My Orange Brothers BronxHoya is back | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Orange Brothers BronxHoya is back

Gentlemen why all the outrage? I have come to you as a brother!

In some forms I agree with you. Our fanbase is small this is true. The Hoya board is like this forum in that people are totally unrealistic and lie to themselves despite what reality is. Go against the grain over there and the pack mentality kicks in. Very childish sadly but people are people. One fool makes many.

I like JT3 as a man but as a gameday coach he is suspect at best. He coaches very timidly which is so different from his father. The kids develop under his tutelage but our slow offense keeps games close and we are prone to scoring droughts. I also despise his recruitment of point guards. Guards win games at this level and JT3 has yet to adjust to that fact. Also our teams are soft although this team still soft took a step in the right direction.

It seems JT3 is finally realizing better talent makes him a better coach. He has upgraded his assistants who are doing a great job for him. In terms of recruiting he had lost his way prior to last year. I am sure you guys dont know what we have but let me tell you honestly IF we get Noel and this kid Pollard out of Mississippi this will be the best Gtown since Alonzo's frosh year. Counting the aforementioned 2 frosh I am saying we could have at least 5 NBA players on the roster next year.

Ok carry on I have said enough. Back to you guys saying Noel will be wasting his time at Gtown.

Happy Easter Central NY.

You seem like a nice enough guy so I have to ask... why be a Hoya fan?

In some forms I agree with you. Our fanbase is small this is true. The Hoya board is like this forum in that people are totally unrealistic and lie to themselves despite what reality is. Go against the grain over there and the pack mentality kicks in. Very childish sadly but people are people. One fool makes many.

I like JT3 as a man but as a gameday coach he is suspect at best. He coaches very timidly which is so different from his father. The kids develop under his tutelage but our slow offense keeps games close and we are prone to scoring droughts. I also despise his recruitment of point guards. Guards win games at this level and JT3 has yet to adjust to that fact. Also our teams are soft although this team still soft took a step in the right direction.

It seems JT3 is finally realizing better talent makes him a better coach. He has upgraded his assistants who are doing a great job for him. In terms of recruiting he had lost his way prior to last year. I am sure you guys dont know what we have but let me tell you honestly IF we get Noel and this kid Pollard out of Mississippi this will be the best Gtown since Alonzo's frosh year. Counting the aforementioned 2 frosh I am saying we could have at least 5 NBA players on the roster next year.

Ok carry on I have said enough. Back to you guys saying Noel will be wasting his time at Gtown.

Happy Easter Central NY.

Thanks, same to you. You seem like a good guy, and let me tell you the pack mentality isnt just on your board or this one, but most if not all boards. It's part of the human condition. It was amazing how I'd read on these threads how "done" you guys were... and how I'd read everywhere else that you guys were set to pick up where you left off next year. I'm not sure why there is such a disconnect. Honestly, I'm not worried about it right now. It isn't like my opinion will change it any, so I'll wait a little closer to the start of the season to scout you guys. Anyhow, you didn't deserve the treatment you got, and you're a good guy to stick around and be classy. I must admit I never figured out why most boards have a couple of token fans of other teams though. We aren't that interesting, are we? :D

Happy Easter Central NY.

Nice post and Happy Easter to you and your family as well on a side note the kid and play Flat top is going to look great in Orange

I also despise the holier than thou talk. According to the Hoyaboard if he goes to Ken Tuck or SU he is taking money but if he goes Gtown he is going for free. Laughable at best!

That type of talk makes zero sense. If he is taking money there he will take money here.

Cant have it both ways.

I also despise the holier than thou talk. According to the Hoyaboard if he goes to Ken Tuck or SU he is taking money but if he goes Gtown he is going for free. Laughable at best!

That type of talk makes zero sense. If he is taking money there he will take money here.

Cant have it both ways.

Cant have it both ways.

Cant have it both ways.

Cant have it both ways.

We know gtown fans like to hear themselves talk but 8 posts of the same thing is a little much

You know what, I honestly just Don't care about your opinion... you proletariat fool! ... Wait...

To be fair to the guy, KY and SU were the expected picks, and the fact the Georgetown unexpectedly made the final 3 showed that something about that school stood out to him and/or his mother. It doesn't necessarily mean he is going there, but it certainly is noteworthy in my opinion.

The much heralded "inside info" this morning or last night basically said the same thing I had thought on my own for quite some time: nobody knows for sure, and everyone is still in the running. Some people are talking like they might know something without really saying anything of substance. With that method they obtain worship if it works out, and have no liability if it doesn't. I literally could have said the exact same thing, and have been thinking it. Man, this is how cults work. I know this is the offseason and this is THE most exciting thing to talk about at the moment, but when you take a step back sometimes this whole thing looks comical, no?

Sorry for going off people, but NN has become like a demi-god that is worshiped here, and I don't really care for the lack of class we are showing this Hoya fan. If it were a Duke, UNC, or KY fan, I'd have less empathy. With that said, I can think of logical reasons for SU and KY more easily than Georgetown, but our reasons don't matter as much as NN's and his mom's. Ask not what NN can do for you, but ask yourselves what you can do for NN. I know I haven't earned seniority here like some, but I hope I am making some sense at least. If not, I am willing to learn.
Look, I see you're putting some thought into your posts. That's nice and all, but you need to start lashing out at anyone and everything in sight if you really want to fit in. Just embrace the negativity, shoot from hip and start posting 250 times a day about the same thing.

Look, I see you're putting some thought into your posts. That's nice and all, but you need to start lashing out at anyone and everything in sight if you really want to fit in. Just embrace the negativity, shoot from hip and start posting 250 times a day about the same thing.

I seriously may have to, if my credibility around here hasn't already been destroyed beyond repair. I've gotten a little out of control the last couple of days and may never see another "like" until I do what you said. I actually have been posting a lot more than usual the last few days... I'm not sure what I can lash out at though. I am open to suggestions. If it will please the board, I forgot to pay my rent by the end of grace period because I was unaware of the date due to a lot of posting and lack of sleep. I hope that counts for something!

I seriously may have to, if my credibility around here hasn't already been destroyed beyond repair. I've gotten a little out of control the last couple of days and may never see another "like" until I do what you said. I actually have been posting a lot more than usual the last few days... I'm not sure what I can lash out at though. I am open to suggestions. If it will please the board, I forgot to pay my rent by the end of grace period because I was unaware of the date due to a lot of posting and lack of sleep. I hope that counts for something!

Come on man, that's easy. Current players, former players, future players, players who spurned us or may spurn us, JB and any of his assistants, rational posters, irrational posters, assorted media...

Come on man, that's easy. Current players, former players, future players, players who spurned us or may spurn us, JB and any of his assistants, rational posters, irrational posters, assorted media...

Don't forget to make off-topic posts/threads in all forums other than the off-topic forum...

Don't forget to make off-topic posts/threads in all forums other than the off-topic forum...

Well, I did mildly warn the dude who had a misleading title about NN narrowing down to 2 schools. I don't think it qualifies as thrashing though. I guess I could say they could have done a somewhat better job selecting cheerleaders.

I dub the "CaptainThickburgerJ"