My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

Producer is probably in the TK99 Studio

Matt Park is working from Drumlins

JB is working from his back yard.

Just can the questions. You got to have this locked up. For all the frustration I have with JB, if you're going to have him on a show like this, it's got to be well run / tight flow.

You can't have JB working through the technical difficulties or getting questions from a drunk guy.

I was disappointed he came at me strong and I couldn’t respond.

The idea our players are so bad at man to man defense they can’t stop walkons stretches my realm of possibility.

I actually go cut off, too, although all i wanted to say was "Thank You coach". They do it when other callers are waiting and Matt or the producer figures enough time has been spent on the current call. I don't think it was personal and certainly not JB's call.

Just can the questions. You got to have this locked up. For all the frustration I have with JB, if you're going to have him on a show like this, it's got to be well run / tight flow.

You can't have JB working through the technical difficulties or getting questions from a drunk guy.
It’s a great idea. Just have people pre call their questions and pick the best ones.

Too bad you put more thought than the producer.

Maybe just take questions submitted by email only.

I actually go cut off, too, although all i wanted to say was "Thank You coach". They do it when other callers are waiting and Matt or the producer figures enough time has been spent on the current call. I don't think it was personal and certainly not JB's call.
I am not offended. I just wish I got to respond when he came back at me. I was given plenty of time and did get one followup comment. I am sure you got the Rocky Balboa and Barcelona comments.

Paulie

Sorry if I misinterpreted your response. You had said maybe you could get him to retire. That's what i was responding to.

Show is Back - Matt starts giving a score run down of a few ongoing games

Tried Alsacs again and there was again an issue, but they finally figured it out.
Alsacs asked a question about personnel and why we don't every switch to man when the zone is beign destroyed especially at the forward position.

JB says that this team is actually a good team for the zone and then gives a weird answer about if we could imagine Marek trying to cover a large and quick forward (as if he can cover these ACC centers).

JB says that this team actually does practice man to man but that "we can't play it".

Alsacs presses him on why we still can't switch it up when were getting lit up. JB says we change up the zone, says the players knew where to be versus Duke but just didn't do it in the first half but did in the 2nd. Says again were a zone team and then says that Tom Izzo is a great coach is a strictly man team.

Alsacs tries to say something and JB cuts him off and yells "Let me answer" Says you dont want to get beat playing your worst defense. Says were gonna play our best defense. Says what if we changed our d at halftime to man versus ND and we gave up 8 points quickly. Can''t change to something we can't do. If we were decent in man to man like 20 years ago we could switch. Our man to man everyday in practice, we can't stop the 5 non scholarship players in practice with it (paraphrasing).

"Just not gonna happen"
1614301744138.png

I have to often remind myself that syracusefan doesn't represent the casual fan. After today's show its clear why JB isn't fan of these shows, the last few callers were a horrific. A guy who is watching this year for the first in a decade and thinks Buddy should take over as coach, a drunk who took 30 seconds to realize he was on air and another guy who doesn't know much about Ga Tech but thinks they and SU are neck and neck.

my past experience has always been screener asks you your question. puts you in queue . you listen on air for a while and then if lucky they cut live to your question. i believe when jb is answering you are muted and may or may not be heard from again. sometimes i've gotten some kind of response most times no.

I have to often remind myself that syracusefan doesn't represent the casual fan. After today's show its clear why JB isn't fan of these shows, the last few callers were a horrific. A guy who is watching this year for the first in a decade and thinks Buddy should take over as coach, a drunk who took 30 seconds to realize he was on air and another guy who doesn't know much about Ga Tech but thinks they and SU are neck and neck.
Absolutely. Certainly not all, but absolutely most of the people here have at least a clue about Syracuse sports.

Did they take CuseRunner yet?
I don’t think I would stop laughing for like 10 minutes if he called.
Coach, I love you, I love how you treat the press, thank you sir, please understand how much I respect you. Please don’t yell at me but why doesn’t Kadary start. Again please don’t yell at me. Please. Also your comments on Covid are spot on.

So you are saying it’s between me and SWC for caller of the day.

So you are saying it’s between me and SWC for caller of the day.

You Steve and another guy had good calls. The dude from Colorado's was OK but not great.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your response. You had said maybe you could get him to retire. That's what i was responding to.
Gotcha. No worries STEVE you’re still high on my Christmas list brother!

JB wants to play games and call me things like (outlandish) clueless and say I don’t research (which means I don’t know anything) and then I try to coach the team. I’m ready for this I try to play nice and exercise empathy in the position he’s in. Jim doesn’t have a ounce of empathy in his whole body, it’s on now!

JB wants to play games and call me things like (outlandish) clueless and say I don’t research (which means I don’t know anything) and then I try to coach the team. I’m ready for this I try to play nice and exercise empathy in the position he’s in. Jim doesn’t have a ounce of empathy in his whole body, it’s on now!

No.

Settle down.

Pat I have much dap for u. Your a great local caller. But Jb doesn't spend 5 seconds in his day thinking bout u.

Maybe getting a bit defensive? And what exactly do you intend to do to Jim warranting "it's on now"?

I don't really understand these stupid shows anyway. They're stupid because we all know very well that Boeheim isn't going to shoot straight most of the time. However, people ask the questions anyway thinking that there is going to be some profound answer. It ain't happenin, fellas. Boeheim is a legendary coach who has gotten as stale as burnt toast. Sorry to say it, but he's really worn me out the last few years (particularly this one).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom