My TBT game two dilemma | Syracusefan.com

My TBT game two dilemma

DonLightfoot

All Conference
I hope you guys don't get tired of me with a lot of my posts being directed at frustration to watch our hoops games. Game one was on ESPN which was fine for me. Game two (and hopefully game three) are on ESPN+ which I can't get. During the telecast the announcers said the games were being broadcast in some 140 countries, but I don't see any reference to them on the major Canadian sports networks. Googling "Watching TBT in Canada" also gave me nothing that I could find. I've sent an email through the TBT website in hopes they can provide some information on this. If any of you have any thoughts or suggestions I would be very appreciative.

I hope you guys don't get tired of me with a lot of my posts being directed at frustration to watch our hoops games. Game one was on ESPN which was fine for me. Game two (and hopefully game three) are on ESPN+ which I can't get. During the telecast the announcers said the games were being broadcast in some 140 countries, but I don't see any reference to them on the major Canadian sports networks. Googling "Watching TBT in Canada" also gave me nothing that I could find. I've sent an email through the TBT website in hopes they can provide some information on this. If any of you have any thoughts or suggestions I would be very appreciative.

Isn't ESPN+ accessible over the Internet? Or do they block it in Canada?

Last edited:
I have no help to offer, but always take an interest in your posts. I'm not sure if I get the weird CW (?) games here on my cable this year. At least we have this board, and sometimes we have to remind ourselves how much we do get to see compared to when we were kids.

Could you possibly drive down and watch the game in person? Or possibly drive just across the border and watch at.a bar in the US?

Maybe there is some random streaming site that it's on in Canada. Not on TV, but online.

I know how you feel. Everytime I see ESPN+, I start panicking.

Thanks for the responses gang :)

IthicaMatt – ESPN+ is blocked in Canada. I would need to get a VPN with an American IP address and get a password from somebody for it to work. Not worth the effort or expense.

cuseattle – I know you have always been sympathetic to my situation. Yes, this forum is a bit of a life line.

sutomcat – Several years ago I went down to Baltimore for the national semi final game. I also went to OCC for a couple of games a few years back. Unfortunately, out of country health insurance these days is just getting too expensive, especially given my age and existing health conditions.

cliftonparksufan – I have a Canadian streaming subscription for all NFL games, all NHL games and all Blue Jays games. I can only assume there isn’t enough demand up here for this event.

Got a decent reply to my email from TBT. If something does change, I don’t see it happening by Wednesday night. However, nice to know there are still some caring people out there these days. Here is their reply:

“Hi Don! Thanks for reaching out! That’s unfortunate. Our games usually make it up to Canada. Distribution is at ESPN’s sole discretion, but we will ask them to see if they know anything about it. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

On-line radio for me tomorrow I guess.

I have no help to offer, but always take an interest in your posts. I'm not sure if I get the weird CW (?) games here on my cable this year. At least we have this board, and sometimes we have to remind ourselves how much we do get to see compared to when we were kids.
You're getting the ECAC game of the week this Saturday afternoon and you will like it!

Thanks for the responses gang :)

IthicaMatt – ESPN+ is blocked in Canada. I would need to get a VPN with an American IP address and get a password from somebody for it to work. Not worth the effort or expense.

cuseattle – I know you have always been sympathetic to my situation. Yes, this forum is a bit of a life line.

sutomcat – Several years ago I went down to Baltimore for the national semi final game. I also went to OCC for a couple of games a few years back. Unfortunately, out of country health insurance these days is just getting too expensive, especially given my age and existing health conditions.

cliftonparksufan – I have a Canadian streaming subscription for all NFL games, all NHL games and all Blue Jays games. I can only assume there isn’t enough demand up here for this event.

Got a decent reply to my email from TBT. If something does change, I don’t see it happening by Wednesday night. However, nice to know there are still some caring people out there these days. Here is their reply:

“Hi Don! Thanks for reaching out! That’s unfortunate. Our games usually make it up to Canada. Distribution is at ESPN’s sole discretion, but we will ask them to see if they know anything about it. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

On-line radio for me tomorrow I guess.
I really don't understand ESPN+. I know there is a subscription charge, but I feel that we get most of the games anyways without subscribing. Guess we will find out tonight.

Just get a trial for a VPN service like use (express vpn). Very simple to use. Download make an account select where the country you want the VPN from, connect your done.

I really don't understand ESPN+. I know there is a subscription charge, but I feel that we get most of the games anyways without subscribing. Guess we will find out tonight.
There have been some games that have been on both ACCN Extra and ESPN+. I wouldn't count on that tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom