My Question for Tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Question for Tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(There have been no articles giving details of this year’s Jim Boeheim show. I had to call into the radio station to find out that the first show will be tonight. I’ll assume there has been no changes since last year. No schedule had been posted but the show is usually on a Thursday unless there is a game or a holiday that night.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show will likely start out on Zoom and not be at a local restaurant. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, I’m hearing all kinds of discussions about what additional games might be scheduled. What if an additional game might enhance the resume of a team that needs better wins but threaten the resume of a team that’s thinks it’s already in? Who decides whether a particular match-up will be scheduled? The schools or the conference?”

We could schedule a nonconference game if we could get a school interested.
North Carolina just did it yesterday with Northeastern.
If the SU hoops account did it on Twitter I bet we could get a game.
If it’s a conference game then the league office will sanction it.

Debating whether to call this week if anyone has a question they want asked post it here if it’s good I will ask it if they want.

(There have been no articles giving details of this year’s Jim Boeheim show. I had to call into the radio station to find out that the first show will be tonight. I’ll assume there has been no changes since last year. No schedule had been posted but the show is usually on a Thursday unless there is a game or a holiday that night.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show will likely start out on Zoom and not be at a local restaurant. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, I’m hearing all kinds of discussions about what additional games might be scheduled. What if an additional game might enhance the resume of a team that needs better wins but threaten the resume of a team that’s thinks it’s already in? Who decides whether a particular match-up will be scheduled? The schools or the conference?”

Does anyone ever call in and ask a random question like if he enjoys MASH reruns or anything?

Honestly, if he's going to give the same answers each week, I'd rather just ask him to tell a story about something from the past.

Like, did he ever throw back some drinks back with Bill Raftery? Who did you take money off of golfing during the big east coach's meetings? Which player that you coached went from annoying you the most to someone you loved?

Honestly, he's been here forever. Get these stories out now, he won't be around forever.

Honestly, if he's going to give the same answers each week, I'd rather just ask him to tell a story about something from the past.

Like, did he ever throw back some drinks back with Bill Raftery? Who did you take money off of golfing during the big east coach's meetings? Which player that you coached went from annoying you the most to someone you loved?

Honestly, he's been here forever. Get these stories out now, he won't be around forever.
Done

LOL, not sure I can make this weeks broadcast but will certainly try. Matt Park is probably hoping the power goes out locally.
That bad for Park?

JB doesn’t really go hard after Park.
He was fine till he went after the fans after the Clemson game. He can deny he was going after fans but he was clearly spinning a friendly tune after that Clemson game.
JB seems more pissed at Pat than Park.

For those considering calling in, a question about the centers and if were going to try and pursue another big man with Sidibe's career likely over and Jessie looking like he should be at Hobart, could end up with a fascinating response.

That bad for Park?

JB doesn’t really go hard after Park.
He was fine till he went after the fans after the Clemson game. He can deny he was going after fans but he was clearly spinning a friendly tune after that Clemson game.
JB seems more pissed at Pat than Park.

Park seemed off of his game two weeks ago when JB went at him a little, starting stammering and was all over the place. Seemed slightly better last week but if more people are going to be calling in with difficult questions, it's likely he takes the brunt of JB's ire. Is Pat calling in tonight? Maybe Cuserunner will finally man up and call in to.

Park seemed off of his game two weeks ago when JB went at him a little, starting stammering and was all over the place. Seemed slightly better last week but if more people are going to be calling in with difficult questions, it's likely he takes the brunt of JB's ire. Is Pat calling in tonight? Maybe Cuserunner will finally grow a pair and call in to.
I wouldn’t call if I were Pat unless JB was fair to him.

The comments post BC were directed at a fan. That is crazy. That JB would think of what a fan said on the radio so much he would make comments directed at a fan’s opinion.

If JB would have an actual back and worth then it would be worth it for Pat but I wouldn’t expect him to call.

I am going to ask Mike’s questions give a lay-up easy question while sticking up for Pat as I will be driving home after a late night tonight and will be nice.

If Runner calls it would be amazing.

Throwing my questions out there for those brave enough to call in. All time best coached game and worst coached game?

The comments post BC were directed at a fan. That is crazy. That JB would think of what a fan said on the radio so much he would make comments directed at a fan’s opinion.

If JB would have an actual back and worth then it would be worth it for Pat but I wouldn’t expect him to call.

I am going to ask Mike’s questions give a lay-up easy question while sticking up for Pat as I will be driving home after a late night tonight and will be nice.

Runner and then Pat back to back. The radio signal might explode.

Coach, Doc Rivers while with the Clippers had to trade his son Austin, he said it was difficult because "there isn't any instructions in the coach's manual on how to trade your son". Did you have to figure things out when coaching your son? Do you put on the coach's hat during the day and the dad's hat in the evening or are you doing both at the same time? Do you coach your son when he is not with the team? For example do you point out his mistakes to him during the drive home after a game?

I am going to try to butter him
up so Pat can talk with him and then will throw those questions verbatim at him.

If Pat calls, he might want to look at a post I just made "Historical Net Points by Specific Position", a shorter post that looks at things a bit more surgically, comparing point guard to point guard shooting guard to shooting guard, etc.

And again, don't say that I 'proved' that anybody stunk, etc. I'm just supplying some interesting numbers for discussion.

Aren't you always nice?

Aren't you always nice?
Yeah I am always respectful but I am going stick up for Pat so maybe he will call tonight. That might tick off JB so I need the softballs to end.

Show is on

JB talking about games being cancelled due to COVID. Says SU hasn't had to cancel any games because of us having COVID beyond what we dealt with because of Buffalo.

Says its strange Lville can play this Saturday and not yesterday. Matt then thinks Coach has a Mic issue, (he didn't) and grinds the show to a screeching halt.

Matt trying to explain the COVID situation for Lville but is all over the map. Matt then is explaining that SU found out about having to cancel the game about 2pm yesterday. Couldn't get out until 11 that night.

Still discussing not being able to play games due to covid.

JB talks about the lax situation for IVY, "what are they afraid of" "Are you kidding me, they don't even want to try, they dont' care about their athletes"

Matt jumps on the bandwagon and begins crushing the IVY league to.

JB "They don't care about athletes at all". Says now they say bball players who missed this season as Seniors can come back after they all left. Says they have to get into grad school on their own without help. Starts discussing Cornell and a teammate of his son. Cornell forcing him to pay his own way.

On IVY: "They didn't think at all about them"

Calls it Unconscionable, still crushing the IVY. There taking a worse beating then Pat.

Matt jumps in to explain what is happening in the IVY league for some reason 5 minutes into the discussion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom