My Spring Game Experience | Syracusefan.com

My Spring Game Experience

OrangeOnions

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
When we walked in the gate, the kids were juiced to receive a ticket food voucher for a hot dog and drink. Kudos to the University for this. Nice touch.

Scott Shafer is a genius when speaking and motivating. He pumped up the crowd and reinterated his two for one Villanova game offer. And something about locking the gates which is always a crowd favorite.

I'll leave the in depth football breakdown for the heavier hitters on the board. I will say I was impressed by the wr crew. A lot of depth and speed. Estime and Broyld are special. Hunt looks like a MAN out there. Big, strong and in control. George Morris is a burner. On the other side of the Dyshawn and Kelly are physical hitters.

I attended the game with my wife, our 3 kids, my sister and her daughter. The kids all had their complimentary posters of this years team for autographs. I also had an SU football for autographs for my brother in law who couldn't attend bc he works the 3rd shift.

When we got to Estime we asked him who was faster him or McFarlane? Estime said he was faster. This was later confirmed by McFarlane who said Estime. I asked them who was the third fastest and he Morris II.

The receivers were a really cool crew. Friendly with the kids. My 2 oldest were having a sprinting contest from the 10 yard line that West joined in and let the kids feel like they had a chance.

Luke Arciniega remembered my son, his namesake, from last year. He had given him an elbow sleeve autographed. My son settled for a fist bump this year.

Also ran into Macky who was on the field signing autographs and interacting with the fans. He wished OE a speedy recovery. The kids were really impressed to meet the player who gave Terrel the ball for the winning TD in the bowl game.

I spotted Cameron Lynch in his new wolf gray uni. 4 years ago when he was visiting, during an open outdoor practice, he posed for a picture with my son. I told him the story and how time flies. Cannot believe he is already a senior. He posed for another photo with my son to complete the circle of Orange.

Then we got into the line for Shafer which was probably 50 deep at the time when the air horn went off signifying the end of the autograph/meet and greet session. I told my wife he will stay there, sign every autograph and take every picture with every fan who was remaining on the field. And sure enough he did. When I got up to his table I said these are the grandchildren of someone you visited recently in the hospital. He said, "Dan? He's an amazing fan." He came from behind his table, gave my wife a hug and slapped fives with the kids. He signed autographs and posed for pictures. I told him how much his visit and support meant to my dad and family and gave him a big hug.

As we were set to leave we saw Terrel in his new all white get up. I told him how much his visit to OE meant to all of us. He said, "Dan is great guy. Tell him to get better."

All in all, a great experience. My kids are already lifers, but I'm sure some new fans were made today. The staff and kids should all be very proud of the way they treat their fans. War damn Otto!

Last edited:
When we walked in the gate, the kids were juiced to receive a ticket food voucher for a hot dog and drink. Kudos to the University for this. Nice touch.

Scott Shafer is a genius when speaking and motivating. He pumped up the crowd and reinterated his two for one Villanova game offer. And something about locking the gates which is always a crowd favorite.

I'll leave the in depth football breakdown for the heavier hitters on the board. I will say I was impressed by the wr crew. A lot of depth and speed. Estime and Broyld are special. Hunt looks like a MAN out there. Big, strong and in control. George Morris is a burner. On the other side of the Dyshawn and Kelly are physical hitters.

I attended the game with my wife, our 3 kids, my sister and her daughter. The kids all had their complimentary posters of this years team for autographs. I also had an SU football for autographs for my brother in law who couldn't attend bc he works the 3rd shift.

When we got to Estime we asked him who was faster him or McFarlane? Estime said he was faster. This was later confirmed by McFarlane who said Estime. I asked them who was the third fastest and he Morris II.

The receivers were a really cool crew. Friendly with the kids. My 2 oldest were having a sprinting contest from the 10 yard line that West joined in and let the kids feel like they had a chance.

Luke Arciniega remembered my son, his namesake, from last year. He had given him an elbow sleeve autographed. My son settled for a fist bump this year.

Also ran into Macky who was on the field signing autographs and interacting with the fans. He wished OE a speedy recovery. The kids were really impressed to meet the player who gave Terrel the ball for the winning TD in the bowl game.

I spotted Cameron Lynch in his new wolf gray uni. 4 years ago when he was visiting, during an open outdoor practice, he posed for a picture with my son. I told him the story and how time flies. Cannot believe he is already a senior. He posed for another photo with my son to complete the circle of Orange.

Then we got into the line for Shafer which was probably 50 deep at the time when the air horn went off signifying the end of the autograph/meet and greet session. I told my wife he will stay there, sign every autograph and take every picture with every fan who was remaining on the field. And sure enough he did. When I got up to his table I said these are the grandchildren of someone you visited recently in the hospital. He said, "Dan? He's an amazing fan." He came from behind his table, gave my wife a hug and slapped fives with the kids. He signed autographs and posed for pictures. I told him how much his visit and support meant to my dad and family and gave him a big hug.

As we were set to leave we saw Terrel in his new all white get up. I told him how much his visit to OE meant to all of us. He said, "Dan is great guy. Tell him to get better."

All in all, a great experience. My kids are already lifers, but I'm sure some new fans were made today. The staff and kids should all be very proud of the way they treat their fans. War damn Otto!
write ups like these are why I am a Syracuse Football fan. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom