My random thoughts... | Syracusefan.com

My random thoughts...

JKinPhilly

All Conference
The zone - we don't seem to be as long up top in the zone this year, and I think that opened up some passing lanes tht might not have been there years past. Our best defensive teams have always had long, disruptive guards up top - not seeing that this year.

Joseph - hopefully it ws just the effect of the first time on the big stage, national TV, playing at MSG, but he really looked bad last night. Indecisive, not able to get the offense flowing...probably what we really should expect from a freshman PG. We've been spoiled.

Offense - reading some complaints about the offense flowing through Rak. When you have a team of a bunch of guys who can't shoot the ball to save their lives, why not feed the guy who's 3-5 feet from the basket instead of running the offense from 20 feet away? More shots go in from 5 feet than 20.

Basketball IQ - seems to be lacking on this team. There just doesn't seem to be that one guy who "gets it". You would expect a senior leader like Rak to exhibit it, but he still commits too many dumb fouls. Too many terrible decisions all aorund witht he ball last night...hopefully that gets fixed with experience.

The real question in my mind is how coachable this squad is/will be. If they can use last night and learn what not to do we may puit together a decent season. if they keep down this path we could be in for a long, cold winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom