My throat is still sore from screaming at the top of my lungs | Syracusefan.com

My throat is still sore from screaming at the top of my lungs

NYCSUGrad

All Conference
At the screw job the refs applied at the Garden. Now granted we missed way too many free throws but the refs turned the tide in this game. They were just determines SU would go out of the league with an L.

I've never seen a more unfairly officiated game, at least in person. I would say I hope I'll never see it again, but we WILL be playing Duke.

Sour grapes. The refs were not biased. Why would they favor UL over SU?

At the screw job the refs applied at the Garden. Now granted we missed way too many free throws but the refs turned the tide in this game. They were just determines SU would go out of the league with an L.

I've never seen a more unfairly officiated game, at least in person. I would say I hope I'll never see it again, but we WILL be playing Duke.
Amen to that, I was just going to say there was no way they'd let us win this game. First time I have ever seen a 3 foul called by a ref on the opposite side.

Exactly. It is not like we were playing against a NBE or C7 team. We were playing against another traitor who is also leaving.

Possibly because Syracuse was the glue that held this conference together, just a hunch.

Possibly because Syracuse was the glue that held this conference together, just a hunch.

yeah I don't buy that either. We were certainly a very important piece of the BE but to say we were the glue is fan bias at it's finest.

I said this on another thread--we lost by 17. It would have been closer, but lets move on.

LOL my sarcasm meter is reading at 100. At least it better be!

No sarcasm. These refs work for multiple conferences. It's not as if it's college football where each conference has ref crews specifically for that conference.

yeah I don't buy that either. We were certainly a very important piece of the BE but to say we were the glue is fan bias at it's finest.
We built this conference no fan bias.

We built this conference no fan bias.

The other founding members would beg to differ. We certainly had a large hand in building it but to say we did it by ourselves is ridiculous. Even if I agreed with you to say that is the reason we lost is ridiculous.

The other founding members would beg to differ. We certainly had a large hand in building it but to say we did it by ourselves is ridiculous. Even if I agreed with you to say that is the reason we lost is ridiculous.
The other founding members that didnt like football?

I said this on another thread--we lost by 17. It would have been closer, but lets move on.

That flagrant destroyed us.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Were you at the game Frozen? Cause none of the Cuse fans in my center court section had a different opinion about the reffing. It was ludicrously bad. Maybe if I had failed to mention the free throw woes you could say I lacked perspective.

I agree we have had help, but we were the constant. We never had a lull. We were always good to great. No one else could say that.

Were you at the game Frozen? Cause none of the Cuse fans in my center court section had a different opinion about the reffing. It was ludicrously bad. Maybe if I had failed to mention the free throw woes you could say I lacked perspective.

Every time SU loses, people blame the refs. It's bush league.

I agree we have had help, but we were the constant. We never had a lull. We were always good to great. No one else could say that.

We have rarely been great, imo. We have always been good to above average. That said when both UConn and G'town have more BET titles than we do I find it hard to say we were the reason the BE was so great.

Either way I don't think this particular issue had anything to do with the refs or the loss tonight and that was my original point.

We have rarely been great, imo. We have always been good to above average. That said when both UConn and G'town have more BET titles than we do I find it hard to say we were the reason the BE was so great.

Either way I don't think this particular issue had anything to do with the refs or the loss tonight and that was my original point.

We fell apart when James got his fourth. But the second that flagrant was called the game was over. That sucked whatever life they had.

Rewatched most of the second half. MCW was not the same after his first fall. He was hurting. The refs were not the problem so much when the Cards were climbing back to even, though they missed a few fouls and a blatant travel. Louisville made their free throws even if they shouldn't have been at the line for all of them. The flagrant foul on MCW was in the letter of the law but totally ignored the FACT that HE was fouled before the elbow was thrown. That's bad reffing. The Cards got their lead as the announcers said by being aggressive, and shooting well. It's just a problem as other posters have said that the aggressive team is allowed to get away with touch fouls that should be called.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom