My take get rid of automatic bid | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My take get rid of automatic bid

IMG_0761.JPG

Great point , epic game, but wasnt do or die for either team. Geeez, i miss the old big east and the natural rivalries.
We don't beat Cincinnati we likely don't make it in 2006. That was a play in game.
That was the only team in the last 30'years to be under .500 in conference play.

I wouldnt be against capping the P5 Bids though.. yeah we want to get in but teams with pretty good years dont because they have no real chance to schedule good enough.

It's fun, and all but unfair to the regular season winner, IMO. They work all year, and win the conference championship. Then slip up in one game, and don't get a shot at the NCAAT. Teams like Monmouth have to win all year, then win again to make it.

As for us, we just had to beat BC, and finish 11-7 in the ACC. Would have played someone else, and maybe win our ACCT tourney game. I know, I know. If.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather not watch UConn in the tournament

Uconn is 16-16, they ain't making the tournament. However, the one that was 9-9 in the Big East was good enough to win the national championship. I'd rather see a team like that or a team like Syracuse last year play in the tournament, than Monmouth or St. Bonnies. Those "turds" play in brutal conferences and lose a lot of games because their conferences were loaded.

It's fun, and all but unfair to the regular season winner, IMO. They work all year, and win the conference championship. Then slip up in one game, and don't get a shot at the NCAAT. Teams like Monmouth have to win all year, then win again to make it.

As for us, we just had to beat BC, and finish 11-7 in the ACC. Would have played someone else, and maybe win our ACCT tourney game. I know, I know. If.
If Monmouth played in the ACC they would have a losing record, probably only ahead of BC. Same for most of the these mid major champs.

you forget to say that if monmouth played in the ACC their recruiting would automatically uptick as well.

Uconn is 16-16, they ain't making the tournament. However, the one that was 9-9 in the Big East was good enough to win the national championship. I'd rather see a team like that or a team like Syracuse last year play in the tournament, than Monmouth or St. Bonnies. Those "turds" play in brutal conferences and lose a lot of games because their conferences were loaded.

Monmouth is in anything LESS than a brutal conference. A solid conference.

If Monmouth played in the ACC they would have a losing record, probably only ahead of BC. Same for most of the these mid major champs.

Of course they would. It's apples and oranges, if they are hypothetically in the ACC, they receuit better and that blows up this argument.

I'll bet some of you folks want to make sure every participant in a middle school sport gets a medal.

He or she wasn't referring to Monmouth as from a great conference

No, they arent, but my point was they are from a legitimate mid major that deserves an auto bid.

That UConn team won a premium preseason tourney and the Big East tourney. So it wasn't even at large team or close to the bubble. Not a great example.

Now let me :vomit:

That UConn team won a premium preseason tourney and the Big East tourney. So it wasn't even at large team or close to the bubble. Not a great example.

Lol I thought he was talking about the 2014 version, which was a turd no one would have been sad to see left out.

Of course they would. It's apples and oranges, if they are hypothetically in the ACC, they receuit better and that blows up this argument.
We're talking about current teams this season. Future recruiting has nothing to do with anything. These teams would get creamed playing in the ACC THIS SEASON.

We're talking about current teams this season. Future recruiting has nothing to do with anything. These teams would get creamed playing in the ACC THIS SEASON.

Bad argument, they are a maac team and my point was they got screwed under the current system. Cant compare them to p5 teams.

That uconn team was 9-9 and was a bubble team before winning the BIG East and national title.

Lol I thought he was talking about the 2014 version, which was a turd no one would have been sad to see left out.

A turd that won the title? The 2014 team was 26-8 and 12-6 in the conference. They were pretty good.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom