My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Coming out of the timeout, Jimmy hit the little floater in the lane to make it 55-51 with about 6:15 left in the game.

From that point on, we scored 2 points (2 free throws by Jesse if I am not mistaken) and did not grab a single, clean defensive rebound (someone can correct me on this if I am wrong).

On every shot they took, Nova either grabbed the O rebound or Nova got their hands on the ball but knocked it out of bounds.

Ouch.

I think we played them pretty much dead-even for 34 minutes but those last 6 minutes were really rough.
Yes that was exactly my thinking. I turned off the game when Nova went up by 8, I knew we wouldn’t come back from that.

Yeah but,… SU forwards have in the past done a good job feeding the post. Jimmy doesn’t. Don’t know if he doesn’t trust himself or trust Jesse yet.
Jimmys game is backing in which basically takes away his vision to pass

He’s probably shooting 60-70% from the lane. Why pass?
He doesn't need to most of the time, but, on occasion if someone cuts to the basket or the defense loses track of Edwards, an interior pass for a dunk is even better.

Last edited:
He doesn'r need to most of the time, but, on occasion if someone cuts to the basket or the defense loses track of Edwards, an interior pass for a dunk is even better.
Or if we are down enough that a three could help us more.

He’s probably shooting 60-70% from the lane. Why pass?
A dunk from Jesse is typically a higher percentage.

But I’m more talking about when he gets the ball near the foul line to the top of the key. I wonder if he’s actually looking for Jesse to clear the lane so Jimmy can drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom