage? I have come to you as a brother!

In some forms I agree with you. Our fanbase is small this is true. The Hoya board is like this forum in that people are totally unrealistic and lie to themselves despite what reality is. Go against the grain over there and the pack mentality kicks in. Very childish sadly but people are people. One fool makes many.

I like JT3 as a man but as a gameday coach he is suspect at best. He coaches very timidly which is so different from his father. The kids develop under his tutelage but our slow offense keeps games close and we are prone to scoring droughts. I also despise his recruitment of point guards. Guards win games at this level and JT3 has yet to adjust to that fact. Also our teams are soft although this team still soft took a step in the right direction.

It seems JT3 is finally realizing better talent makes him a better coach. He has upgraded his assistants who are doing a great job for him. In terms of recruiting he had lost his way prior to last year. I am sure you guys dont know what we have but let me tell you honestly IF we get Noel and this kid Pollard out of Mississippi this will be the best Gtown since Alonzo's frosh year. Counting the aforementioned 2 frosh I am saying we could have at least 5 NBA players on the roster next year.

Ok carry on I have said enough. Back to you guys saying Noel will be wasting his time at Gtown.

Happy Easter Central NY.

Gentlemen why all the outrage? I have come to you as a brother!

In some forms I agree with you. Our fanbase is small this is true. The Hoya board is like this forum in that people are totally unrealistic and lie to themselves despite what reality is. Go against the grain over there and the pack mentality kicks in. Very childish sadly but people are people. One fool makes many.

I like JT3 as a man but as a gameday coach he is suspect at best. He coaches very timidly which is so different from his father. The kids develop under his tutelage but our slow offense keeps games close and we are prone to scoring droughts. I also despise his recruitment of point guards. Guards win games at this level and JT3 has yet to adjust to that fact. Also our teams are soft although this team still soft took a step in the right direction.

It seems JT3 is finally realizing better talent makes him a better coach. He has upgraded his assistants who are doing a great job for him. In terms of recruiting he had lost his way prior to last year. I am sure you guys dont know what we have but let me tell you honestly IF we get Noel and this kid Pollard out of Mississippi this will be the best Gtown since Alonzo's frosh year. Counting the aforementioned 2 frosh I am saying we could have at least 5 NBA players on the roster next year.

Ok carry on I have said enough. Back to you guys saying Noel will be wasting his time at Gtown.

Happy Easter Central NY.

I tried to make an account at hoya talk to actually discuss things like an adult and they denied me bc i didnt have a gtown email address lol, typical...