My Take | Syracusefan.com

My Take

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Ugly game dominated by defense. Strange game...one has to question Pitino's ultra conservative benching of Siva for so long with 3 PFs. JB would never have done what, especially dealing with a really experienced junior. By the time Siva came back, he was a different player. Was ineffective in the 2nd half. What was Rick thinking? Maybe it was the white suit. Has to weigh heavily on a man to be dressed in such a manner.

UL is poorly equipped to attack our zone...JB took Kuric away and the Cards really had no one else who hurt us from outside.

Good to see JS and BT, almost outcasts in recent games, playing key roles in the victory. BT is our best guard at stopping penetration...I think that is why he was out there more than anything. Tough game for Scoop...hard to sustain the level of play he had against the Huskies. Dion's stat line isn't going to be pretty either, but he had a couple of big assists late. Might want to really focus on passing against a good shot blocker.

Fab really struggled blocking out and getting rebounds again but he hustled his butt off and got a couple of badly needed baskets because of it. Amazing how many minutes he has been able to play without getting really tired. Impressed he is staying out of foul trouble too. What is the record for the most offensive goal tending calls in a season? Will he end up with more charges drawn or more offensive interference calls this season? Too close to call.

UL has warts and is not a great team but they are a legitimate top 25 team. They play excellent defense and have some excellent athletes. Getting a win, even a really ugly one like this, on the road, is a big achievement for this team. Really impressed with their mental toughness and ability to bounce back when UL had their big run to take the lead. These guys are showing a warrior's heart in crunch time again and again down the stretch of this tough run of games. It bodes well for the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom