My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

JB wants to play games and call me things like (outlandish) clueless and say I don’t research (which means I don’t know anything) and then I try to coach the team. I’m ready for this I try to play nice and exercise empathy in the position he’s in. Jim doesn’t have a ounce of empathy in his whole body, it’s on now!
You fancy yourself quite the celebrity, quite the arbiter of discourse on Syracuse basketball. It’s something to behold.

JB wants to play games and call me things like (outlandish) clueless and say I don’t research (which means I don’t know anything) and then I try to coach the team. I’m ready for this I try to play nice and exercise empathy in the position he’s in. Jim doesn’t have a ounce of empathy in his whole body, it’s on now!
JAB doesn't have an "ounce of empathy." Outside of doctors and medical professionals, there is no singular person in the history of CNY that has done more for others than JAB.

Now does that mean he is above question or reproach? No, but you are so juvenile in all this ... it's telling.

Man, sit down. Lol.

Dave calls in but more connection issues, JB getting mad "GO AHEAD DAVE".

Dave asks about non-big guys coaching big guys and asks if he is satisfied with his performance. JB says he is and that allen worked with Hop when Hop coached the big men and he's also talked with other coaches. JB starts going through the history of big men coaches at SU.

Says centers are behind but then corrected himself and said Frank is a year early, Ajak is really a forward and Edwards has 3 more years here. Says Bourama ha developed into a real solid center, references his last six games last year. Says he hopes he's gonna be healthy, says he could come back and play next year. Says there will be transfers and guys who want to come back across the country.
He seemed to imply Jessie needed 2 years and this year doesn't count. So, it sounds like 3 years into the program and Jessie won't play next year either. I wonder if Jessie will transfer because of that.

This thread has taken a weird turn. Can we all just get back to busting on runner.

Ya, weird vibes today. I mean, listen, we're all here yapping about a call in show, that has ongoing technical difficulties, with a 76 year old head coach that is a little cranky.

Let's just try to find a little bit of fun in the den of mayhem we're all living in on this spinning rock we're on.

I've never listened or called this show, at this point why don't they just do emailed questions or voicemail questions?

I'm not saying this to be a jerk. Literally, why don't they just screen the questions, edit them for clarity, read them out / play the voicemail and then have JB react? Let through the usuals like SWC or Pat.

They could even do a pseudo PTI where they have a run down and have three parts: current questions (m2m v zone, rotations), history question (how would you compare Sherm and Pearl) and than other (do you feel that the NBA should send the most talented roster or younger players to the olympics?).

What's the most valuable answer he's given during one of these shows?

I said this before, I want to hear him talk about past stories and players more than I want to hear him talk about the current team. We know what he's going to say and do. Is what it is. He's 76, let's get him to tell some old stories.
nah, there will be plenty of time for that after he retires, I want to hear present day

Last edited:
You sure got a rise of him. "Let me answer!"
When he went Tom Izzo on me I had to say something. I mean the idea our players can’t play man to man is just absurd.
He was better just saying listen I won’t do it because I don’t want too.
Instead he sells the idea they are terrible at it and then goes to the height difference between us and UNC. When smaller teams have beaten UNC this year.
Boxing out would be easier in man to man but again I didn’t get much rebuttal time.

When he went Tom Izzo on me I had to say something. I mean the idea our players can’t play man to man is just absurd.
He was better just saying listen I won’t do it because I don’t want too.
Instead he sells the idea they are terrible at it and then goes to the height difference between us and UNC. When smaller teams have beaten UNC this year.
Boxing out would be easier in man to man but again I didn’t get much rebuttal time.

I tend to agree in that he ought to be truthful and just say that's how he coaches and believes we will be most successful. This crap about how we can't play man to man has gotten old. It's very similar to the point he often makes about a player not getting into the rotation because of how he practiced. It's an awfully convenient way to discount the fan because we're not at practice and he knows that, which is why he uses that line.

I tend to agree in that he ought to be truthful and just say that's how he coaches and believes we will be most successful. This crap about how we can't play man to man has gotten old. It's very similar to the point he often makes about a player not getting into the rotation because of how he practiced. It's an awfully convenient way to discount the fan because we're not at practice and he knows that, which is why he uses that line.
yep.

Have you tried Xanax?

Pat I have much dap for u. Your a great local caller. But Jb doesn't spend 5 seconds in his day thinking bout u.
Really any logical person would have thought so but the last two weeks proves otherwise

JAB doesn't have an "ounce of empathy." Outside of doctors and medical professionals, there is no singular person in the history of CNY that has done more for others than JAB.

Now does that mean he is above question or reproach? No, but you are so juvenile in all this ... it's telling.
Two different things !I’m talking about empathy for the loyal Fanbase and understanding and relating to where they’re coming from that’s the definition of empathy in the situation

For what it’s worth (not much I assume), a mid-major head coach I know has a similar weekly radio show & he absolutely hates it... it’s something of an expectation/obligation that comes with the job. Similarly, I can’t imagine JB enjoys doing this in any capacity

If our main players can’t stop walkons in practice playing man to man, that seems real bad

That is really bad. Do our backups stop the walk-ons playing M2M?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom