My simple analysis of the qb battle | Syracusefan.com

My simple analysis of the qb battle

florange44

Scout Team
Without seeing either player in person ever, it seems clear to me that:

1) 4 yrs Texas hs football >> 4 yrs NYC hs football

2) 4 yrs Oklahoma football >> 2 yrs Syracuse football

3) 4 spring practices at OU>> 1 spring practice at SU

on top of all that, the only thing that could have made Hunt the winner was incredible talent ( like mcnabb or macphersen), and we've not had reports like that.

Therefore, it's obvious to me that Allen will be the winner. Hopefully he holds the job too and Hunt improves and becomes the qb next year.

Florange44

I agree the experience is huge - even the 30 passes in real games

Without seeing either player in person ever, it seems clear to me that:

1) 4 yrs Texas hs football >> 4 yrs NYC hs football

2) 4 yrs Oklahoma football >> 2 yrs Syracuse football

3) 4 spring practices at OU>> 1 spring practice at SU

on top of all that, the only thing that could have made Hunt the winner was incredible talent ( like mcnabb or macphersen), and we've not had reports like that.

Therefore, it's obvious to me that Allen will be the winner. Hopefully he holds the job too and Hunt improves and becomes the qb next year.

Florange44

You may be right on all counts. However, the unknown here is that while Allen was a top recruit coming out of Texas in HS, Hunt may have been a little "rougher" or more unpolished. A couple of years in the SU program, and who is to say which one is better right now? We will find out soon enough. As I said before, though, getting beat out by good players at Oklahoma just means he got beat out. Doesn't mean anything when he puts his helmet on here.

The simple answer would've been to come up with $200,000 for a Cam Newton clone.

Could be that Hunt is better talent but not as experienced. Sometimes talent wins sometimes not. Either way we may not miss a beat at QB.
Go Orange!

Maybe it doesn't matter what high school you went to. Doesn't matter how many stars you have. All that matters is bringing it when you've got an opportunity.